Still nothing in the Content Library ?

13»

Comments

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It may be the quickest way really, I just don't understand what is happening with your computer, I really don't.

I admot I am no teccy but have beeen using computers for a good many years without any problems, but I have never had problems like this, it is weird. Something is not right, somewhere down the line. A tech guy may be the answer.

Same for me too. It does look as though it's a media file or something that could be viewed on video or Youtube though how it got there I've no idea so it's probably the culprit I would have thought ? Thanks anyway for your help it's much appreciated....

edited December 1969

Double click on the very bottom file that begin 'geometry_' to enter the folder itself, and see what is in there.

You may be able to delete all the contents from that folder. It looks like you can't rename the folder either?

Where are these folders located? Are they in the Documnets area, or Program Files area. It looks like folders that you have created yourself, and they would not interfere with any installation of the main app anyway.

Double and single clicking on it but still nothing happens, whilst right clicking produces the white message panel in the earlier pic. the one that made me think it was a media file or similar. It's in My Computer Local Disk (C:) as in the pic.... I'm also wondering if it would affect a new download as well ?

Location_of_error_file.JPG
    757 x 829 - 64K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes it would, that would be the Real main Content folder when you install the content again. Whatever has happened to it or in that folder looks to be the whole problem to me. You should be able to just delete that folder without any problems. You either have some kind of System Error effecting that folder or it might be written to a Bad sector of the Hard Drive.

I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about DAZ 3D with that on your system. I suggest you have your PC checked by a PRO. If your Hard Drive is failing it is better to know now than after you Lose everything.

I'm sorry but there is nothing more I can do at this point.

Jeff.

edited December 1969

Thanks Jeff all ok now, see Recycle Bin pic.

Finally got rid of it I hope (!) about an hour ago thanks to a small bit of free software called "Unlocker" I found via Google which overrides and unlocks/ frees files from Windows Explorer's exe apparently well known and irritating habit of sometimes automatically them locking up. It makes interesting reading and is well worth noting for the future....

My guess however is I think that the original problem might have been the chain of links running downwards and across the page had reached the end of its length - if that's possible ? Because after I'd removed 3 or 4 of the higher up files with "Unlocker" I then found I was able to get into the old faulty Geometries one at the very bottom and start removing still more files from inside which I couldn't do previously. Then once a few had gone it was back to the normal deleting of unwanted files as usual.

For what it's worth it's a useful free piece of software I shall be keeping handy though trying to get rid of the usual unwanted toolbars afterwards is the usual pain !

Ok to start downloading as per your previous list next ?

Thanks indeed for all the help everyone !! :)

Marcus

http://download.cnet.com/Unlocker/3000-2248_4-10493998.html

Recycle_bin.JPG
    1591 x 819 - 269K
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Were You Able the get rid of ALL the folders that said DAZ anything? If you have Just follow that Install Tutorial I made for you.

Once You do that. Just ask and I'll show you how to install all your other content with out causing errors.

But First we need Daz Studio Running and Finding The Default stuff. Please remember to Write down those Paths and make a note of the one this is the Content path.

Jeff.

edited December 1969

Did another full Search this time all clear, and all gone in Explorer's files as per pic....

Thanks but start tomorrow as I've been at this nearly all day.

Final_error_pic._.JPG
    1565 x 1027 - 116K
    edited September 2012

Carried out your Tutorial exactly word for word though I left out my name as it's always come up as "Owner" as it's only me no-one else.

However whilst I left the Customize "Daz Content Management Service" Installation box unticked as per your red warning, an error message (see pic) then appeared saying the installation of it had encountered an error - contact Support. By which time I assumed it had already loaded DS 4. so having got that far decided to load Genesis as well.

Nothing in Add/Remove programmes about Content Management however everything seems to be in place in the Content Library....

New_installation_1.JPG
    944 x 943 - 105K
    New_installation_2.JPG
    1040 x 619 - 74K
    New_installation_3.JPG
    1449 x 916 - 84K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited December 1969

Just found a Content Management Service folder....

New_installation_4.JPG
    1055 x 827 - 153K
    edited December 1969

Let me guess, smart content is empty.

edited December 1969

I'm talking with others about the CMS thing. I'll know more later.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Let me guess, smart content is empty.

Hardly ever used it but correct....

edited December 1969

I just talked to the ones who know. No Idea why your CMS crashed on install. But DS is 100% usable without it. If you can use Content Library it's all you need (It's all I use that smart stuff I don't understand any way). Okay you have DS up, you have content, and we now have the proper path for all your DS installers. Are you good or will you need more from here?

edited September 2012

I just noticed some thing. Try this path for me In DS Content Library>DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>People>Genesis and lets see what you get.

Edit proper path now.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    I just noticed some thing. Try this path for me In DS Content Library>DAZ Studio Formats>My Library>People>Genesis and lets see what you get.

Edit proper path now.

Before I forget I've never really known where to enter V4 and all the new items I've bought ! :red:

New_installation_5.JPG
    960 x 615 - 46K
    edited December 1969

NOT Geometries My Library the one with the > by it.

All your Content goes into that Content path I told you to write down. It will install properly with just that one PATH.

edited December 1969

Before I forget I've never really known where to enter V4 and all the new items I've bought ! :red:

Wouldn't CMS sort this automatically if allowed ?

edited September 2012

Nope the CMS only Deals with Smart Content and makes a database if you use the Catagory thing in DS. The old files like V4 do not have Smart content so it would do nothing to help.

Your Install path for ALL your Content. is C:\Documents and Settings\Daz3D\My Library
    just like it showed at install time.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    NOT Geometries My Library the one with the > by it.

All your Content goes into that Content path I told you to write down. It will install properly with just that one PATH.

Oh yes forgot....

New_installation_6.JPG
    801 x 715 - 48K
    edited December 1969

Okay, See that Little Square with the down arrow and lines in the corner? Click it, it is a menu it probably says at the top View As List. Chang that to say View as Tree. I think you might like that better.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Nope the CMS only Deals with Smart Content and makes a database if you use the Catagory thing in DS. The old files like V4 do not have Smart content so it would do nothing to help.

I have to use V4 because nearly all of the stuff I've bought was quite old and only intended for it, so does this automatically mean none will work with Genesis ?

edited December 1969

Before you go installing new stuff test that DS is working. Cloth a genesis and render it. Test before moveing on.

edited December 1969

Marcuse said:
    Jaderail said:

I have to use V4 because nearly all of the stuff I've bought was quite old and only intended for it, so does this automatically mean none will work with Genesis ?Nope We can use V4 stuff on genesis, It just has to be done properly. Lets test the default stuff first Okay?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay, See that Little Square with the down arrow and lines in the corner? Click it, it is a menu it probably says at the top View As List. Chang that to say View as Tree. I think you might like that better.

Definitely I always did prefer it. Thank goodness I'm back in familiar territory now with all the sliders and so on....

So nearly there I think ? If so can't wait !! :)

edited December 1969

I think your almost there. Just keep that install Path handy. Use it for ALL Installers. Now when it comes to Zip files I might need to teach you some more stuff.

I have company right now so I'll beg off on that until later.

edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    Before you go installing new stuff test that DS is working. Cloth a genesis and render it. Test before moveing on.

Yes good point will do. While I think of it is all the left hand side Smart Content etc. designed for beginners only ?
    No idea about Rendering that will have to wait I think....

edited December 1969

Change your Lay out Window>Work Space>Select Layout . Pick the one you like best.

edited December 1969

No idea about Rendering that will have to wait a bit I think….

Very many thanks again Jeff and everyone much appreciated !! :)

edited December 1969

Very much welcome. Now go have some fun.