Um...pricing?

BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anyone else notice like all the sale items suddenly switching over to not being on sale anymore in the middle of the friggin day? lol

I had stuff I put in my cart an hour ago and all the prices jumped back to full price.

DAZ is having just major issues right now.

Comments

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

And even stuff that shows that it IS on sale on the actual product page, once you put it into your cart it's full price.

:sigh:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

There was a glitch in which many items which were not supposed to be on sale were put on sale, so I think they turned them all off while they correct things.

edited December 1969

Not all of them. Put this one in your cart and watch it magically turn to full price.

I hope that the items that were on sale previously (like this one) are still on sale after the "glitch".

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cyberpunk-for-m4

• Super NewbSuper Newb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There was a glitch in which many items which were not supposed to be on sale were put on sale, so I think they turned them all off while they correct things.

Why do I always miss the sales that arn't supposed to be sales? It just ain't fair I tell ya'.

edited December 1969

Why do I always miss the sales that arn't supposed to be sales? It just ain't fair I tell ya'.

I know what you mean. Every time the Supersuit Pro Bundle showed up at $33 for me I threw it in the cart. but it always reverted to the correct price.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

I know what you mean. Every time the Supersuit Pro Bundle showed up at $33 for me I threw it in the cart. but it always reverted to the correct price.

I feel this. It's like my glee is being repeatedly ground under a boot.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

BC Rice said:
    Not all of them. Put this one in your cart and watch it magically turn to full price.

I hope that the items that were on sale previously (like this one) are still on sale after the "glitch".

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cyberpunk-for-m4

Doesn't seem that way. From my notes Beautiful Bends V4 (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/beautiful-bends-v4) should be on sale till June 1st, but just when I put it in my cart - BAM, full price.
    Now what to do. Wait and hope they get it fixed before the sale ends (lol) or buy and hope to god I can get a refund for the difference from support, who are probably swamped with tickets atm....

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited December 1969

Yup; I definitely noticed. I put a bunch of things from my wishlist in my cart;. The store was super slow so I took my dogs for a walk; then came back to purchase only to find everthing was back to full price. I getting pretty ired of all the errors I keep encountering; so,I think I'm just going to delete everything and stop buying. At least until DAZ a reliable store again where you can tell what is on sale and for how long.

edited December 1969

lol True that. I just headed over to Renderosity and started buying up stuff as well as nabbing some freebies from ShareCG. DAZ is emotionally crippling me. No joke I spent 2 hours compiling all the stuff I needed to buy today, carefully budgeting, making choices and then -- SMACK!

"Hahaha...you dumb bastard. How's that two wasted hours feel?"

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330
    edited December 1969

Was going to pick up the M5 Pro bundle but it's back to full price. Aiden is showing $1 price tag but once in the cart he's full price. I've got a voucher due to expire in about 2 hours...Is DAZ working feverishly to fix the issue or are these items off sale now since there wasn't a sale price expiration date on things any more? What's going on? Anything? Nothing?

edited December 1969

A couple of the items I was going to purchase have been on sale for awhile, so I think it's just a big glob of glitchy. But who knows when it will be fixed? Could take weeks before the Store is back to functioning properly -- if ever. Nothing's worked since they changed over to Magneto.

Shoulda went with Xavier.

:D

• Fenris9Fenris9 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Just opened my e-mail and came across the Daz3d newsletter dated 31/5/12, I clicked on the 'Fantasy Bath' promo, which took me to this page-

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dms-prompt-fantasy

The page displayed the sale price as $13.27 (reduced from the regular price of $18.95) but when ordered from there, it came up in my cart as the full regular price of $18.95 !?

Since when did Daz new product sale prices last a mere 24hrs? It was 2.45am GMT when I tried to purchase (I'm in the UK), but technically still the 31st May in all the US.

I'm very disappointed to miss this product's lower price, but unfortunately its now too much for my tight budget.

edited December 1969

The sale price will be back -- there was a problem with many products being put on sale which weren't supposed to be, so they had to take everything off sale while they fixed it.

edited December 1969

Was going to pick up the M5 Pro bundle but it's back to full price. Aiden is showing $1 price tag but once in the cart he's full price. I've got a voucher due to expire in about 2 hours...Is DAZ working feverishly to fix the issue or are these items off sale now since there wasn't a sale price expiration date on things any more? What's going on? Anything? Nothing?

