Why does figures look better in daz.

roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I am a user of ds4 pro as well as poser 2012 pro, although I have not been proficient in poser..it is harder to learn than daz studio. But, why do the characters that I work on look better in daz studio versus poser pro. In poser, the figures do not look as well defined. This is before rendering, of course.

Comments

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

I totally disagree about harder to learn, in my opinion studio is extremely chaotic and difficult to get adjusted to. But I guess that depends on what you are used to.
    I don't understand the looking "well defined" thing. If you have HW Shading on (Rendersettings for Preview), it pretty much looks like the final render. If you are taliing about sharpness of textures, you can set the size for preview mode also in the Rendersettings in the Preview tab. Lights are also important. IDL is not supported for preview mode, so that will not show, but I am not sure if that is waht you are talking about

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,799
    edited December 1969

studio must make better use of the graphics card in preview
    on my old laptop I could barely run Daz studio so used Carrara and Poser7 because my graphics were crap
    rendering not graphics dependent so never had issues there, just preview scenes.

• roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
    edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    I totally disagree about harder to learn, in my opinion studio is extremely chaotic and difficult to get adjusted to. But I guess that depends on what you are used to.
    I don't understand the looking "well defined" thing. If you have HW Shading on (Rendersettings for Preview), it pretty much looks like the final render. If you are taliing about sharpness of textures, you can set the size for preview mode also in the Rendersettings in the Preview tab. Lights are also important. IDL is not supported for preview mode, so that will not show, but I am not sure if that is waht you are talking about

Yes, it is probably due to me not knowing how to use poser, yet, and all of the desktop settings. I will stick to it and learn this software.
  • eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
    edited December 1969

Poser is not that hard to learn, and when you get down to it really, Studio is based on Poser. They just do things a little differently.

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

I started with Poser 4 in 2001 and used all the versions upto P7 which was my favorite. In 2009, a friend challenged me to try Daz Studio so I told him I would use it for a month and make a report. DS3 was just coming out. I watch a few tutorial vids and jumped right in. I found it extremely easy to use and after a few weeks, I was creating images better then what I was able to figure out in Poser in the eight years I used it. I now use DS usas my main app, however, I also use Poser Pro 2012 and Carrara side by side with it. I have seen some pretty amazing images made with Poser, but I am not able to achieve that kind of quality.

• eclark1849eclark1849 Posts: 211
    edited December 1969

You need to talk to Bagginsbill. I'll bet you anything your main problem is with lighting and textures.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I've used both, and I found poser's learning curve to be much more gentle and intuitive (stay away from the hair room)