Question about backing up Content Manager Database

DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So I was looking at Adam's tut to backup my content database but I noticed that the dates on the files were way back in March. The only thing with a current date is in the vlog directory. Are these the correct files to back up?
ContentDB.blb
ContentDB.dat
ContentDB.ind
ContentDB.vdb
master.vdb

When 4.5 startes my categories directory is intact. I currently do not use smart content.

Comments

• aminrougeaminrouge Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't use smart content too,when i backuped my files i used ContentDB.dat,ContentDB.ind,ContentDB.vdb and zip files of course.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Search for files with those names somewhere else -- I've seen that when the location of the databases has been changed and the old versions were left behind.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Thank you I will do that.
    Lonnie

edited December 1969

Search for files with those names somewhere else -- I've seen that when the location of the databases has been changed and the old versions were left behind.

Thanks Mike. That did the trick. That directory is everywhere. The active one is on a directory I can not see with my browser. I have backed up my data and now I can breath a little better. Thanks again.
    Lonnie

edited December 1969

It's good to have a brilliant admin around here,mike your the best.
    and i am sorry Lonnie if i send you in the wrong way!

edited December 1969

aminrouge said:
    It's good to have a brilliant admin around here,mike your the best.
    and i am sorry Lonnie if i send you in the wrong way!

Not a problem aminrouge. It is hard to answer technical questions through the forums. There is no dialogue to allow people to completly understand the question. That is why having more than one answer is a good thing. I appriciate your williness to step up and provide input and start the dialogue. Those type of people are few and far between. Thank you.
    Lonnie
    edited December 1969

Your welcome....Lonnie.