Where can I find free Bryce stuff

tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I have spent hours looking on the internet for bryce stuff to add in to Bryce but I keep getting false links and stuff

Are there any docs with Bryce stuff links out there?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Well there are some links in the old forum archive here http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewforum.php?f=49

You could also go to renderossity freestuff and search under Bryce. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?section_id=2

ShareCg also have quite a bit of Bryce stuff, but it is not quite so easy to get a search working there.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

In one of your other threads, you were given a link to a cabin/house....the person who posted that item one ShareCG has a large number of items available. Click on the Gallery link under his name (on ShareCG) and you'll get pages and pages of stuff...most of it being for Bryce.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,115
    edited December 1969

@tdrd - you don't have to look specific for Bryce content. Bryce can import a lot of different models, you can also use SketchUp stuff from the Google Warehouse.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Don't forget the materials exchange at www.bryce5.com

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

All excellent suggestions, another one I would highly recommend is the site of Thandaluz -- Brycetopia just click on free stuff and you can download all of the objects, materials & skies he uses for his amazing renders. It can also be found in the renderosity free section, but going directly to his site is easier.

Also don't forget that bryce can use any model in obj/mtl or even 3ds format directly so that opens up TONS of other options for you, and with PoseRay you can even convert several other formats for bryce to use as well including lightwave.

edited September 2012

And bearing in mind the fact that you can indeed use other content, we do try and keep some sort of records of freebie offerings over in the General Freepository.

List of Freebie Websites

Lists of specific Freebies

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Even with all of the above options, let us not forget the Daz Studio <--> Bryce bridge which opens up even more content to be used in your scenes! Don't have D|S? Might as well grab it since the latest Pro version is still free even if all you do is use it to bridge over content.</p>

Bryce continues to be an amazing program. I just wish Daz would finally get around to updating it to a full 64-bit program, but I am sure there are a lot of technical issues making that a difficult prospect.

edited December 1969

Even with all of the above options, let us not forget the Daz Studio <--> Bryce bridge which opens up even more content to be used in your scenes! Don't have D|S? Might as well grab it since the latest Pro version is still free even if all you do is use it to bridge over content.</p>

Bryce continues to be an amazing program. I just wish Daz would finally get around to updating it to a full 64-bit program, but I am sure there are a lot of technical issues making that a difficult prospect.

Unfortunately, that seems to be true. But time will tell.

Excellent remark about Studio content. This is indeed a huge repository of content - not free, but fairly priced.

edited December 1969

Fairly priced indeed! I remember back when a single 3d model would cost you several hundred if not thousands. Anyone remember Zygote models? I started with Bryce3d which was IIRC the first version of bryce that was windows compatible. I had seen lots of stuff done with bryce previously which made me very jealous of all the Mac users out there and I was thrilled when they finally decided to port it over to windows.

In fact, didn't Bryce start out as a photoshop plug-in? I seem to remember it being part of Kai's stuff before it got separated into a stand alone app.

edited December 1969

Bryce 2 was first one for PC. Bryce 3 (It moves) added animation.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

All excellent suggestions, another one I would highly recommend is the site of Thandaluz -- Brycetopia just click on free stuff and you can download all of the objects, materials & skies he uses for his amazing renders. It can also be found in the renderosity free section, but going directly to his site is easier.

Also don't forget that bryce can use any model in obj/mtl or even 3ds format directly so that opens up TONS of other options for you, and with PoseRay you can even convert several other formats for bryce to use as well including lightwave.

Thanks for the link to Brycetopia but just so others know, a bunch of the free content links are broken, not all but maybe about a third of them are.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the link to Brycetopia but just so others know, a bunch of the free content links are broken, not all but maybe about a third of them are.

Yes, sadly, over the years many things have disappeared from the internet but I guess that is to be expected.

edited December 1969

Yes, sadly, over the years many things have disappeared from the internet but I guess that is to be expected.

Well all that's really need to restore the site to it's full glory is for the site owner/creator to fix the broken links. I mean it all looks to be his creation so it should just be a matter of reuploading the broken items and updating the links if necessay.

edited December 1969

Well all that's really need to restore the site to it's full glory is for the site owner/creator to fix the broken links. I mean it all looks to be his creation so it should just be a matter of reuploading the broken items and updating the links if necessay.

Argh - maintenance of web links is tedious. I may also have some dead ones. I'm always glad if they get reported.

edited December 1969

Yeah, tell me about it, The times I have regretted taking over resposibility for the list of lists of links. I am alwaysthe one gets moaned at for broken links, even if someone else made the lists.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

In fact, didn't Bryce start out as a photoshop plug-in? I seem to remember it being part of Kai's stuff before it got separated into a stand alone app.

Kai's Power Tools for Photoshop were a great set of plug-ins (many of the features in them eventually became part of the Photoshop application but without that individual Kai intuitive and innovative control interface), but Bryce was never a Plug in, it was always a stand alone app.
    Eventually when I get around to clearing up a load of stuff I'll set up and fire up the 20 year old Mac IICX I have packed away, which if I remember correctly has one of the very early (if not the first) version of Bryce loaded on it. :)
    edited December 1969

A little birdie did tell me once that there was a very early beta (may even have been alpha) that worked on one of the early computers, before it was released for the Mac

edited December 1969

Horo said:

Argh - maintenance of web links is tedious. I may also have some dead ones. I'm always glad if they get reported.

I was at your site not too long ago (couple of weeks or so) and I didn't notice any dead links, at least not for the content you shared. At Brycetopia the dead links was to his own content and what's even stranger is some worked some didn't. If the content was hosted somewhere seperate from his site one would expect all the links to be dead because maybe the host changed a domain name or something. I'm not sure what happened with Brycetopia but it's disappointing because the missing files are important to what the site trys to share with people.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yeah, tell me about it, The times I have regretted taking over resposibility for the list of lists of links. I am alwaysthe one gets moaned at for broken links, even if someone else made the lists.

Well whack them a good one with that club of yours and really give them a reason to moan. :)

edited December 1969

Kai's Power Tools for Photoshop were a great set of plug-ins (many of the features in them eventually became part of the Photoshop application but without that individual Kai intuitive and innovative control interface), but Bryce was never a Plug in, it was always a stand alone app.
    The Kay's Power Tools (KPT) that came with Bryce 4 do still work in 7.1. I have them copied over from Bryce 4. This landscape http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=4798 was made with them.
    edited December 1969

Oh thanks Horo, now you have me looking for my old Br4 install disc. I have KPT power tools as a standalone version which I can use in Photoshop, but forgot it also came with Br4.

edited December 1969

Well, I see some good news about Brycetopia, while he has been away due to health issues, he is back now and he has been correcting the broken links there so everything should once again be available!

@Horo, dang now I'm going to have to go dig up my Bryce 4 disc(s) so I can track down that set of filters myself!

edited September 2012

Well, I see some good news about Brycetopia, while he has been away due to health issues, he is back now and he has been correcting the broken links there so everything should once again be available!

@Horo, dang now I'm going to have to go dig up my Bryce 4 disc(s) so I can track down that set of filters myself!

Thanks for the update on Brycetopia.

Edit: Just to confirm I went back and checked and indeed all the links for Brycetopia that were broken are now fixed. The only links still not working are the other items in the free section beneath the link for the Brycetopia section. Specifically one for a Facade and one for a bridge. Those aren't needed for Brycetopia though.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/free-3d-models-and-content?limit=60

There are a few Bryce specific collections in here too ;-)