Freebie Dial Spun Character - Suka for Genesis

ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
edited November 2012 in Freebies

Had started this a while ago and am just now coming back to it. This is a dial spun morph using SickleYield's Genesis conversion of DieTrying's morph set. Will be testing it a few times before uploading it. The preset is in Daz 4.5 file format and only has the morph (hair, skin texture, and clothes separate).

This is my first freebie release so crossing my fingers that things go well:
http://www.ShareCG.com/v/64726/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Suka-for-Genesis

Post edited by ZamuelNow on

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Cool, can't wait to download her.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

HELL, Yeah. A beautiful woman with CURVES!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Looking good. Be sure to create a 4.0 compatible version.

• cedarwolfcedarwolf Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Looks like my daughter-in-law! Can't wait.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

I don't immediately know how. New at this plus I have 4.5 installed on my machine. A 4.0 version would be vastly better due to being more versatile. However, releasing this as is for the moment. Let me know if you catch any bugs or oddities.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

I don't immediately know how. New at this plus I have 4.5 installed on my machine. A 4.0 version would be vastly better due to being more versatile. However, releasing this as is for the moment. Let me know if you catch any bugs or oddities.Talk to Takeo.Kensei he can do the conversion for you. He did the 4.5 to 4.0 conversion for Amy Aimei for her character morph for Genesis. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6752/

edited December 1969

An interesting discovery of sorts was that someone noted that they changed the file type from .duf to .dsf and it worked for 4.0. I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone but it might be something to try.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    An interesting discovery of sorts was that someone noted that they changed the file type from .duf to .dsf and it worked for 4.0. I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone but it might be something to try.

Well I tried that. Then I ran the file through 7zip so maybe I could read it. That worked. Then could also edit the file so it would look for the changed extension. Apparently D/S4.0 doesn't cope well with missing files, the X doesn't work and one has to use the Task Manager to close the program. As far as I can tell, one must have the Evolution morphs also, for this to work.

edited December 1969

As far as I can tell, one must have the Evolution morphs also, for this to work.

I need to double check things because I tried to make sure it didn't use the Evolution morphs so this could explicitly be a fully free preset. There might have been some accidental leftover from when I originally started working on it. Which morph changes did it mention? I know from when I use morph that's missing A4 or G4 parts it usually mentions what it is in a Skip/Ignore popup. That way I can edit the file and re upload.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

It's referencing two of the Evolution head morphs.

Could not resolve : "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMNostrilsHeight.dsf"
    Could not resolve : "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMForeheadDefine.dsf"

edited December 1969

Thanks. Not sure if it'll be tonight but I should have the fix uploaded by the end of the week.

edited December 1969

I've made the fix but I'm having a hard time finding an option for reuploading the file as opposed to uploading a new one. I can see how to edit the text but the file upload only mentions that "(Uploading a new file replaces the current one)"

edited December 1969

Fixed and uploaded. Thanks to wilmap for the directions on reuploading and thanks to everyone else for spotting the Evolution morphs.

I'm curious, would anyone be interested in more of these? Been fiddling around with a few more.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Looks great - thanks !!

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

You Inspire me Zamuel!

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11987/
    From now on, all updates will be a singular thread. However, for those who had this thread subscribed, just giving an update that the preset now has options to load just the head or body, plus it should no longer be trying to call unneeded morphs.