Two questions for Hexagon. Domes and Grid adjustment

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Question 1: Is there a way I can make the reference grid bigger? I am trying to make something about 50' wide and do not want to have to deal with figuring out scaling issues later on. I'd rather just make it 1:1. Is there a way to increase the reference grid's size to accommodate that? Currently the Sphere I have is just engulfing it at that size.

Question 2: How do I make a dome? Is there a way to cut up a sphere? I guess the real question is how do I cut objects.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Question 1: Is there a way I can make the reference grid bigger? I am trying to make something about 50' wide and do not want to have to deal with figuring out scaling issues later on. I'd rather just make it 1:1. Is there a way to increase the reference grid's size to accommodate that? Currently the Sphere I have is just engulfing it at that size.

Question 2: How do I make a dome? Is there a way to cut up a sphere? I guess the real question is how do I cut objects.

You cannot resize any of the grid planes in Hexagon, but there is nothing to stop you from using a Plane Primitive, and adding a texture to it. It can then be any size and ratio that you need.

To cut a sphere in half, select all the faces on one half and delete them. There are several kinds of spheres in Hex taht you can use, then scale them up to a size that is useful to you, or send via the bridge to DS4P.

• ds-mail_2e0cb9c256ds-mail_2e0cb9c256 Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

"You cannot resize any of the grid planes in Hexagon,"

Please look at user prefs, UI, grid and adjust as you see fit for your use

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

You can also adjust the units you want to use under properties.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    You can also adjust the units you want to use under properties.

I had forgotten about that, thanks.