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330
    edited December 1969

The 30% coupon that expires on the 31st for the owners of the M4 bundles, I was hoping to use it on the M5 bundle plus my PC voucher as it would put it closer to what I could afford but it doesn't look like it will happen, and both will expire. Why not put the new site on hold and reopen the old site that works properly until this beta site is fit for consumer use.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

What am I missing? I'm confused - $13.27 isn't a sale price for a Daz original that costs $18.95 - that's the normal PC discount pricing, not a sale, right? The fact that every discount says "sale price is really confusing. I'm sure that's on the list of things they're planning to correct.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Doesn’t seem that way. From my notes Beautiful Bends V4 (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/beautiful-bends-v4) should be on sale till June 1st, but just when I put it in my cart - BAM, full price.
    Now what to do. Wait and hope they get it fixed before the sale ends (lol) or buy and hope to god I can get a refund for the difference from support, who are probably swamped with tickets atm….

The store wide sale was a huge whoops that happened somehow. When they stopped that whoops all the PA products went off sale. I know that someone has been contacted about the new releases that have dropped off intro and I am sure that they will be fixing it as soon as they can.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

There was a glitch in which many items which were not supposed to be on sale were put on sale.

Glitch?
    I was hoping it was DAZ's way of saying, "This is our gift to you for your patience." LOL.

• KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I thought that awesome sale was intended to recover the lost sales due to the store change, its end of the month
    and almost all companys have monthly sales goals

Hope they put back a good sale :-) Indeed , if the pricing was wrong it took to them long time to react ( more than half day )

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited December 1969

Maybe so. But first I put things in the cart for a Buy One Get One Free coupon. And the coupon doesn't work so I have to put them back.
    Today I fight a slow and poorly operating store to put some stuff that was marked at 30% off into the cart; only to find that once again DAZ doesn't really mean it. So now I have to move it all back to the wishlist. I'm sorry but I'm tired of playing these games.

• XOTTXOTT Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Then of course way back in history there was once a $1.99 price for Lightwave.....now entered into traditional DAZ folklore like unflatable ponies and air-conditioner gnomes.... ;-)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

The sale price will be back -- there was a problem with many products being put on sale which weren't supposed to be, so they had to take everything off sale while they fixed it.

Darn, so that explains the difference between my evening and morning shopping cart prices. (I was going to squat on some stuff until coupons materialize.) Well, that stuff is on my wishlist anyway, and I'm sure new opportunities arise...

• WindTrancerWindTrancer Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

i would REALLY like to purchase this item SOON, but with the price fluctuating throughout the day, i decided to wait. first it was $18+price,. then it dropped to the $13+ price, and then it even went down to $9 or so. when i put it in my cart at the $9 price, it showed at the $18 price...do hope this gets fixed before the weekend ;)

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

The Visual Style Shaders "sale" was screwed up too. They were on sale for a couple of days before the store change, then off, then on again for about 2 days and now full price. The time it was briefly on sale still isn't the amount of time it was supposed to be. I am irritated. Can they not put the end of sale dates back up? Now, it is out of my budget since I am going for the Supersuit pro bundle. That is, if I get paid in time. So, who knows when that goes off sale too. I, like many people can't just jump right in on a sale. So, knowing the sale duration time is rather important.

edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    The Visual Style Shaders "sale" was screwed up too. They were on sale for a couple of days before the store change, then off, then on again for about 2 days and now full price. The time it was briefly on sale still isn't the amount of time it was supposed to be. I am irritated. Can they not put the end of sale dates back up? Now, it is out of my budget since I am going for the Supersuit pro bundle. That is, if I get paid in time. So, who knows when that goes off sale too. I, like many people can't just jump right in on a sale. So, knowing the sale duration time is rather important.

I imagine the Visual Style Shaders will be put back on sale once the problem with too many things being put on sale is fixed. The Supersuit Sale runs through June 7th.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

XOTT said:

Then of course way back in history there was once a $1.99 price for Lightwave.....now entered into traditional DAZ folklore like unflatable ponies and air-conditioner gnomes.... ;-)

It wasn't on sale for $1.99, but there was a loosely worded announcement and people (Rortiz, where are you?) good-humouredly argued that the $1.99 deals should include LW, which was in the store at the time.

edited December 1969

Merged a couple of threads on this issue.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

XOTT said:

It wasn't on sale for $1.99, but there was a loosely worded announcement and people (Rortiz, where are you?) good-humouredly argued that the $1.99 deals should include LW, which was in the store at the time.

And BUDDLES!!

Don't forget BUDDLES ;)

edited December 1969

Who could possibly forget Buddles?