I would really like to see this set for Genesis...okay, your turn.

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I would really like to see this set for Genesis..

But with separate morphs so you can customize elements of the character''s face. It helps round out the types of characters that can be made with Genesis.

Aged for V4/M4

Okay... your turn.... please provide a link to the set you want and add your input about what set you would like to see it for Genesis and why.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    edited December 1969

I'd really like to see all the heels done by idler168 redone for genesis.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I second the request for more older characters that have morphs as well as displacement wrinkles (the best and most real aged character sets have both). These do not convert well with Gen X. I tried with the free V4 Aging set from ShareCG, which had wonderful face morphs especially.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2012

FMSC...

You forgot to provide a link

:/

:(

Is this the set you are talking about?

Heel Shoes for V3

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

My bad, it's actually called Maturing V4.

I especially liked it because it could be used for middle-aged characters as well. Usually the options appear to be under 30 or over 70.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Sickle. You are right! Thos are a great set of morphs. On Genesis, you could also use them to age a male character with some success as well.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rammwolf just posted a bunch of free morphs for Genesis in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6841/

There are some head/face morphs that can be used to "age" a figure. The sliders are very good, you could use them to make a middle aged male or female etc. up to elderly people in combination with other morphs you may have. I'd show you the Grandma character I made, but she's still running around naked.

edited December 1969

Ooooo. Thanks ever so.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

There are some head/face morphs that can be used to "age" a figure. The sliders are very good, you could use them to make a middle aged male or female etc. up to elderly people in combination with other morphs you may have. I'd show you the Grandma character I made, but she's still running around naked.

Oh crap. tjohn showed up.

*sigh*

This'll kill the thread for sure.

*poke*

I kid. Yeah, I got those but haven't had a chance to try 'em yet. How ya like 'em? RAM and I go back a ways.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited September 2012

FSMC mentioned specific shoes, but I'll just expand that to say shoes in general, since shoes are one thing that the transfer tool ALWAYS butchers.

The next category would be things that could benefit from geografting in Genesis. Such as a proper mermaid tail, Creatura Serpenta and Creatura-The Black Widow (I'm not sure if the black widow would actually work as a geograft, but I still want it for Genesis whatever form it is implemented in).

My next category would be some old classics that get butchered by the transfer tool. For example,
    0009 Uniform for Aiko 3 (the buttons on the jacket get smeared by the transfer tool making it unusable on Genesis, which is a shame since the jacket would be great for kitbashing)

Another category is older stuff with skirts, another item that the transfer tool usually butchers. For things in the DAZ store that suffer from this, I've always personally really liked Dementia for V4, but this would be riskier as an update to Genesis since it's a pretty iconic outfit that's been used a lot already and doesn't have the same kitbashing potential that the jacket from 0009 does.

And the final category for me would be stuff like swimsuits and dresses that convert with unnatural breast following ("supercling!") that even the Genesis breast correction morphs pack can't really fix.

Post edited by cwichura on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited September 2012

I'd like to see some more ethnic clothing for Genesis...any culture would be appreciated (although in particular I'd like to see more Japanese, southeast Asian, and central Asian clothing). The new Mec4D sets (sari, kurta, and tunic) are a step in the right direction. Hoping we'll see some ethnic sets released as PC items, as in Gen 3 and Gen 4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_costume

For older characters, here's another new freebie that will help: FaceJowls for Genesis by Zev0
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7763/

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2012

I want to see a quadraped morph for genesis that can be used for any four legged creature:) It will serve almost as a base template for various 4 legged creature morphs etc.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I reckon a Genesis Evolution Part II would be fantastic!!! I'd buy it straight away!

I really want to see more sliders for both expressions and individual morphs such as new noses, eyes, ears, wrinkle morphs etc. You can never have too many of these options!! I'd also like to see some more developed claw morphs (A bit like sabretooth in Wolverine Origins film, they're what I call human claws!)

I think the torso needs more additional morphs too such 'Lesser developed' shaping sliders (Younger people who aren't built muscularly have MANY different body details/shapes, that you can't always get from the current muscle morphs.) Again, we need morphs for the elderly as well.

I don't want to see FULL head or FULL body morphs which are all too common now, they have less uses in my opinion... I find the separate individual morphs/details are what I use MOST when creating characters. Full head and body morphs can restrict originality and creativity. When I use full morphs, it's only as a base figure to work with.

edited December 1969

I'd really like to see all the heels done by idler168 redone for genesis.

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

I'll be very interested to see your upcomming face weight morphs your advertising aswell Zev! The banner looks great

edited September 2012

Thanks:). There is a thread on it under commercial. Oh I also want to see Nursoda's figures released as Genesis morphs.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=335459&category=allitems

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Thanks:). There is a thread on it under commercial. Oh I also want to see Nursoda's figures released as Genesis morphs.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=335459&category=allitems

I would also like to see nursoda's figures as shapes for genesis...
  • LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited December 1969

I would like to see all Generation 4 expressions to be totally compatible with Genesis and I need much more Genesis expressions, in particularly male expressions, not girly, but real male or viril expressions.

edited December 1969

What ones aren't compatable? I managed to transfer all I have from M4/V4 via Genx.

