Files and such

village_residuumvillage_residuum Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I know this is already covered in topics and tutorials, but honestly I find them hard follow. I desperately need help on trying to put some files in the right place. Attached is a screen shot of where I have put some some for clothing, at least for now until I figure out where to put them.

Folders: BKC_001 thru BKC_TBW_011

Should I take out the content in each individual runtime folder, then put them in the main Runtime Folder in My Library?

Thank you

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

YES! you can only have the main DS runtime inside the My Library folder. All those Runtimes need MERGED with the main Runtime.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If you are dealing with zipped content, it is best to extract it to a 'dummy folder' first. That way you can see the structure of the packed file and then just merge what you need to...like just the Runtime folder.

• village_residuumvillage_residuum Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you! Also, by merging do you mean just drag and dropping folders into the main DS Runtime folder? Or is merging something different?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2012

Thank you! Also, by merging do you mean just drag and dropping folders into the main DS Runtime folder? Or is merging something different?

Just dragging and dropping should be fine...although on a Mac, I'm not sure if you have to do something else to make sure it merges and doesn't overwrite (I know you used to...but I haven't used a Mac in ages).

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

What is your OS? Do not drop them inside the Main Runtime. That just puts Runtimes inside the Main runtime. To get Merge in Win7 you drop them in My Library.

edited December 1969

Awesome! got it done! Thank you so much for your help on this everyone

edited December 1969

Although still get an error notification. Maybe they are not in the right folder after all. Well back to the drawing board

edited December 1969

What ERROR are you getting?