Wouldn't It Be Nice If SmartProps Worked With More Than Just One Figure...

1235»

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

I will try to do it and hoping that I will get some help i needed. I have orc made by Sixus1 and will try it with some other figure probably Genesis1. I have downloaded version from Renderosity, but now really need to make it work :D

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2016

Poser SmartPlus Prop Helper Scripts Rel3 Ver1

ShareCG: Poser SmartPlus Prop Helper Scripts Rel3 Ver1

An interim version of the Poser Smart+ prop helper scripts for anybody who wants to give them a try.

They're basically the Release 3 Beta scripts modified to create the PROPER (post-beta) release 3 dataline format used by the Release 3 Core stuff.

I've also added an 'Info' script that simply displays an overview of the procedure, and I've added scripts for the purely manual steps (2 and 4) that simply display some reminders about what to do at that step.

N.B. Props with Scale and/or any of x/y/zScale NOT set to 100% will usually prevent this procedure from working. Simply setting  all scale values to 100% at the start of the procedure MIGHT get round the problem - I need to do some more tests...

promo.jpg
    323 x 342 - 41K
    poser.jpg
    709 x 562 - 293K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited March 2016

hey 3dc

i took out some old ones here

in shiny new iray render

Raffa smoking 02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Raffa smoking 03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Ruphuss on
    edited March 2016

Ruphuss: I'd guess that's 3-d-c's Smoking V4 - Cigarette SmartProp from ShareCG ?

Thanks for the renders - but I should probably point out that 3-d-c and 3dcheapskate are different (and unrelated) creatures..  laugh

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

i think this is not the first time this confusion happens ?

edited March 2016

That's true... but as long as 3-d-c doesn't mind then I don't mind  wink

(It's probably because I give my freebies sequential numbers 3DC001, 3DC002, etc and use that number in the ZIP and readme title. I started doing this six years ago before I discovered 3-d-c's stuff, even though he had freebies at ShareCG at least a year before that!)

Currently working on updating the Poser SmartPlus Prop Helper Scripts in preparation for a Rel3 Ver2. The updated procedure automatically removes any unneccesary bits from the end of the poserInternalName and poserExternalName fields (that's already done in my development version) and will automatically write the dataline to the SmartPlusData.txt file (nearly done), checking to see whether there's already a dataline for the prop and filling in any missing data if required (i.e. if there's a dataline created using the DAZ Studio version of the procedure).

I'm keeping this 29th March post in the "Smart+/PropGoto+ HANDPROXYDATA list" thread up to date with my progress for anybody who's interested.I'

edited September 2020

Seems it's been four years since I did anything on this - how time flies when you're having fun* !

I recently reinstalled Poser on my main Windows system, but this time I installed it onto the C: drive,which I've never done before. It took me a while to realize that my Smart+ script no longer ran to completion.

I've just discovered that it's one of those darn Windows UAC (User Authorization Crap) problems. The Poser Smart+ script writes a temporary pose file (to get around a Poser bug - "An old problem with parenting props is still here in Poser 10" ) to somewhere under the Poser installation folder, which was never a problem when I had Poser installed on a non C: drive. However, with Poser installed on the C:drive the script doesn't have permission to write to this folder and crashes (or dies quietly, I can't recall which).

The fix is simple - rather than writing the temporary file to somewhere under the Poser installation, I write it to the temp folder under the user account (somewhere like 'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Poser Pro\10'). So I use poser.TempLocation() rather than poser.AppLocation(). Stupid mistake I know, but that's me !

I'll probably be uploading Poser release 4 to ShareCG, but I'm in a rather "who gives a ****" mood this year,so no promises ! cheeky

And nobody mentioned anything about the Poser script crashing/dying ? I suppose that says something about how many people are actually using this absolutely wonderful little script... wink

N.B.This only relates to the Poser version of the script

*I always** have fun.It's far better than not having fun.

**Even when having a "who gives a ****" year