My First Shopping Experience on the New site

booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
edited May 2012 in The Commons

OK. Knowing that anything could happen, I decided to let my first shopping experience here be the new freebie 'Sweet Dreams'. I was already logged in when I clicked the link in the newsletter, which I usually do. The link sent me to a page that asked me if I was Kerry Hobbs. Well, I'm not Kerry, so I said so and re-entered my user info. I got the 'Sweet Dreams' page and clicked the Add to Cart button. The page hiccuped and came back asking me if I was Kerry Hobbs again. It also indicated at the top of the page the 'Sweet Dreams' was now on my (or Kerry's) wishlist. Strange. I told the page I wasn't Kerry again and pushed the Cart button again. Same thing. I went to the wishlist indicated at the top of the page asking me if I'm Kerry and I was sent to my own wishlist. At the top of the list was a nice little green box that told me that 'Sweet Dreams' had been added to my cart and a nice little red box telling me I could only purchase one instance of said product. OK.

After this, I decided to go ahead with the purchasing process just to see what it was like. I opened my cart and made the purchase. Evidently, it's a three step process. The first step being confirming my address (why, I'm not sure since DAZ isn't mailing me anything). Interestingly enough, I seem to have four separate instances of my address listed. Not sure why that would be. All the same address, just four of them. I also found that I had two separate instances of the single credit card I use for this store. Don't like that. I deleted one of them, but I already know from other posts that DAZ keeps my information whether I want them to or not. Not good.

The purchase process continued without further strangeness. I went to my downloads page and had to decide which of the four files I needed to download (I did know about this before hand from forum chatter). I found the file and am downloading it as I type. I have no idea how much longer I will be downloading because i have no idea how large the file is. Having limited bandwidth, I can say I am not happy about that little oversight.

Needless to say, I will not be spending any real money here until the site is ready for primetime.

Yes, I know some folks are going to come and say how great their experience has been with the store. I'm happy for them. Really. My experience doesn't fill me with confidence. No thank you, I'll wait.

Well, there were paragraphs when I typed the thing. They don't seem to have made it. Sorry.

Post edited by booksbydavid on

Comments

• edited December 1969

All I can say is that I am not Jeff Peterson...I have never been Jeff Peterson and I don't intend to become Jeff Peterson. :smirk: Otherwise...once I figured out a way around the wrong name glitch, it went ok getting the Sweet Dreams.

• jcowb1jcowb1 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

I've been getting similar messages when I come to the website as well, but mine have cleared once I log in as myself. I think I have been seven different" Not **************** " so far. Am I getting a split personality?

• edited May 2012

Unicornst said:
    All I can say is that I am not Jeff Peterson...I have never been Jeff Peterson and I don't intend to become Jeff Peterson. :smirk: Otherwise...once I figured out a way around the wrong name glitch, it went ok getting the Sweet Dreams.

Yeah, i'm not that guy either. This new system sucks. Where's the show only pc/mac files option. That nicely colored thing to show which files we were downloading was pretty awesome too. I hate these new forums, And WTF is up with the multiple page BS on/for my wishlist. I don't need to know how many items are siting there collecting dust until I can afford them.

Post edited by lunarflames_b5182b640d on
  • edited December 1969

I do agree the option to have only the files you need (PC or MAC) would be greatly appreciated if put back in place. As for the wishlist thing...I just ignore it. I know I have things in it. When I win the lottery, I'll clear it out. :lol: I do like the new smileys in here, though.

edited December 1969

Yes I find having the mac and Pc files listed a bit confusing.It taxes my little brain to have to read carefully to find out which is which(Taxes it quite a lot actually). It was much easier when we had a little button to get rid of the mac files.I have wasted quite a bit of download time because of the mac files.http://www.daz3d.com/forums/smileys/#

edited December 1969

Ps
    How do I get to use the Smileys? I have tried several times but still not ended up with one. It all gets too much for old brain matter to cope with.

• edited December 1969

And the print is very tiny on that page (as well as this one). As for the smileys...when you use "Fast Reply", click on the blue smileys word right above and another window opens. Click on the smiley you want and there it is. :cheese: I haven't used the "Post Reply" yet.

• edited December 1969

:P :coolsmile: Same thing only the blue smiley word is over to the side. And in Post Reply, you can "bold" it or "ital" or "underline" and all that other fun stuff. Even preview to make sure you typed it correctly (which I so sorely need at times). :red:

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I had funny things happening trying to buy that too.
    First it didn't add to my cart - no matter what I did.
    Then I looked at my whishlist - lo and behold, there is something in my cart.
    Going there, trying to check out.
    Seeing my adress (only one in my case) - click next.
    Seeing my adress again - click next.
    Seeing my adress again - click next - wow! After so many tries I was able to do step 2 and 3 ...
    Doesn't make me want to buy something for actual money, to tell the truth.
    Maybe they take my money 6 times?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    edited May 2012

well i log in and it gets me right
    but when i try to access my account iy asks me to log in again
    ad infinitum
    i can access my wishlist though
    but i cannot put anything in my cart

i would like to access my account to download things i have bought
    i would also like to delete my credit card information
    which i no longer believe to be safe
    what a balls up daz :(:roll:

oh when i try to contact support iy asks me to log in

gah

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited December 1969

and now after making that post, suddenly i can access my account double gah

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

My first attempt to buy a product - this weeks freebie Sweet Dreams.

