InaneGlory's Photo Studio 3 and PA Sale[Commercial]

Comments

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

Fair point Gedd. And now back to the pictures. Here are full size of the two that I did.

promo5a.jpg
    500 x 650 - 314K
    promo5.jpg
    500 x 650 - 309K
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

All of the Photo Studio Lights will work with UberSoft Lighting or UberEnvironment...The Area Light Shader supports falloff, the Gel Light (only) supports gobos. None have built in barndoors but any plane put in front of/to the side of one of the mesh lights will do the job quite nicely :)

Ty, all of the information was very helpful :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Another cool lighting set InaneGlory shame I can't use them yet. I started using Area Lighting a lot more about a year ago so it will be fun reverse engineering these. :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the lovely comments.
    I love the effect these lights give when using just one of them, the Bathroom scene was done with just one Broadlight. And yes its Antfarms killzone - love those little sets.

This one was done with one of the presets and just the back light removed.

Light-set.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 328K
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

We are getting into the Halloween season. So I thought I'd throw this in.

vamp2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 297K
    edited December 1969

Nice DOF pete.

One more.

Ig-lightset-twinkeyPSD1.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 267K
  • edited December 1969

Can additional light gel textures be used with this set? I'm using DS 4.5, so I'm afraid I can't experiment with this light set till the fix comes out later this week.

Specifically, I'm looking at buying the Chaos Neurotic Light Gels for DS that's on sale today and using those light gel textures with Inane Glory's Photo Studio 3. But I'm completely new to light gels and don't know if this is possible...

Thanks for your help!

edited December 1969

@scorpio You are killing me with your lighting skills. I really like the style of your work.

• InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

sikeus said:
    Can additional light gel textures be used with this set? I'm using DS 4.5, so I'm afraid I can't experiment with this light set till the fix comes out later this week.

Specifically, I'm looking at buying the Chaos Neurotic Light Gels for DS that's on sale today and using those light gel textures with Inane Glory's Photo Studio 3. But I'm completely new to light gels and don't know if this is possible...

Thanks for your help!

Yes, you can use other gel textures or create your own. But you probably can't use them as is, straight or of the box. They'll probably need a little tweaking in a photo editor (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Gimp etc). You need to turn your gels into negative images to get the gel mesh light to display them correctly. It's a little quirk in the make up of the Area Light Shader. 1000x1000 is the default texture size but just about anything will work :)

• edited December 1969

sikeus said:

Thanks for your help!

Yes, you can use other gel textures or create your own. But you probably can't use them as is, straight or of the box. They'll probably need a little tweaking in a photo editor (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Gimp etc). You need to turn your gels into negative images to get the gel mesh light to display them correctly. It's a little quirk in the make up of the Area Light Shader. 1000x1000 is the default texture size but just about anything will work :)

Thanks! That was very helpful, and just what I needed to know.

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    @scorpio You are killing me with your lighting skills. I really like the style of your work.

:red: Thank you - but I can't really take the credit for the lightning skill that is all Inane's

edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:

:red: Thank you - but I can't really take the credit for the lightning skill that is all Inane's

No, no you don't get to get away with that one. I just gave you the tools, the skills (& the vision) is all you! ;-)

edited December 1969

Another Toon character. I was able to add a beauty light to the mix.

Peggy_Maps_Out_Bike_Trails.jpg
    1000 x 829 - 588K
    edited September 2012

Cool render Pete!

The new 4.5 beta with the fixed Area Light is out!
    I just installed and tested it all three version of Photo Studio will now work in 4.5

They also fixed the geometry switching issue so you no long need different versions of the light rigs in Photo Studio 3, the DS3 and DS4 versions both load fine in DS4.5 now. Off to see about how much faster 4.5 really is...

:-)

Edit: got so excited I forgot to add the link:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7959/

Post edited by InaneGlory on
    edited December 1969

Tested out the lights in 4.5 and they seem to act just as they're supposed to. I'd heard other saying that the other lights in 4.5 seem not as bright as they did in 4.0.3 so I was a little worried. It definitely rendered faster but I'm not sure how much faster it really is.
    1st one is in 4.5 w/April's new hair
    2nd one is in 4.0.3

PopUp05_-_Promo04a_CU.jpg
    650 x 650 - 177K
    PopUp05_-_Promo04b_CU.jpg
    650 x 650 - 175K
  • AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Great set IG! And now it works as it should! ^_^

And a quick tip for setting up your own light rig when using the individual light props:

Load for example one of the "spot lights", create a new camera set all translation and rotation values of the new camera to 0, parent the spotlight object to the camera. Switch to the new camera view, select the light object and in the parameter tab move it along the Z axis untill it no longer obstracts your view. Now using the usual camera movement shortcuts/icons of the viewport you can place and aim your Area-light like a native spotlight.

Post edited by Akhbour on
    edited December 1969

Still love these lights, they seem to work the same in 4.5 as in 4.
    I'm loving 4.5, it seems a lot faster to me.

Done in 4.5 one softlight and one spot.