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited September 2012

I know thorne is working to make teens for genesis - but Id love to see him/her remake Melisa Blue for Genesis - She was my favorite morph for Laura, and probably one of my favorite all time morphs ever!
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/melissa-blue/39964

Other than that Id like to see more realistic (non -doll like) ethnic morphs for Genesis, particually ones with a darker complexion. Id love to see a nice anglo indian morph or a south east asian one with a darker skin tone avaliable.

Post edited by Dogz on
    edited December 1969

Please remember to leave a link. For instance, I don't know what Melissa Blue is but I am curious. A Link would show me right away.

Thanks for posting,m though.

Keep 'em comin', folks!

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited September 2012

RKane_1 said:
    Please remember to leave a link. For instance, I don't know what Melissa Blue is but I am curious. A Link would show me right away.

Thanks for posting,m though.

Keep 'em comin', folks!

Sorry - Link added above :)
    I like M blue because her features weren't too over exadurated, her eyes and mouth size still give her that 'cutsie look' but are still believeable in terms of realism) On many female morphs the eyes get too enlarged and the mouth is too small - so the character looks more doll/toon-like. (A look that I'm not very keen on) But I think Thorne and Sasa really nailed it on this one, everything is just right :)
    I love her her freckles too, they add so much character.
    This morph actually made me buy the mil teens! If the Gen 3 product line wasnt dead, Id still be using her now.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Awww, thanks for the mention.... :-)

*spanks Robert* You like getting spanked I see! :P Hmmmmmmmmmm :P

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I want to see a quadraped morph for genesis that can be used for any four legged creature:) It will serve almost as a base template for various 4 legged creature morphs etc.

Can't that be achieved with dialing in one of the animal leg morphs, rotating the body to where the torso is perpendicular to the ground, reposition the neck and head and then the legs and arms. I think what Genesis needs is a full set of leg morphs with paw and hooves and goat hooves as well as paw and hoof morphs for the hands (IF that's possible.. might have to check that out in ZBrush). Cath (Mec4D) or Midnight Stories might be able to work that sort of magic on Genesis! :-)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    tjohn said:

Oh crap. tjohn showed up.

*sigh*

This'll kill the thread for sure.

*poke*

I kid. Yeah, I got those but haven't had a chance to try 'em yet. How ya like 'em? RAM and I go back a ways.

LOL! Well I finally caught Grandma and got some clothes on her. I spun so many Genesis morph dials to get this character I lost track. This is rendered in Dimension Theory's Urban Environment Set found here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/urban-recreation
    This is an amazing set, which I bought at 50% off. I literally built the figure, loaded the environment, added a camera and moved it into position and hit "Render". The only post-work was adding the sig. So anyway, heeerrrreeee's Grandma!

grandma.jpg
    937 x 1250 - 404K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

But with separate morphs so you can customize elements of the character''s face. It helps round out the types of characters that can be made with Genesis.

Aged for V4/M4

Okay... your turn.... please provide a link to the set you want and add your input about what set you would like to see it for Genesis and why.

You can use 90% of it on Genesis right now. Only the Head morph is not useable.
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited September 2012

Forget who gave me this idea, but an anime/toon morph set would be a nice addition. As is, if you want to create anime or toon characters, you need to use a modeler, d-formers, or anime or toon shapes. Having a variety of appropriate morph dials would be awesome (and used to a small extent, would probably be helpful in creating some unique-looking realistic characters, too).

I noticed that there are several freebie-providers posting here, so I just wanted to say thank you! :)

Jaderail said:
    Yeah, I got it on sale and use the textures on Genesis...the displacement maps in particular really come in handy.

Nice render, tjohn! At first glnce I thought it was a Reality/Lux render. That DimensionTheory set looks impressive...!

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Zev0 said:

Can't that be achieved with dialing in one of the animal leg morphs, rotating the body to where the torso is perpendicular to the ground, reposition the neck and head and then the legs and arms. I think what Genesis needs is a full set of leg morphs with paw and hooves and goat hooves as well as paw and hoof morphs for the hands (IF that's possible.. might have to check that out in ZBrush). Cath (Mec4D) or Midnight Stories might be able to work that sort of magic on Genesis! :-)

Depends on how far you can lengthen the mesh, on the foot/hand bones, and mash them together to look like leg bones.

On the other hand, maybe if distortions are bad, they could be hidden by ZBrush fiber fur, or something.

When a person compares the skeletons, the backwards rear knee is actually the heel.

Cats are simply standing on their tippytoes, and kinda squatted down, and the leg bones are shorter.

On horses, the foot/hand bones are much longer. And, although it doesn't show, they lose two foot/hand bones, with 2 more shrunk, and one of those fused to the main one. I imagine because they're runners.

A mouse's limbs look more like ours...

Longer necks might be a problem.

Then you have to reshape & resize some other stuff. Heads, hips and thighs might be tough.

Weight-mapping might be a boon for this sort of thing.

Edit: I wonder... if Genesis doesn't have enough polys, for something, maybe a morphed and weight-mapped Gen 4 might work.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    RKane_1 said:

Aged for V4/M4

It looks like its a V4/M4 morph and I do not have Gen X. How do you get those morphs on to Genesis?

Did you mean the textures and displacement maps? THAT I know how to bring over. I just wanted the accompanying morphs.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

You DO need GenX

edited December 1969

Gen X is the application that transfers morphs from other characters into genesis. Unless you intend to make your own original morphs (Which requires additional software and knowledge of 3d modelling at a whole new level) You will require Generation X plugin.