V4 clothing to Genesis V4.5.0.114 64bit

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am trying to move V4 clothing made for Victoria4 to Genesis. I am crashing Daz Studio everytime I try to do it. I have tried adding smoothing morph to the clothing, but no matter how many collisions or iterations I try. The cloth does not conform. I have also tried to convert the prop to a figure with triax weighting. That seems to work to a point, but then when I try to use the transfer utility, choosing genesis as source and the type as clone victoria4 and clothing as target with the reverse source shape from target, the program blows up. I hope someone can comment on what I am doing wrong. I did save the error file dump, if anyone is interested

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

That is what the Autofit tool was designed for. Select Genesis in the Scene tab, and double click on the item in the Content Library to load it. The Autofit dialogue will then pop up, select V4 as the donating figure, and then the clothing type. Ahtofit will do the rest.

• edited December 1969

I wish your solution would work, but even though the autofit plugin is installed and loaded, it does not show up by double clicking on the clothing item. I wish it would. This is why I have been trying to manually accomplish what should have been automatic.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi ethorson99...

If the Auto-Fit dialog doesn't automatically start when adding a clothing item from the Content Library, then select the clothing item in the scene tab and then in the Parameters tab change Fit-To to Genesis. This will launch Auto-Fit.

If not, then check to see that the Auto-Fit plugin is enabled Help>About Installed Plug-ins, should have a green plug.

Hope this helps... :)

• edited December 1969

The AutoFit Plugin shows status green in the installed plugin's dialog box. I have tried your solution by selecting the clothing item in the scene tab, then selectin Autofit to Genesis in the Misc tab under the parameters tab. The clothing was moved a little on the genesis figure but did not conform to it. Thanks for the sugession.

edited December 1969

Hi...

Did the Auto-Fit dialog come up at all when you Fit-To the clothing to Genesis in the parameters tab?

What is the V4 item that you are trying to use?

• edited December 1969

I am trying to autofit Jeans SuspendersV4. The Auto-fit dialog box did not come up. That is why I am trying other means (see prev posts).
    Thanks for your interest

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Simple Question. Does Autofit work at all on your PC? Will other V4 items Autofit?

• edited December 1969

Yes, it works for Victoria 4 basic wear.

edited December 1969

Hi...

So then is the Jeans SuspendersV4 the only clothing item that Auto-Fit is not working on then?

If so, then I suspect that it may be something about that item and may also be the reason why the Transfer Utility freaks out on it also.
    There have been cases of some Gen4 items just refusing to work with Auto-Fit or the Transfer Utility.

I don't have this item, so unfortunately I can't test it. Sorry :down:

edited December 1969

The reason that it doesn't work with Autofit is because that item is Dynamic Clothing, and you need to use the Dynamic Clothing Control to work with it. Autofit ONLY works with conforming clothing.

edited December 1969

I didn't even consider that it could be a Daz Dynamic clothing item, great catch JimmyC :cheese:

edited December 1969

It didn't sound like any Dynamic Clothing that I remembered either, but I just looked in the Store on the off-chance. Lucky guess :)