Clicked the add to cart button - the page refreshed but nothing in cart. I remembered reading that it takes a while so I opened another tab & started to browse the forums.
    A couple of minutes later I went back, still nothing clicked add to car t- the page refreshed but nothing in cart.
    Repeated procedure a dozen times until eventually (after half an hour) I got a message saying it was added to cart.
    Checked my cart & it is in there along with anothe 5 copies.
    Clicked on the remove item button for the bottom one - waited - cart refreshed - still 6 items in cart
    Repeated process another 3 times & get message saying item ADDED to cart - now 9 items in basket.
    Repeat process another 8 times - now only 1 item in cart.
    Go to checkout - confirm address - payment not required - place order.
    Order not found???

Three quarters of an hour wasted trying to 'buy' a free product - not impressed with the new store.

edited May 2012

books by david wroteth

Well, there were paragraphs when I typed the thing. They don’t seem to have made it. Sorry.

its easy to add paragraphs you just type amy old crap and make the text white
    its easy to add paragraphs you just type amy old crap and make the text white its easy to add paragraphs you just type amy old crap and make the text white

see? easy, but they don't have white?

its easy to add paragraphs you just type amy old crap and make the text white its easy to add paragraphs you just type amy old crap and make the text white

so you choose pink and chanege the code
    and t hat gives yu a paragraph
    sorry still have only onr arm ") the other is at the mecghanics getting lubed up

heh,
    of course daxz realises we all have unlimited time to try and by things from them
    did you read the terms od endearment btw?

Please note that as a private entity the DAZ 3D forums do not give a promise of freedom of speech.

I likehow they are upfront

sorry tring to get my post counrt up to 10 :)

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited December 1969

Or just

return space return

It's quicker.

edited December 1969

oh good :)

edited May 2012

You're welcome.:)

Update - got an email confirming my order (the one it lost) - checked my account & it's listed in the recent orders as 'processing_auth' (whatever that means) & pending in my available downloads.

Just as well my first order was for a free item - if I had tried to actually buy something & got the order not found message, I would have thought that my order had timed out & tried again. I would have ended up buying something twice (or more) & then had to get my money back

edit: strange - the return space return didn't work for the original post

But it works when I edit it

Post edited by aldemps_65d152c25f on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Most all of the issues that have been mentioned so far have been reported before.

This is the Official thread for reporting website issues http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/123/

BTW this morning I was asked if I wasn't William someone, and with my blurry early morning eyes I read it as William Shatner, and told the site to "Beam me up Scottie" and it seems to have worked. :coolsmirk:

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Most all of the issues that have been mentioned so far have been reported before.

This is the Official thread for reporting website issues http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/123/

BTW this morning I was asked if I wasn't William someone, and with my blurry early morning eyes I read it as William Shatner, and told the site to "Beam me up Scottie" and it seems to have worked. :coolsmirk:

Being called Wiliam Shatner would be the pit ... ;-)

• edited May 2012

I'm having a few issues:
    -the WishList displayed along the side of some screens is NOT my Wish List
    -the Wish List no longer displays when prices have changed, I have to manual scroll through them all to find any changes

So far I'm not particularly happy with the changed site.

Post edited by jaycadiramen_a7c90a0d2f on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,198
    edited December 1969

If you get weird logged in/logged out issues, log out of a page where you are logged in and then log in. That usually fixes it. I would advise actually logging out when done, rather than leaving yourself logged in, as that seems to reduce the chance of problems (though I still get the odd oddity).

• edited December 1969

I also was Jeff Peterson this morning.
    I logged on, (as myself) and added Sweet Dreams to my cart. Then I went through the purchase process. When I reached the final step it timed out. The item was gone from the cart. I added it again. I got an error message that the item does not exist. I logged in again, found the item, added it to the cart, tried to check out, and it timed out again. The third time, I was finally able to purchase it, although it sat loading the final purchase step for almost five minutes.
    Very frustrating.

Cynthia

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 603
    edited December 1969

I tried to buy a couple of items (with PayPal) and when I was sent back to DAZ to confirm the order and payment, I got an error message. I will try later but not today...

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    books by david wroteth
    Well, there were paragraphs when I typed the thing. They don’t seem to have made it. Sorry.

see? easy, but they don't have white?

so you choose pink and chanege the code
    and t hat gives yu a paragraph
    sorry still have only onr arm ") the other is at the mecghanics getting lubed up

heh,
    of course daxz realises we all have unlimited time to try and by things from them
    did you read the terms od endearment btw?

Please note that as a private entity the DAZ 3D forums do not give a promise of freedom of speech.

I likehow they are upfront

sorry tring to get my post counrt up to 10 :)

Couldn't decide which part to laugh at, so I'm laughing at all of it.:lol: I think that's a laugh. The smiley list doesn't tell me.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

All I want to know is does the DAZ site work on the Enterprise computers? I'd fight all the Romulans and Klingons in the universe for that.:lol:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It's worse than that...............

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Oh, nooooo!!!!!!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Oh, nooooo!!!!!!
    "It's soon Jim, but not as we know it"? ;)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,198
    edited December 1969

It's worse than that, he's rendered.

edited December 1969

It's worse than that, he's rendered.

:ohh: OMG!!! Not that!!

• krytenkryten Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Unicornst said:
    I do agree the option to have only the files you need (PC or MAC) would be greatly appreciated if put back in place. As for the wishlist thing...I just ignore it. I know I have things in it. When I win the lottery, I'll clear it out. :lol: I do like the new smileys in here, though.

This is high on my list too - I purchased the super suit pro and have 200 files to go through. I definitely want to hide the mac files.

Also, the color of the links used to change to know what you have already downloaded, now the only way is to refresh the screen and look at the remaining download count.