The Water Fall Tool

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in New Users

Can anyone supply a link to an animation that uses The Water Fall Tool by Nerd 3?

Comments

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Can any one give some idea on how to install the PSI city starter for Bryce? The usual paths through create, edit and sky import paths don't seem appropriate. Has anyone actually done it?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    Can any one give some idea on how to install the PSI city starter for Bryce? The usual paths through create, edit and sky import paths don't seem appropriate. Has anyone actually done it?

Accordint to the Product Page, there is a BR5 scene file, which you should be able to open. There are also .OBP (Bryce Object Presets) with it as well which should be put into your Bryce Presets folder.

Can you explain a bit more fully why you can't load any of these items?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

As all Objects in this scene are OBP, which is a bryce only format, youd need to add them to your presets.

SO unpack the files by running the installer and pointing it to a Temp folder which you create on your hard drive. Mine is simply calle "For Bryce" you can use what ever title that you like for this folder.

On the create screen, click the little arrow next to the word "Create" on the top line, this takes you to your presets. Click the arrow at the bottom next to the word "user" and you will find a screen which gives you the option to "import" an OBP from the folder that you created.

As Jimmy says there is also a Starter scene. This you can run from the folder by starting Bryce, going to the folder you have created and clicking the scene file.

Do remember to tell Bryce to open a Br 5 Scene, in file types at the bottom of the "open file" screen, as this is an old prodcut, but Bryce is backwards compatible and can open files of this type back to Br4.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:

Accordint to the Product Page, there is a BR5 scene file, which you should be able to open. There are also .OBP (Bryce Object Presets) with it as well which should be put into your Bryce Presets folder.

Can you explain a bit more fully why you can't load any of these items?These are the instructions in the "read me".

===
    To use the objects, do the following:
    Navigate to the Bryce 5.x:Presets:Objects folder and create a new folder called "Simon Schild"
    Copy the OBP files from the PSI City Starter Set:Objects and PSI City Shuttle:Objects folders
    Paste inside the Bryce 5.x:Presets:Objects:Simon Schild folder
    OR
    Import each OBP file into any Object Library in Bryce.
    The included scene is to get you started, just open in Bryce to use.
    ====

There is no mention of DS7 so it is not clear to me if I have to have DS5 loaded for this to work or not.

The Content folder comes with a Simon Schild folder in it. Do I nee to make another SS folder to place this SS folder in?

The content folder contains obp, jpg, and br5 files..The read me files only tell where the obp files go, sort of. I have the obo files loaded. How do I get the scenes and templates that come with it into Bryce?

In the past I have imported Bryce content from with in Bryce. This seems completely different. I guess I am disoriented.

edited December 1969

Is this forum still operating with the guidelines that each person should include all questions on one thead? Since no one answered my first question, I am not sure if no one know or it got lost. I can see that happening. Does the search engine search the content?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't think I've ever seen the Waterfall animated before. If I did it was long ago and way to many links ago to remember.

Yes we still prefer related questions in the same thread.

edited September 2012

vindazi said:
    vindazi said:

These are the instructions in the "read me".

===
    Navigate to the Bryce 5.x:Presets:Objects folder and create a new folder called "Simon Schild"
    Copy the OBP files from the PSI City Starter Set:Objects and PSI City Shuttle:Objects folders
    OR
    ====

There is no mention of DS7 so it is not clear to me if I have to have DS5 loaded for this to work or not.

The Content folder comes with a Simon Schild folder in it. Do I nee to make another SS folder to place this SS folder in?

The content folder contains obp, jpg, and br5 files..The read me files only tell where the obp files go, sort of. I have the obo files loaded. How do I get the scenes and templates that come with it into Bryce?

In the past I have imported Bryce content from with in Bryce. This seems completely different. I guess I am disoriented.

Vindazi, did you see my post with instructions as to how to import OBPs into Bryce. This product is a pure Brcye product, it will not work in DS, nor does it need DS to make it work.

OBPs created for Bryce 5 will work in Bryce 7 with no problem, once they are in your preset library.

Bryce 7 is backwards compatible,

edited December 1969

I have installed and reinstalled "A Curious Town Hall", a few times and it still fail to show up where the read me files indicate. I have used this path. I have looked for it in Daz and Poser and can not find it. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

/Users/vinegarm/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    vindazi said:
    vindazi said:

These are the instructions in the "read me".

===
    OR
    ====

Vindazi, did you see my post with instructions as to how to import OBPs into Bryce. This product is a pure Brcye product, it will not work in DS, nor does it need DS to make it work.

