Superbelt. Deforming errors

JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
edited May 2012 in The Commons

This is what happens when I load the Superbelt. It looks fine untill you start adding the built in morphs. This is what I get after dialing any morphs, the more morphs the worse it gets. This is the back of the belt. I'm using DS4Pro v 4.0.3.47. 64bit

Post edited by Jaderail on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

50 views and not one comment? All I would like is for somebody to tell me if my set has an error or not. If it's my end I would like to know, if it's not I would like to know. I need to use the belt for a character I'm building. With what I'm getting it is not usable.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

are you parenting the belt to genesis or the supersuit?

Sal.

edited December 1969

I happens both ways, I get ever weirder stuff if I parent to the suit.

edited December 1969

Im just messing with it now, it does distort the shape a lot too doesnt it? I am messing with the mesh smoothing and collision to see if it helps. Ill post to let you know the results.

Sal.

edited December 1969

in the adjustments "Expandback" seems to help bring it out a bit, But I have turned off mesh smoothing and collision. but I am still messing with it. just thought I would post live results so to speak..

Sal.

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

I found the same thing, and the cape is even worse...

the colors bleed through the top making a horrrible mess...

superbadcape.jpg
    800 x 800 - 129K
    edited December 1969

yes does'nt matter what you do because of the curved shape of the back it messes up the belt. poor quality must be why it was given the 1.99 price tag.

sal.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited December 1969

namrettek said:

Thats hell of a mess, have the boots got such glaring problems?

edited December 1969

namrettek said:

Thats hell of a mess, have the boots got such glaring problems?

There might be a fix for the cape - that's straight attached to an M5 with the supersuit, (I tried to genesis also), it
    s on M5.

I've been scared to try the boots...

but I did get them... I think I'll try this stuff on a gensis (instead of M5)

edited December 1969

Well when I removed "M5 hero" morph the cape had no problem with the texture.

It seems like nothing works with m5 hero...

The boots seem fine - but NO texture with it (other than what is shown here.) but one can of corse use the super suit materials...

The utility belt (little sneak peak there) had the deformations without m5 hero, but since it is in the back it's not such a big deal for me.

And as stated earlier - the more morphs the more deformed the back is.

But I think the belt is REALLY missing a texture!

ot sure how the boots will work with the supersuit...

capem5.jpg
    800 x 800 - 62K
    edited December 1969

Thank you folks. Now I know I'm not alone. I get the Cape errors also. They should fix this. People that buy this at full price and not PC prices will really be PO'ed.

I was going to use the belt on a character without a cape. I need the back of the belt to work.

edited May 2012

I don't find any errors in the boots. I just wish they had more built in seams and mat zones. The suit shaders work great on them.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

This shouldn't be happening, the items were tested with a view to looking for poke through. Which version of DS are you using, and what if any morphs do you have applied directly to the cloak and belt - if you could save a preset for it and post that it will help QA to look into the issue.

• MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
    edited May 2012

not considering the morphing issues. I'm jealous, I can't even buy them yet cuz of this membership issue. :(

Jade... it might be a Daz 4 issue with the superstuff. I can't even test it on daz 4.5 because I'm not going to buy the items for full price and this membership issue is driving me batty. (and yes I've issued tickets)

Post edited by MistaD2047 on
    edited May 2012

This shouldn't be happening, the items were tested with a view to looking for poke through. Which version of DS are you using, and what if any morphs do you have applied directly to the cloak and belt - if you could save a preset for it and post that it will help QA to look into the issue.

Win 7 64bit, 8Gb ram, DS4Pro version 4.0.3.47 64 bit. I get the distortion as soon as I start adding any morphs. The more morphs I add the more the distortion the back of the belt gets. In the cape I get the bleed through in several of the built in morphs.

I'm pretty new to DS4Pro so I'm not sure how to save a preset. What do I do with it when I get one saved?

