Smart contents empty

danielterrazdanielterraz Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi.
I'm very, veeery, new in Daz Studio ( I just download DS4 today) and I've being watching Beginners Guide tutorials all over the internet all day.

Most of them talk about the Smart Content tab and how all the default assets are shown in there from the moment the program starts. The problem for me is that there are no contents in the Smart Contents tab, under Files or Products, no matter what part of the Genesis character I select.
It's just like that portion of the software could not watch the contents that are displayed correctly in the Content Library.

Is this normal? What am I doing wrong?

I'm using a Mac running Snow leopard and I'm not new to 3D in general, only to DAZ.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It may be that the CMS service isn't running or is being blocked. If you go to the Content Library tab, is there anything in Products or Categories? If not, try starting the CMS again.

• danielterrazdanielterraz Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm feeling really stupid right now but, what is CMS and where do I restart it?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

CMS is the Content Management Service whcih is installed along with DAZ Studio. I have no idea how to start it on a Mac, but in Windows there is a folder in the All Programs area called DAZ 3d, and it contains a folder called DAZ Content Management Service. There is an icon there for restarting it.

You could try a search for some of the key words to find that folder until someone who knows where it is on a Mac comes along?

edited December 1969

I found it. It's under library/DAZ 3D/Content Management Service, but is a small application that won't open.

I hope someone on the Mac side can help me with this.

Thank you Jimmy anyway.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Go to Launchpad > Other > Activity Monitor

At the top use the pulldown to select "All Processes"

Verify that the "DAZ Content Management Service" is listed and running.

You should see something like this:

201208151608_osx_daz_cms.png
    414 x 28 - 10K
    edited December 1969

Then is official, CMS are not running for me.

Is that why every time I open a previously saved DAZ file it opens as the default UI, whit the gray character instead of the one I saved?

I'll try to reinstall DAZ and see if that works. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you very much.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

To change the startup scene (or have no startup scene load), go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and uncheck or change the Default Scene.

• edited December 1969

Hi, sorry for hijacking the thread, but I am having the same problem. Running DazStudio 4.5.0.114 (32 bit version) on an iMac (Leopard OSX 10.5.8). I have been asking for help on the Nuts & Bolts form and have been directed here.

I have nothing showing up in the Products and Categories folders, and the Smart Content Pane is also showing nothing. Rather annoying as I have a sizable collection of products for Genesis, and it is more than just a pain-in-the-neck having to use the standard Content Library to find and load up all the clothes, props, materials (etc) for these.

I have no idea what (or where) Launchpad is (it may be a Snow Leopard thing - I am running Leopard), so unable to confirm if the Daz Content Management Service is running or not. I cannot find this the CMS either within DazStudio or using the search facility within Finder (the Mac OS). I have tried various key words and phrases, but no luck in finding it.

Hoping to find a solution to this.

• chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I have the exact problem as danielterraz. I used snow leopard, Mac, as well.

The only difference is when I first started using Daz 4 pro, everything works fine in the Smart Content. Now nothing shows, and Product and Categories is not responding as well. I would like to do something about this CMS if that is the issue and perhaps even resetting to default can solve this problem. Hopefully someone how uses Mac comes along and help... But I have a question, if I can do that to reset this Smart Content properly, would I lose everything I already installed. ( this is my concern so that i won't risk reinstalling Daz all over again).

Please help... it's really painful to search for anything when the Smart Content does not work...

• edited December 1969

I found this in the Help Centre:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20753526

However it is not much help, very badly written if there is it stops half way through the topic with no links or guidance on what to do to fix the problem. I have raised a ticket with the help desk to try and get an answer to this. I will let everyone know what I find out when I get a response.

• bradowadobradowado Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Running Daz Studio 4.5 on Windows and I'm experiencing the same problem...nothing shows up in the Actors, Wardrobe and Props > Files list.. started the CMS and restarted Daz, but still nothing...

edited December 1969

bradowado said:
    Running Daz Studio 4.5 on Windows and I'm experiencing the same problem...nothing shows up in the Actors, Wardrobe and Props > Files list.. started the CMS and restarted Daz, but still nothing...

