Infinito Help

Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I seem to have a mouse dead zone when trying to change the gradient on the height map its as though the Left mouse button is dead in the zones marked in red on the screenshot. Though in Texture map mode I can select different textures and use the scroll bar with the left button.

Anyone else have this problem in Version 1.1 for DS 4.5

Thanks for any reply.

Steve.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

same for me

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have not used this item much, but I am now on 4.5.0.137 whcih may be why it works for me.

I go from Terraform to Presets, load an image, and go back to Terraform, and it works OK for me, Win 7 64 bit

Untitled-1.jpg
    546 x 614 - 60K
  • Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

I have not used this item much, but I am now on 4.5.0.137 whcih may be why it works for me.

I go from Terraform to Presets, load an image, and go back to Terraform, and it works OK for me, Win 7 64 bit

Jimmy in your screenshot your on the texture map gradients goto the Height Map and try the Height gradients its just the Height map gradients dont work as you are unable to select them.

Steve.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    same for me

Thanks Bigh hopefully Alex will pop along and see whats happeing.

Steve

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, same for me, what a dope!

Sorry I didn't get the right end of the stick again! Allessandro will be along shortly to tell us what is happening I'm sure. At least we know it doesn't work on 4.5.0.137 either, if that helps any.

edited December 1969

No problem Jimmy I am not very good explaining maybe I should have made a video instead lol...

Thanks for checking I know its not just my end now... :)

Steve.

edited December 1969

Hmm looking through the instruction and the videos I am wondering if its not a problem, but actually turning them off when you go into the height map view Ill have to see what alex says about it but I think thats what happening.

Steve.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hi folks, I could bre mistaken but I guess in the manual it should mention (and apologies if it's not) that those are actually color gradients to be used for texture map production. They are ineffective in height map mode.

Maybe in a future version I should hide those grandients bar in height map mode, so that won't fool anyone...

edited December 1969

Hi folks, I could bre mistaken but I guess in the manual it should mention (and apologies if it's not) that those are actually color gradients to be used for texture map production. They are ineffective in height map mode.

Maybe in a future version I should hide those grandients bar in height map mode, so that won't fool anyone...

Thanks Alex yes after messing with the plugin more today that is what came to me after looking through the manual and watching the videos, so I thought I would post back here to say maybe its not an error.

the way it looks is as if you can put different greyscale gradients to change the way the terrain comes out So yes would be a good Idea to hide them in that mode..lol

Thnaks for clearing it up .... :)

Steve.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Thanks Alex yes after messing with the plugin more today that is what came to me after looking through the manual and watching the videos, so I thought I would post back here to say maybe its not an error.

the way it looks is as if you can put different greyscale gradients to change the way the terrain comes out So yes would be a good Idea to hide them in that mode..lol

Thnaks for clearing it up .... :)

Steve.

Acknowledge! :)

• mosjomosjo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

just noticed this plugin, look great. Since the new hair plugin is on sale, I wonder if Infinito also will be on sale in the near future.

edited December 1969

mosjo said:
    just noticed this plugin, look great. Since the new hair plugin is on sale, I wonder if Infinito also will be on sale in the near future.

It was, IIRC about 2 months ago. I don't think it will enter a new sale soon.