Posermocap Swordplay aniblocks now available for M4/V4/Genesis and PA Sale! [Commercial]

ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
edited December 1969 in The Commons

We are incredibly thrilled to announce that our Swordplay Motion Capture set, Volume 1, is now available at Daz3d. This collection of motion capture animations is the biggest and most complex pack of motion capture data we have ever released.

This set actually allows you to build your own Swordfight by blending together the animated poses any way that you want in as long of a fight as you want.

Each pose is paired into attacker and defender poses and you can string them together any way that you want. Each pose comes in PZ2 format as well as AniBlocks, so you can really leverage the power in GoFigure's AniMate plugin for Daz|Studio. The PZ2 files will work in Poser.

Poses are available for M4, V4, and Genesis -- and get this, you can pit different characters against each other. Have M4 fight V4, or V4 fight Genesis, or Genesis fight M4 -- the possible swordfights combinations are immense!

Here's a video showing M4 and V4 fighting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Xl_9Mjs2I

Here's a fight between M4 and M4 skeleton showing how the poses can be combined:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmVItanwrg

And finally, here's a video showing how poses can be combined -- and then recombined to make completely different swordfights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2BxtxEma1c

As part of our celebration with Swordplay's release, it and all packs in our store are part of the PA sale -- so that means that everything in our store is at 50% off. If you have been thinking of trying some animation with Daz or Poser, now's the time to dive in!

Buy the pack now in the store: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/swordplay-volume-one

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

We are incredibly thrilled to announce that our Swordplay Motion Capture set, Volume 1, is now available at Daz3d. This collection of motion capture animations is the biggest and most complex pack of motion capture data we have ever released.

This set actually allows you to build your own Swordfight by blending together the animated poses any way that you want in as long of a fight as you want.

Each pose is paired into attacker and defender poses and you can string them together any way that you want. Each pose comes in PZ2 format as well as AniBlocks, so you can really leverage the power in GoFigure's AniMate plugin for Daz|Studio. The PZ2 files will work in Poser.

Poses are available for M4, V4, and Genesis -- and get this, you can pit different characters against each other. Have M4 fight V4, or V4 fight Genesis, or Genesis fight M4 -- the possible swordfights combinations are immense!

Here's a video showing M4 and V4 fighting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Xl_9Mjs2I

Here's a fight between M4 and M4 skeleton showing how the poses can be combined:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmVItanwrg

And finally, here's a video showing how poses can be combined -- and then recombined to make completely different swordfights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2BxtxEma1c

As part of our celebration with Swordplay's release, it and all packs in our store are part of the PA sale -- so that means that everything in our store is at 50% off. If you have been thinking of trying some animation with Daz or Poser, now's the time to dive in!

Buy the pack now in the store: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/swordplay-volume-one

I'm happy you released these during the PA sale. I just picked them up .. I have been waiting for these since i seen them on your web site back a few months ago. great set of motion captures.
    Thanks and i look forward to more new ones :)

• ReisormocapReisormocap Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the kind words Ivy. I'd be very interested in seeing what you are able to with the set. Let me know if you get a chance to use it in future animations.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Oh, this looks super nice! I'm on a tight budget or it would be mine--I've had a chance to play with the other sets I bought now and they are truly fantastic. So natural, and they even play nicely with a crazy scaled and morphed figure (well, after using "drop to floor" on every frame :P )! :)

edited December 1969

Hi Zaarin, you shouldn't have to use "Drop to Floor" - our poses should have the characters with their feet right on the floor.

Now, if you're using some morphed characters that heavily modify the originals, then the feet may not be on the floor with the pose as is. Using the "Drop to Floor" option can cause some unnatural bobbing motions in the movement because it will try to bring the character down until the mesh first contacts the floor--whether that's where the mesh is supposed to touch the floor or not.

Try this instead: Each figure has a "BODY" node to which the hip and other bones are parented. Our motions only write data on the hips.

So, start by turning off IK on any and all limbs. Mocap data and IK do NOT play nicely together.

Then, adjust the yTranslation values of the BODY node until the character's feet are properly planted on the floor. If needed, you can also adjust the xTranslation and zTransalation (and yRotation) to move and point the character whichever way you want. Nice and easy, and better results than the "Drop to Floor" option.

edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the kind words Ivy. I'd be very interested in seeing what you are able to with the set. Let me know if you get a chance to use it in future animations.

I am subscribed to you on YouTube so I'll send you a link when i get one done :)

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Hi Zaarin, you shouldn't have to use "Drop to Floor" - our poses should have the characters with their feet right on the floor.