Is there anything appearing in the Smart Content tab? Are you sure that the the CMS is running, have you checked in the Task Manager?

Is there anything in Products and categories, if not, the CMS is not running.

• bradowadobradowado Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Whoops. Forgot to run the "14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe" after installing Daz Studio. That fixed it.

• yenxzoyenxzo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am experiencing the same issue described here and I can't restart CMS. I am monitoring, reinstalling, uninstalling DAZ CMS and the whole DAZ 4.5 Pro, but nothing changes. I am running (x64) MAC OSX Mountain Lion on iMac and CMS is not even running, nor can it restart. Can someone help please. It seems to be a a serious problem as the web is full of complaints on that very matter but people offer little help on that. Please Help!
    NB: I've done everything suggested earlier in this thread, but still nothing. I purchased the Toon Generations Bundle and plan on using the UberEnvironment2 but cant find it inside DAZ since Smart Content doesnt show anything.

edited December 1969

I tried to download the Genesis file that someone above suggested and I cant coz I get this error : Sorry, there was an error getting requested content. Please contact store owner.
    I cant download it. Anyone knows where else to get this file for MAC OSX?

• silvia365silvia365 Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I have the same problem, I can not downloaded the genesis content.

edited December 1969

Help is extremely slow here...I even sent a comment via support link to the support/help folks, since I purchased the Toon Generations Bundle, but still no replies, no answers, no nothing!!!

edited December 1969

As of the time of posting here, the time in Utah is 8:17 am, DAZ 3D don't start that early.

You have the toon Generations bundle? These items are in Poser format, and you will find them in the Content Library tab under Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > 3D Universe.

If you cannot see the Content Library tab, go to Window > Tabs and select it from the list. you can then dock it anywhere.

@silvia365

What problems are you having exactly, and what are you trying to download, and what browser are you using?

• bmeitebmeite Posts: 1
    edited September 2012

I am having the same issue.

Post edited by bmeite on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for you reply, Jimmy. It is good to see someone responding to my cries at least. Thanks again.
    I am using a Mac running OSX Mountain Lion. I see the Content Tab and there is no problem with that. As I said I purchased the Toon Bundle and was trying to replicate to skin texture and lighting, etc...as the ones in the demo. I read in one of your posts that they've used UberEnvironment2, which I can't find anywhere inside DAZ Studio. After researching again, I was told to check the CMS and in fact my CMS is not working, reason why my Smart Content is not working either. Someone in this thread and other threads suggested that it might be linked to the Genesis Starter Essentials zip file. That too cannot be downloaded as the link is broken. I've tried both the mac and the windows zip files and both links are broken.
    In short, how can make UberEnvironment2 --> Smart Content --> Genesis Starter Essentials work on a mac os 10.8.1 running DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro.

edited December 1969

First of all, the UE2 lights are in the Content Library tab, DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Light Presets > omnifreaker (see image below)

What version are we talking about here? Have you just bought the 4.5.0.137 Beat version from the store? I got it yesterday, and the Genesis Essentials Starter file worked perfectly for me. I cant understand why you cannot download it, as we all get both Mac and PC downloads. You may have to clear your browser cache, or try a different browser. This bundle has nothing at all to do with the CMS.

The CMS can be uninstalled itself, in Windows it is in the All Programs area, Mac must also have a place where applications that can be run are listed? If the CMS is not running, and you can't start it, then you would need to uninstall it, and reinstall DS 4.5.0.137.

Smart Content will not work without the CMS, but the Content Library will list everything that is on your HDD.

Untitled-1.jpg
    1068 x 598 - 129K
    edited December 1969

Hello Jimmy,

I will downloaded Daz Studio4.5. I can loaded all, but not Genessis Startet Essentials.
    I think the link is broken.

Download is currently unavailable

Sorry, this download is currently unavailable.

Please go to your Account and check your Order Status.

I buy from Smay the new Mavka and now I can not render :-/

I hope Daz answer me, befor I go to bed, because here in austria come the evening **smile**
    And sorry for my bad english.

