HDR Pro-Sets: Urban Recreation for DAZ Studio Out Now! [Commercial]

Comments

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited September 2012

nt

Post edited by peteVault on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited September 2012

I will just call you 7896, I actually was wrong about what that stood for, senior moment :red:

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you Pete.c44, and Yes you may call me Daz, dang forum never saw a forum where it was so hard to change your user name. :D right now I have render brain, but I will figure it out.

Problem is the new software ... you have to contact one of the moderators to change your username.

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kerya just saw that myself :) But thank you!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

But your nickname isn't bad - it has a certain something. ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thank you Pete.c44, and Yes you may call me Daz, dang forum never saw a forum where it was so hard to change your user name. Apparently that was auto assigned to me and I need an admin's permission to change it. :)

Please PM either Richard Haseltine, or one of the other Forum Admin, and we can get your name changed for you, Tell us which name you want to use ( with a couple of variants in case the name is already in use) and the email address you use to log on to the store and forum
    edited December 1969

sorry DT :red:
    click for awful video
    you freinds may need guide dogs after ripping their eyes out while plugging their ears when they watch this!

edited December 1969

some stills rendered with skylight and full raytracing

stills009.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 737K
    stills006.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 618K
    stills004.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 648K
    stills003.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 727K
    stills002.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 628K
    edited December 1969

that is an Australian ghost gum, I am certain in the fourth pic on the left
    I have a whopper in my backyard!!

edited December 1969

sorry DT :red:
    click for awful video
    you freinds may need guide dogs after ripping their eyes out while plugging their ears when they watch this!

Actually, it is a damned good video. You show the capabilities of this new software in your follow shot of the zombie-like park visitors. I is appropriately creepy, because it takes the familiar and adds off-key elements. I wish I could come up with clever scenarios the way you do.

edited December 1969

Thanks chohole

• KinichKinich Posts: 855
    edited December 1969

Migration

Had a bit of colour correction post work in GIMP and in the case of the second one a conversion to monochrome but that is it.

Dino-Herd-02r.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 430K
    Dino-Herd-01r.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 501K
    edited December 1969

I knew it !!! Dinosaurs still exist!!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Yeah Wendy is right, the idea of using grass models as the shadow catcher works great in Carrara but it doesn't translate to DS. I've tried doing it with displacement and other things but can't get it working. The problem is that the transparent bits show self-shadows (parts where the shadow catcher casts shadows on it's self because of actual features), it turns into a jumbled mess of shadows. It's actually really easy to do in post though if you guys would like me to show you.

DT, I'd like to know your tips for post work to fix the grass, etc. I have Photoshop CS6. I tried cloning, but I don't think I had a brush that worked well. It looked messy.
    edited December 1969

Hey "I'm a real boy!" I mean I have a real name. Wendy I like the movie a little floaty on some walkers but for a quick movie render it really shows how cool this thing is. Kinich I hope you brought a pooper scooper to clean up after letting them lose in the park.

edited December 1969

Bike riding in the park. In front is my girlfriend....way in the back is me. I always have an ambulance to follow me.

PeggyPaul_BikeRiding.jpg
    709 x 1000 - 389K
    edited December 1969

pete.c44 said:
    Bike riding in the park. In front is my girlfriend....way in the back is me. I always have an ambulance to follow me.

I like the way the bike seems to have kicked up some dust. How did you do that?
    edited December 1969

Here is my latest creation. I tried to post this a little while ago, but it didn't show up, so I hope it doesn't become a double post. This is a great product - money well spent.

5_Genesis_and_1_dog_in_UR_courts_PS.jpg
    1728 x 1080 - 1M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...oooh, really like.

Have to wait for another payday though as I missed your PA sale day.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Experimented with two separate renders... background dome as one, and figure with shadowcatcher saved as png as other. This let me slip an effects layer in between the two and (hopefully) get a mood going...

catcher_test.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 226K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Like that!

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

When the walls of reality thin, and Others start squirming through, will you take a stand or be a crunchy snack? :ohh: :coolgrin:

I really like this environment, but I was disappointed that I couldn't use camera DoF as the background was all the same distance (obvious when I thought about it).

However, I remembered a flaw in the way the renderer handles DoF - the blur amount is taken from the first reflective or refractive surface hit.

So I added a geometry shell to the shadow catcher and gave it a push distance of -0.2 to get it slightly behind. Set diffuse, specular and opacity to 0. Set refraction to white and 100%, IoR to 1.

And joy of joys, it worked - the background is blurred to the right amount for the view. I even used this to bring the close tree forward a bit with a scaled plane aligned over the image at the right distance back - not perfect but sort of works.

Anyway, hope this method helps someone else who wants to use DoF with this.

Park_DoF_Cthulu.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 133K
    edited December 1969

I just had a fail
    not DT's fault, Daz studio to blame, for NOT being Carrara!!
    you CANNOT use two instances at once of Daz studio!!! you lose texture maps and apparently shader bricks
    (3D delight actually told me that but until I saw the result, I had no idea what the error meant and kept rendering)
    yep, opened the 32 bit at about the time (20 frames in) when the 64bit was rendering and sent a model to Hexagon and back
    I pull this crap all the time with Carrara rendering and it just slows down a bit.
    Studio is a Diva and attention whore, she wants all my computer to herself or she throws hissy fits!!!

• Fenriz DaggerFenriz Dagger Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

What an amazing product!

I hope there will be expansions for it in the future.

• Will DeckerWill Decker Posts: 187
    edited December 1969

Thought I recognized the park images, this is down the street from where I live. :) Love how this works, can't wait to try it out with some of my artwork :)

edited December 1969

Thought I recognized the park images, this is down the street from where I live. :) Love how this works, can't wait to try it out with some of my artwork :)

I thought that was you peeing behind that tree!

DT needs to be more carefull who he catches with his camera
    joking

• DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry about the slowing of my responses, I think I've come down with the flu or something. When I'm feeling a bit better I'll post a tutorial showing people how to post work the grass to make it look more realistic.

edited December 1969

I'm sorry about the slowing of my responses, I think I've come down with the flu or something. When I'm feeling a bit better I'll post a tutorial showing people how to post work the grass to make it look more realistic.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. You probably wore yourself sick getting this product ready for release. Better rest up. We'll keep playing until you return.
    edited December 1969

Gramps got his new bike today. He got every option possible.Sadly, it now weighs 400 lbs. and is too heavy for him to ride.

myBike.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 622K
    edited December 1969

@czxana.....Dinosaurs vs. Waitresses.....good one!!