IGRed.jpg
    848 x 1148 - 411K
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:
    Great set IG! And now it works as it should! ^_^

And a quick tip for setting up your own light rig when using the individual light props:

Load for example one of the "spot lights", create a new camera set all translation and rotation values of the new camera to 0, parent the spotlight object to the camera. Switch to the new camera view, select the light object and in the parameter tab move it along the Z axis untill it no longer obstracts your view. Now using the usual camera movement shortcuts/icons of the viewport you can place and aim your Area-light like a native spotlight.

Nice tip & glad you like the set Akhbour!

I knew I forgot to talk about something. There is a different (and slightly simpler) way to be able to move, position and 'look through' your individual mesh lights. Each of the individual lights was designed to load up in the exact same position as the DS spot light defaults to. All you need to do is load up a plain old DS spotlight (make sure to turn the intensity down to zero). Load up the individual mesh light and parent the mesh to the spotlight. Now you can switch your view point to the spot light and use the camera controls to move both the spotlight and the mesh light about with the mesh keeping the same facing as the spotlight. You can also set the spot light to 'point at' the Area Light Pointer amd move the pointer around to exactly where you want your light to be centered on.

I had thought about including a set of individual lights parented to spotlights but had thought the spotlight controls (intensity etc) might have been confusing to people unfamiliar with how the area light works. So I decided against it but then I forgot to tell people how to do it in the User Guide :red:

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

I know you've been busy with the release, but is there any projection on finishing a manual for this - especially all the new goodies, like use of the "beauty light". Or did I miss something?

edited December 1969

reelyor said:
    I know you've been busy with the release, but is there any projection on finishing a manual for this - especially all the new goodies, like use of the "beauty light". Or did I miss something?

It's already included in the product installer or you can download in from here: http://db.tt/wp1NguAN

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Like I said - maybe I missed something. :)
    Thanks!!
    These are a ton of fun!

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip IG, it is certainly easier than using a camera!

I should post a picture I guess, but I am still playing with the set. Ok, let's do some real work! ^_-

• edited December 1969

I am having a big problem using any of the IG light sets. When I render Daz says it has encountered a fatal error and has to shut down. If I take the figure and props out of the scene, just leaving the studio and lights it renders fine.

I have tried other lights, uber environment and uber soft and they both work OK.

The fatal error dialouge box says it has to shut down because of an access violation to the 3d Delight render engine.

Does anyone know what I should do to fix this problem as I am becoming so frustrated with having one problem fixed (area light) only to encounter another one. I have been using Daz for nearly two months now and have never been able to do a render uising the IG studio lights.

Thanks in advance

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version number of DS4 are you uisng? Help > About DAZ Studio will give you the number?

Are you using Windows or a Mac?

edited December 1969

Yes, what version are you using? If I'm following this right, you can render with the lights in an empty scene and you can render a scene that includes the lights and one of the Photo Studio props but if you load up a figure and try to render it crashes DS? Is it the same figure? Any figure? what about other props? can you load them and render?

• edited December 1969

What version number of DS4 are you uisng? Help > About DAZ Studio will give you the number?

Are you using Windows or a Mac?

I am using 4.5.0.137 64bit with Windows 7 64bit.

Yes, what version are you using? If I'm following this right, you can render with the lights in an empty scene and you can render a scene that includes the lights and one of the Photo Studio props but if you load up a figure and try to render it crashes DS? Is it the same figure? Any figure? what about other props? can you load them and render?

In the screenshot if I try to render the scene studio crashes, if I hide V5 it still crashes, if i hide everything except the background it will render, if i make V5 visible but not the clothes or props it will crash again. This scene has studio lights 3, I have also tried with studio lights 2 and had the same problem. Haven't tried with other pros or characters yet and will do that now and let you know the results.

Thanks for the replies.

Untitled.jpg
    548 x 527 - 138K
    screenshot.jpg
    798 x 450 - 129K
  • edited December 1969

Update

I cleared the scene and loaded the Genesis base figure and it rendered OK. As soon as I change from the base figure to Basic Male/Female, V5 or M5 studio crashes when I try to render I also tried other props besides clothes and it rendered OK.

So I am wondering if the problem could be with morphs because the base figure renders but characters do not. Just a wild guess on my part.

edited December 1969

bluemoon said:
    Update

I cleared the scene and loaded the Genesis base figure and it rendered OK. As soon as I change from the base figure to Basic Male/Female, V5 or M5 studio crashes when I try to render I also tried other props besides clothes and it rendered OK.

So I am wondering if the problem could be with morphs because the base figure renders but characters do not. Just a wild guess on my part.

Lets see that we have all our bases covered. Did you run the updated Genesis file after installing .137? Are any shaders (besides the basic DS shader) involved on Genesis? If so have they been updated?

If all that seems fine it could be a corrupted installer. I'd re-download .137 & the Genesis update and re-install both. If that doesn't do it I'd say it's bug tracker time. Or you could try the 4.5 thread or the beta thread to see if anyone else is having a similar problem.

• edited December 1969

I did install the new genesis content with studio so I will try what you suggested and redownload studio.

Thanks for the help.

edited December 1969

The beauty and the beast!

Beauty dish as Keylight, softbox as fill light and a spotlight as backlight.

DreamTeam.jpg
    789 x 1058 - 73K