Have a nice day,hugs Silvia

edited December 1969

Thanks for replying Slyvia, I have just tried to download the Genesis Starter Essentials from my Avalable Downloads are, and it worked for both the Mac and PC version. It may have a bad link on your page to the server, in which case we will have to wait until DAZ get into work to get it sorted out.

There are too many people with the same problem to be a browser error I think, yourself , yenxzo and bmeite, to name but three :)

I will see what I can do by contacting an admin for you.

edited September 2012

Thank you JimmyC! Now here is the deal: The Genesis Starter Essentials has EVERYTHING to do with that issue. The broken link was fixed, I downloaded the files, installed them and Voila! Otherwise, I was not even able to see the Lights Presets as you showed in your image. Also I am running the DAZ Studio Version 4.5.0.114 Pro Edition (64bit) for Mac. I downloaded that yesterday, so I guess this is the latest release for mac. Again thank you for your patience and your help. Hope this thread will help someone, right before he shoots himself hahaha. Coz after hours of trying to fix that I was about to shoot myself....grrrrr. Thanks JimmyC.

And while I am here, do you by any chance know the specific lights and such that were used in the demo for the Toon Bundle?

Post edited by yenxzo on
    edited December 1969

Hello Jimmy,

jippie my download link works:wow:

I have clear my browser and take cleanup and start my pc again and
    now it works. I dont know if Daz take a new link or it was the browser
    problemll the other links works fine :roll:

A big thank you for your fast help.

hugs Silvia

edited September 2012

Thanka to both of you, but I think DAZ must have found a bad link in the server and fixed it. I am relieved that it is working now.

Perhaps the CMS is part of the Genesis Essentials now, but it was always part of the main installer? But then, so was Genesis :) I must admit, I never thought that was the problem, but I know now.

And while I am here, do you by any chance know the specific lights and such that were used in the demo for the Toon Bundle?

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that, you could try dropping 3D Universe a PM here on the forum, and he also has a website of his own with it's own forum too. I will try to get you a link if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

EDIT:

I just got word that DAZ fixed the problem this morning, a good job.

The site would have been easy enought to find :) : http://www.3duniverse.co.za/default.asp?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

I am having the same problem as everyone else, on my Mac Pro.....no content in Smart Loading Content. I have looked through all of the replies, but none address this issue in plain english. My CMS isn't running. How do you start it???

Folks, the reason we are having a problem is because we just started using DAZStudio. If you communicate to us "noobs" like we are veteran users, we are not going to be helped. Why must this software be so hard to operate.

I thought this was supposed to be fun to use....not very much fun to me if it cant be used.

BTW....I tried uploading a screenshot, but even though the file is 256KB, this forum wont allow you to upload it......its 256k.....really? This is too big????

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

Hello,

First, screenshots are best in jpg format as they are smaller (compressed), and size cannot exceed 2000 pixels in either width or height.

Smart content on Mac OS X
    First, which version of Mac OS X are you running, that's an important question.
    Second, in the folder where DAZ Studio is located (where you installed it in /Applications) there is a folder named service. It contains two Applescriptslets, Start DAZ Content Management Service & Stop DAZ Content Management Service.

You can check via Activity Monitor (in /Applications/Utilities ) if the DAZ Content Management Service is running.

Hope this helps.

• edited December 1969

OK, so I was surprised that my resolution was more than 2000 and I have converted to a smaller size and included it as an attachment.

Smart content on Mac OS X:

First, which version of Mac OS X are you running, that’s an important question: OSX 10.8.4

Second, in the folder where DAZ Studio is located (where you installed it in /Applications) there is a folder named service. It contains two Applescriptslets, Start DAZ Content Management Service & Stop DAZ Content Management Service.

You can check via Activity Monitor (in /Applications/Utilities ) if the DAZ Content Management Service is running.

I thought I mentioned in my original entry that I had tried to start the CMS and it never pops up in Activity monitor, but I will restart my computer and attempt to start it from a clean reboot and see if that helps.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-26_at_11.25_.20_PM_copy_.jpg
    1990 x 1119 - 164K
  • edited December 1969

I did a clean reboot and CMS does not start when I double click on it.