EDIT: I prefer DS4Pro 4.0.3.47 because I own Reality 2 and do not wish to move up to 4.5. I would lose my Reality.
    edited December 1969

I am using version 4.0.3.47 64 bit. I was getting the same problems just using the actual morphs that come with the belt, if you use the morphs for the front of the belt it deforms the rear of the belt pulling it into the supersuit and m5.

Sal.

Oh before Version 4.5 is mentioned no I havent tried it because its not compatible yet with the pluins I use.

edited May 2012

File>Save as>Pose preset. It would probably be best to include a file for Genesis and a file for the belt and/or cape.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

File>Save as>Pose preset. It would probably be best to include a file for Genesis and a file for the belt and/or cape.

I still need to know where I send the files after I make them.

P.S. I'm just using a default load Genesis, I dont think they would need that. I only put the Supersuit on it so my Genesis would not be nude in my render.
    edited December 1969

Do you have a Hotmail/Windows LIVE account? Or Dropbox? Those, and others, let you place files for download (they are going to be tiny, especially as there's no need for a PNG, so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue. If that's no good I'll PM you my email.

edited December 1969

Do you have a Hotmail/Windows LIVE account? Or Dropbox? Those, and others, let you place files for download (they are going to be tiny, especially as there's no need for a PNG, so bandwidth shouldn't be an issue. If that's no good I'll PM you my email.

Hi richard I just sent a link in PM to a video showing you whats happening, hope it helps figure out whats wrong.

Sal.

• chiefarchonchiefarchon Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

where did you get the superbelt and cape because im now seeing it anywhere !!!

• chiefarchonchiefarchon Posts: 34
    edited May 2012

Thanks ramwolf

its really concerning that this is not showing up in the new releases store :(

Post edited by chiefarchon on
    edited December 1969

Jade... ya I have Reality 2 as well, but their gonna update it to 4.5 in June. Until then I'm on base DS4P 4.5. things load and save a heck of a lot faster with 4.5

edited December 1969

Sorry Richard but I use my Broadband provider for everything, so No. I do have a file area in it but the link would be a PITA to send to you. Please PM me so I can send the you the file.
    edited December 1969

Jade... ya I have Reality 2 as well, but their gonna update it to 4.5 in June. Until then I'm on base DS4P 4.5. things load and save a heck of a lot faster with 4.5

I must admit I have read good things about DS 4.5. I just do not wish to lose my Genesis and Reality set up. Lets just say I only use my Reality for some stuff DAZ's TOS will never let me post, Ever hear of Renderoctica? I do stuff like that for a few people. I get free stuff they get renders, nuff said.
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem with the back of the belt..... even if you just load the belt itself... then play with the parameters like changes to the buckle the back of the belt is sorta morphing with a dip.

edited December 1969

ya I've been posting a few things over there too Jade. Different handle though. :P

edited May 2012

Jaderail said:

Sorry Richard but I use my Broadband provider for everything, so No. I do have a file area in it but the link would be a PITA to send to you. Please PM me so I can send the you the file.

Jaderail just so you know I thought sod it and gave DS 4.5 a go and the same problems are there also. I did make a video I have sent to richard showing whats happening.

Sal.
    EDIT to add render in 4,5, it does morph a lot better in 4.5 but as you can see the problems are still there.

testbelt.jpg
    800 x 800 - 153K
    Post edited by Sal UK on
    edited December 1969

I think it is quite obvious to anyone now that the belt has errors. Be it DS4Pro or the DS 4.5 Beta. Nuff Said....

Would you all please load the cape on a default Genesis and start playing with the morphs. Do it one at a time and push them to the max with the built in morphs. I'm getting poke through in many of the built in morphs. Lets show the DAZ team we know what we are talking about. I'll do some renders of the morphs that get poke through if you will.

Be sure you use a standard Genesis for your testing. After that try different Genesis shapes like V4, M4, V5 and M5. Even freak and other shapes you would use. I'm looking at Mr. Hyde as a test. When you post your renders be sure you list the Morph added to the cape and which Genesis shape it was tested on.

I'm not happy with a product that only works part of the time for part of the users. I paid for these ITEM's and I should get full use like all other users.