Can't find Posed for V5

LyoneLyone Posts: 139
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just downloaded DAZ 4.5. Every time I open it or try to open a DAZ duf file I get an error messagw saying:

"Some assets needed to load the file were missing. The content may not work as expected. The following files could not be found:
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/People/Genesis/Poses/Posed for V5/011.dsf"

I redownloaded the Posed for V5 and reinstalled it but I get the same error message. When I save a duf file with a certain pose and try to open it, I still get the same error message. The character I saved with a pose loads with another pose.

Anyone else who has the same problem?

Best regards.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,841
    edited December 1969

Well, firstly you shouldn't be installing content into the data folder - the installers will put the things that need to go into data in there as long as you point them to My Library (or whatever folder you chose as your content directory). Did you install the Genesis Essentials stuff - to My Library?

• LyoneLyone Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

I think I installed ii in My library. I don't touch data and don't install thinks in data (voluntarily). Whwn I install a DAZ product it points automatically to my DAZ folder. I install there.

Best regards.

Well, firstly you shouldn't be installing content into the data folder - the installers will put the things that need to go into data in there as long as you point them to My Library (or whatever folder you chose as your content directory). Did you install the Genesis Essentials stuff - to My Library?
    edited December 1969

Well, the files have ended up in the Data folder - People/Genesis/Poses/Posed for V5/011.dsf should be in the My Library folder. What folders do you have selected as DAZ Studio Content Directories?

edited September 2012

Well, the files have ended up in the Data folder - People/Genesis/Poses/Posed for V5/011.dsf should be in the My Library folder. What folders do you have selected as DAZ Studio Content Directories?

The folder is

C:\Users\Salome\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited September 2012

Lyone said:

The folder is

C:\Users\Salome\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio

Then I put the files manually in my Library. When I use the folder "C:\Users\Salome\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio" the files do not install in My Library so I have to put them in. But I don't put anything in data.

And I have to say that when I open an old DAZ (DAZ4.0 file with Genesis with Gen X morphs) in DAZ 4.5 and save it as "duf" I can't open the duf file. The figure exploses. I get the same message with Posed forV5 but it's not sure there is a connection betwween the two events. Maybe the figure exploses because DAZ 4.5 new Genesis mesh doesn't like the old Genesis one. I don't know. It's only speculation.

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited December 1969

A lot of people with the exploding figure have found that saving the exploded scene and opening that restores everything.

If your content directory is set to C:\Users\Salome Masseron\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio then that's the folder you should isntall to - My Library is just the default, if you have seelcted the Studio folder as the content directory then that's the one you want instead.

edited September 2012

A lot of people with the exploding figure have found that saving the exploded scene and opening that restores everything.

If your content directory is set to C:\Users\Salome Masseron\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio then that's the folder you should isntall to - My Library is just the default, if you have seelcted the Studio folder as the content directory then that's the one you want instead.

COOL!! It works!! When I save my exploded figure as you mentioned and I reopen it, I get my character and all is in place. No more exploded character. Thank you for that.

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited September 2012

...But for the missing file, I'm not sure I understand what you wrote. If I installed the product correctly, why is there some missing file? Should I install the file (Posed for V5) in My Library instead?

The problem is when I load the new Genesis figure or every time I open DAZ. The old Genesis figure has disappeared from my library but when I open my old scenes with Genesis iconic shapes, they open well and I don't get any error message. But when I open the new Genesis, he/she opens in a specific pose and not the zero pose. It's always the same specific pose and the pose is probably the missing one. Evey time I save a scene (duf) and reopen it, the figure comes with the same specific pose and it doesn't care about any pose I used and saved the figure with. Is it normal? Is there some preset that I should use to save the pose when I save a scene in DAZ 4.5? It wasn't like that in DAZ 4.0. The figure was saved with his/her pose and when I reopened the scene I had my "posed" character.

Best regards.

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited September 2012

Oh Goshhhh, is it already ONE O CLOCK??? I have to go to bed. I have a long working day :shut:waiting for me tomorrow. Good night.

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited December 1969

Is the figure still posable, or is it locked in the pose it loads in? I suspect that you have used the save Modified Assets at some point - that's usually the cause of genesis loading in a non-default state - in which case a reinstall of the Geensis stater essentials should fix it.

edited September 2012

Is the figure still posable, or is it locked in the pose it loads in? I suspect that you have used the save Modified Assets at some point - that's usually the cause of genesis loading in a non-default state - in which case a reinstall of the Geensis stater essentials should fix it.

Hi, the figure is still posable. I can pose it however I want but if I save the scene with a new pose and open the scene again I get the error message and the figure loads with the "bug pose" (the loading non-default pose). So I loose the pose I put on the figure.

If I reinstall Genesis starter essentials, should I install it in Studio or in My Library?

I don't remember that I saved some pose or used Modified Assets. Actually, I just installed the Genesis starter pack and when I opened DAZ 4.5 for the first time I get directly the error message and the wrong pose, before I did anything.

Best regards-

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited December 1969

Install to the folder you have selected as your main content directory - the one that appears in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats.

edited December 1969

Install to the folder you have selected as your main content directory - the one that appears in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats.

I don't have any Content library. I only have My Library and Documentation in the Studio folder.

edited December 1969

I just saw this forum thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7340/

It seems like my problem. Do I also have to delete the "bug pose" in data?

Best regards.

edited September 2012

Not a folder called Content Library, the Content Library pane in DAZ Studio - Window>Panes(Tabs)>Content Library.