Now, if you're using some morphed characters that heavily modify the originals, then the feet may not be on the floor with the pose as is. Using the "Drop to Floor" option can cause some unnatural bobbing motions in the movement because it will try to bring the character down until the mesh first contacts the floor--whether that's where the mesh is supposed to touch the floor or not.

Try this instead: Each figure has a "BODY" node to which the hip and other bones are parented. Our motions only write data on the hips.

So, start by turning off IK on any and all limbs. Mocap data and IK do NOT play nicely together.

Then, adjust the yTranslation values of the BODY node until the character's feet are properly planted on the floor. If needed, you can also adjust the xTranslation and zTransalation (and yRotation) to move and point the character whichever way you want. Nice and easy, and better results than the "Drop to Floor" option.

Yeah, I had K4 scaled up to about probably 120% (counting having Leg Length at 1.0 and the Chest and Abdomen scaled up), so he was about knee-deep in the ground. And thanks for the advice--I'm rather new to animation, being predominantly a still artist. In this particular instance, "Drop to Floor" seemed to do what it was supposed to--but then I wasn't specifically aiming for a renderable animation, more just testing to see how well the animations worked with some extreme scaling. I was very pleased with the results. :)
  • JayfeatherJayfeather Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

I've been waiting for this one for some time now...

Having bought it and played with it a bit, there are a few motions I would like to see added, namely complete sword blows that don't make contact. Great for blows that miss their target, practice sessions, and situations where generic attack animations are needed (such as attack sprites in games.)

As it stands, the animations seem to stop short of a complete motion.

edited December 1969

Hi Jayfeather. Thanks for purchasing the Swordplay pack - we do appreciate the purchase, and the feedback.

We are already working on a second Swordplay pack to expand the range of animated poses available. Unfortunately, we are early in the process so I don't have a timeline for you, but it will not be anywhere near as long as it took us to get Swordplay out initially. I will definitely add the pose request to our list.

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

I am subscribed to you on YouTube so I'll send you a link when i get one done :)

Cool. Look forward to it!

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Cool. Look forward to it!
    I can see a Pirate theme animation coming on .. BTW I have all your mocaps even the free ones you offered on your web site they are great set of tools really helpful when working with poser. .. please keep them coming they are great. :)

• Lempereur1Lempereur1 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

PoserMocap:

I want to purchase the Swordplay Vol1 but it appears that you are not including the BVH file versions as you included in your other products. Are the BVH files for Swordplay available?

Thanks

edited December 1969

Hi Lempereur1.

We did not include BVH data, choosing instead to include PZ2 and Aniblock files since we felt that using BVH's would be too time consuming to allow people to string together into a swordfight.

Rather than stringing together BVH files, I would recommend using the Aniblocks in Daz Studio and Animate to create the swordfight sequence you want, and then bake that to the timeline and export the BVH's from there. Then apply the exported BVH's in your chosen animation software to your target character.

edited February 2013

Hi:

I actually wanted to use them directly in Unity 4 .

Each animation sequence will be setup as a stand alone file inside Unity.

Then build an animation controller to manage them dynamically inside the Unity engine.

Would it be possible to get them for that reason?

The time savings is what I was looking at. Having to do it one by one would take a long time.

Thanks

Post edited by Lempereur1 on
    edited February 2013

Is your final word that there is no way they can be obtained?

Unity 4 Mecanim animation system works best if the bvh files are imported individually,

that way each short movement sequence can be assigned inside fo the Unity engine itself so they

can be used independently in creating custom animation controllers.

The Unity 4 Mecanim works best if all the components needed to create a complete animated character system
    are assigned after the model - animations has been imported.

This has put an increased demand for independant BVH / Mocap files.

Thanks

Post edited by Lempereur1 on
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

It appears that your product is not quite on the market. yet. It won't add it to the cart.

edited December 1969

Lempereur1

Let me see what we can do. Give me a few days to see what can be done. I would like to explore the possibility of simply adding it to the product, and it becomes a product update for all existing purchasers.

pete.c44

Please try your purchase again. I have been able to add it to my cart without difficulty.

edited December 1969

Finally got it to work...have it in my collection. Looking forward to using this. It must have been really hard work getting this worked out.

edited December 1969

I'm glad the purchase worked Pete - I hope you have fun using it. I'd be really interested in seeing any animations you do with it as well - it will make all the hard work worth it.

edited March 2013

resolved

Post edited by peteVault on
    edited December 1969

Here's a test using posermocap with Genesis figures. I greatly increased their sizes to see how well they could interact. Pretty well, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snUzN2dJRLw&feature=youtu.be

Swordfight.jpg
    647 x 388 - 135K