Cell shaded stuff

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I downloaded pwtoon and have been trying to get cell shaded stuff work by watching the tutorial in deviant art
But i am not able to at all get the desired result. I dont know what wrong i am doing
Do any1 have any better tutorials or can you highlights the steps needed for it
Also is it necessary to use aiko for cell shaded stuff or genisis will do

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,700
    edited December 1969

Any figure will do. How is it failing? If you use the Surface selection tool to click on part of Genesis, what shader is listed at the top of th Surfaces pane?

• edited December 1969

Its Daz studio default

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,700
    edited December 1969

OK, in that case you haven't applied the shader successfully. Do you have the updated versions of pwToon for DS4.5? Are you applying the base shader or an effects preset, and are you remembering to seelct surfaces before applying the preset?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

Then you are not loading pwToon, it should say Shader : pwToon at the top of the Surfaces tab.

Please see th image below. There are three versions of pwToon, one for DS2, DS3 and DS4. Make sure that you are using the correct one.

Select Genesis in the Scene tab AND in the Surfaces tab before applying the shader. You will also not see the effect of the shader until you render it.

EDIT:

Another XPost Richard.

Untitled-1.jpg
    660 x 842 - 105K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

I selected genesis in surface colour editor tab
    and i selected genesis in secene tab
    Then i went to content libary tab and applied the flesho1 toon but it still says daz studio default in shader

edited September 2012

What version of pwToon does the installer say it is. It was updated recently for DS 4.5 0.114 and it is called 7253_pwToon_1.2_ds.exe, is that the one you have, and what version of DS 4 are you using?

EDIT:

Where are you getting the Flesh 01 toon, I don;t have it as part of pwToon?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

Daz is 4.03
    Its crescent pwtoon

edited December 1969

I don't have one called Crescent in pwToon resources, where did it come from? It doesn't sound like a pwToon shader. Can you apply any of the other ones to see if they wotk? You DO know that you wont see any change until you render?

• edited December 1969

http://cyonixgfx.deviantart.com/art/pwToon-Tutorial-2-DAZ-Gen-3-257227270
    I have downloaded it from there long way back.
    I can apply orange toon shader and it works
    But this1 doesnt

edited December 1969

I'm afraid I can't help you with this, the shader is no longer available it seems.

There is a link here to a help page on pwToon, it might help you:

http://www.poseworks.com/shaders/pwtoon/

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Oh, I remember Crescent's shaders. I use them all the time! They're quite good.

omgwtfbbgxy, make sure you have pwToon installed correctly. Crescent's shaders won't work unless pwToon (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pwtoon/) is installed correctly. Try resetting your download from the DAZ Store to get the latest version. It should work well with your version of DAZ Studio.

Once that's done, as a test, try applying the pwToon shader that came with your DAZ download directly to the surfaces you want. If that works, then find Crescent's shaders in your Content Library and apply the ones you'd like to use.

Hopefully that helps...

• breadboxerbreadboxer Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hey,

I recently picked up PwToon 1.2, I'm going to try my luck with it out of the box, but like omgwtfbbgxy I am also interested in using those tutorials as a guide. My problem is much simpler, so far I have had ZERO luck on finding a working download link for those free Crescent PwToon shader presets. Can anyone help me find this? I've tried for 2 weeks now.

omgwtfbbgxy how have you made out with the Cel shading renders? I'm hoping to get this process down for use in a game project I'm working on.

Cheers

Br

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Try sending a PM to Crescent. That should be her username in the current forum too.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Hey,

I recently picked up PwToon 1.2, I'm going to try my luck with it out of the box, but like omgwtfbbgxy I am also interested in using those tutorials as a guide. My problem is much simpler, so far I have had ZERO luck on finding a working download link for those free Crescent PwToon shader presets. Can anyone help me find this? I've tried for 2 weeks now.

omgwtfbbgxy how have you made out with the Cel shading renders? I'm hoping to get this process down for use in a game project I'm working on.

Cheers

Br

CyonixGFX re-posted the Crescent presets on sendspace, as the readme allows this. The link is among the comments on Deviant. The direct link is:

Crescent's pwToon Cel Shaders.zip

• breadboxerbreadboxer Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for the quick reply!

Renpatsu thanks so much for the link!

I was having so so luck with the pwToon snazzytoon preset with some edits, now I'm excited to give this a try.