OBPs created for Bryce 5 will work in Bryce 7 with no problem, once they are in your preset library.

Bryce 7 is backwards compatible,

Sorry for the confusing typo. I meant BR7 and BR5? I have loaded the obp files. Now I am trying to find out how I get the scenes and templates, the jpg files, that came with the PSI content into Bryce7?

edited September 2012

THe jpgs should be included with the OBPs. so if you put one of those into your sene it wiill already have the jpg textures applied. OBPs include all textures in the format.

The scene file that is included in the dowonload you simply open in Bryce, making sure that you tell Bryce 7 that the file type is Br5 in the open file dialogue box. Again, if there are any jpgs asscociated with the scene file, they will be already applied when you open the scene.

The scene file should include any lights and the sky shown in the promo's

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    THe jpgs should be included with the OBPs. so if you put one of those into your sene it wiill already have the jpg textures applied. OBPs include all textures in the format.

The scene file that is included in the dowonload you simply open in Bryce, making sure that you tell Bryce 7 that the file type is Br5 in the open file dialogue box. Again, if there are any jpgs asscociated with the scene file, they will be already applied when you open the scene.

The scene file should include any lights and the sky shown in the promo's

When I create a new scene everything I get from the create tab is gray. When I opened the pre made scene the props were colored. Does this mean that those texture aren't designed to be used be used except for the pre made scene?

edited December 1969

If they are JPG textures used, then there is 2 possibilities. You will need to check in the texture editor to confirm which one is used here. If they are textures made just for elelments of the scene and the OBPs using templates, then they will be specific to the parts and modles they are applied to in the OBPs and the scene file.

If on the other hand they are tileable jpgs, then you should be able to use them on other objects if you wish. THe same goes for any Bryce mats which have been made using the Texture editor alone, those can be saved out in the mat presets and used on other projects.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll keep playing around with it.

Is there a way to reset the little green "scene" preserver buttons in the upper left hand corner of Bryce?

edited December 1969

I have to admit that is one feature I never use.

I tend to lable my first attempt at a scene with a number and save that, and then I use the save as command every time I have made a few changes. Bryce will aoutomatically label the next save as 02, if you made the first one 01. Ok it may take up quite a bit of HD space if you have complicated scenes, but if decide the previous save was better, it is easy to go back to it, and if Bryce should crash on you then you will not have lost too much if you use this feature.

edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    I have installed and reinstalled "A Curious Town Hall", a few times and it still fail to show up where the read me files indicate. I have used this path. I have looked for it in Daz and Poser and can not find it. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

/Users/vinegarm/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

I just installed this item too, and it goes where the readme says for me. There are four installer files for it, did you install them all?

Mine are in DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Environments > Architecture > Curious_Town_Hall, and these are preload complete DAZ Scenes. The rest are in Poser Formats in Character/Pose etc.

edited December 1969

vindazi said:

Is there a way to reset the little green "scene" preserver buttons in the upper left hand corner of Bryce?

I looked at the manual (Yeah, I know :) ), but it didn't help. Something far back in my mind made me try Alt+LMB, and that clears them again. My brain does work sometimes, just not very often.

edited December 1969

Anyone have suggestions as to how I "dial in" each piece of content to the floor? Along those same lines, is there a way I can set coordinates for a piece of content. When I bring in a new piece of content It centers to the scene. I would like to locate the piece by dialing into the xyz coordinates I want.

edited December 1969

vindazi said:

I looked at the manual (Yeah, I know :) ), but it didn't help. Something far back in my mind made me try Alt+LMB, and that clears them again. My brain does work sometimes, just not very often.

I am on a Mac so I tried alt+LMB and it took me to an editor. Thanks for the suggestion though. Any Mac users have suggestions.

edited December 1969

I am told to tell you to try option+LMB Just a suggestion.

edited September 2012

Alt on a Mac is Option as far as I know, try some of the other keys like Shift and whatever else a Mac has?

XPost Pam

Just found this in the manual

Delete Saved Camera Views

Option+click on a filled Memory Dot

Alt+click on a filled Memory Dot

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Alt on a Mac is Option as far as I know, try some of the other keys like Shift and whatever else a Mac has?

XPost Pam

Just found this in the manual

Delete Saved Camera Views

Option+click on a filled Memory Dot

Alt+click on a filled Memory Dot

Hooray! That worked exactly as described!

edited December 1969

Great, glad you got that sorted.