The other thread is a different issue. However, it does remind me to tell you to see what (if anything) you have listed in Edit>Preferences>Startup next to Load File, and in Edit>Preferences>Scene next to Load file under On New.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Not a folder called Content Library, the Content Library pane in DAZ Studio - Window>Panes(Tabs)>Content Library.

The other thread is a different issue. However, it does remind me to tell you to see what (if anything) you have listed in Edit>Preferences>Startup next to Load File, and in Edit>Preferences>Scene next to Load file under On New.

Hi, I don't have any Content Library pane in DAZ Studio. I have Window>Panes(Tabs)>Script IDE or Batch convert or Decimator. There is no "Content library" there.

In Edit>Preferences>Startup next to Load File, I see C:/Users/Salome/Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf

In Edit>Preferences>Scene next to Load file under On New, I see None

edited December 1969

If you don't have the Content Library you must be using the Full Service layout. You can change that through Window>Workspace>Select Layout, but all I want you to check is your DAZ Studio content directory which you can also reach by launching the Content Directory Manager from Edit>Preferences>Library.

edited December 1969

If you don't have the Content Library you must be using the Full Service layout. You can change that through Window>Workspace>Select Layout, but all I want you to check is your DAZ Studio content directory which you can also reach by launching the Content Directory Manager from Edit>Preferences>Library.

My layout is not the Full Service Layout. It's the Hollywood Blvd, as I can see.

In the Content Directory Manager from Edit>Preferences>Library, I can see the content directory manager. If I click on that I get several DAZ studio formats and several Poser formats, but no Content library. I put a screen picture. I also put a picture for the "bug pose", the pose that loads any time I use DAZ or open a duf scene.

Bugg_pose.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 225K
    Image_DAZ.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 303K
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I said something wrong. I clicked on the Hollywood worspace to test if it changes something and it does. So you were right, I was probably on a Full service layout. Now I can see the content library in DAZ studio Panes (Tabs). But I'm not sure how to install Genensis there like you mentioned. Can you help me with that?

Best regards.

edited December 1969

Right, so you do have a My Library folder. You also have a lot of other folders that really shouldn't be there and may be confusing the issue, so please remove all of the entries but the first under DAZ Studio Formats (click on them, then click the remove button). Then install the content to the My Library folder.

edited December 1969

Right, so you do have a My Library folder. You also have a lot of other folders that really shouldn't be there and may be confusing the issue, so please remove all of the entries but the first under DAZ Studio Formats (click on them, then click the remove button). Then install the content to the My Library folder.

I'm not sure I understand. You mean install in Studio or in My document folder. I reinstalled in My document/Studio twicw but I still get the same error message. When I open DAZ I get the error message with the wrong pose. Then comes a window saying "import content metadata for the following products". There I see down that the "User data overrides Product data" is automatically checked. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe it installed over the data. Do I have to uncheck that?

If you think I should install directly in DAZ studio, could you explain me how to do? Do I have to install in the C/Program files/DAZ studio/content management service?

Best regards.

edited December 1969

No, you have My Library selected as the DAZ Studio content directory so you need to isntall to My Library. The folder you have selected for content is the folder you install to.

edited September 2012

No, you have My Library selected as the DAZ Studio content directory so you need to isntall to My Library. The folder you have selected for content is the folder you install to.

Hi, I have installed GenesisStarterEssentials 1.3 trx again in the folder C:\Users\Salome\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library but it doesn't help. I get the same error message and the same wrong pose.

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited December 1969

Something intresting. The bug pose is not the pose 11 but the pose 20 from the Posed for V5 package. I don't if it means something. And why do I see a 2 before every pose?

I put som screen picture.

Bug_pose.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 253K
    edited September 2012

Why is everything locked to this bug pose? Every time I open DAZ or everytime I open a saved duf scene I get this same bug pose. If I open an old scene I don't see this bug pose but if I pose the figure or touch it and save and try to reopen, the figure explodes or I see the bug pose. If I save the exploded figure and reopen the scene, the figure loads well but in this freaking same bug pose. Why can't I save any other pose than this horrible pose?

I'm so disappointed. I have a great program with great amazing potential but I can't do anything with it. I don't even know how to install content in it :down:. I would pay a lot for this program to work well instead of not paying anything and having a lot of trouble on using it.

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited December 1969

The (2) means there are two copies of the file installed, in different places on your system. If you right-click on them you should be able to tell it which to use. As for why it is applying, by name - do you still have the files in the /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/People/Genesis/Poses/Posed for V5/ folder? If so, remove them - it may be that DS is treating them as morph files, since they are .dsf files, though I would expect it to take account of the content when reading them and applying each in turn, ending with 20.

edited September 2012

The (2) means there are two copies of the file installed, in different places on your system. If you right-click on them you should be able to tell it which to use. As for why it is applying, by name - do you still have the files in the /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/People/Genesis/Poses/Posed for V5/ folder? If so, remove them - it may be that DS is treating them as morph files, since they are .dsf files, though I would expect it to take account of the content when reading them and applying each in turn, ending with 20.

OH GOD! The freaking pose is GOOOOONE!!!! Thank you so much. This pose behaved like a virus and it was a nightmare to see it in every step I did in DAZ. I had headache just seing this pose. Now it's GONE and the application is working again! Now I can put some pose on Genesis and when I save it and reopen the scene, the figure comes with the right pose. No more freaking pose. Thank you so much. Now I can play a little more with DAZ Studio 4.5.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Post edited by Lyone on
    edited December 1969

You're welcome - and I'm sorry I didn't figure out the immediate issue sooner.

edited September 2012

You're welcome - and I'm sorry I didn't figure out the immediate issue sooner.

That's OK. Thank you for your help. The most important is the Happy ending :-)

Post edited by Lyone on