Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.1.21! (HOTFIX)

DAZ_VinceDAZ_Vince Posts: 114
edited February 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion

Daz 3D is pleased to announce Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.1.21!

!! IF YOU HAVE NOT UPGRADED TO THE GENERAL RELEASE OF 4.9, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BACKUP YOUR CONTENT DATABASE IN DAZ STUDIO 4.x (E.G., 4.6, 4.7, 4.8) BEFORE LAUNCHING DAZ STUDIO 4.9 !!

How do I backup my User Data in Daz Studio?

!! IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY MIGRATED FROM THE OLDER VALENTINA DB BASED CMS TO THE POSTGRESQL BASED CMS, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DO SO BEFORE LAUNCHING DAZ STUDIO 4.9 !!

Highlights:

• Fixed an issue where migrated products that were installed by Install Manager (or manually) were being marked as being installed by Daz Connect.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented a serial number from being entered while working offline (unless adjacent wizard pages were stepped back/forth after the serial number was entered into the field).
  • Fixed an issue with inaccurate indication of missing file on scene load (some products that are already installed were showing as needing to be installed).
  • Fixed incorrectly removing existing asset records in the database when importing metadata from dsx files.
  • Fixed advanced filter date parsing in smart asset/product views (see Advanced Filtering for more information).
  • Fixed system configuration detection to be the same on 64 bit and 32 bit*
  • Fixed system configuration detection to handle machine accounts with admin privileges*
  • Fixed issues with messaging on failed connections to be more accurate (some occurances incorrectly stated that the username or password were incorrect)
  • Fixed the “Update Metadata” action in context menus for products so that it now forces an update to the metadata cache rather than refreshing from the local cache
  • Fixed the LOCAL USER product image (./resources/images/local-user-product.png was missing)
  • Fixed an issue that could cause multiple unending connection attempts (prevented the application from successfully closing)
  • Fixed an issue where account credentials were not being converted before being handed to Daz Connect (caused login to fail when non-ASCII characters were used)
  • Fixed migration triggers for products where the StoreId is not “DAZ 3D” and/or where the ProductToken is empty

*Note: A "Configuration Changed" message is expected to display for all users that have logged into Daz Connect upon launching this build; until said user has logged into Daz Connect a minimum of one more time; the system configuration detection algorithm changed to resolve differences as noted above, so everyone is impacted. Note that switching between builds provided by the General Release channel and the Public Build channel (and the Private Build channel for those involved in that endeavor) will cause this message to display; until such time that the builds offered through all channels are using the same algorithm.

Important Notes:

• The first time you launch Daz Studio 4.9, any data that exists in the content database is migrated so that it can be used in Daz Studio 4.9.
  • The amount of time the database migration operation takes is proportional to the amount of data to be migrated.
  • The database migration operation does not delete the data that it migrates from the previous location so that it remains accessible by earlier versions and other applications, such as Carrara.
  • Daz Studio 4.9 uses the same PostgreSQL database as Daz Studio 4.6 and later, and/or other applications, such as Carrara.
  • A portion of the data contained within the database is shared amongst versions but not entirely. For example:
    • Creating a category in either Daz Studio 4.9 or 4.8 will cause that category to exist in the other version
    • Assigning a file to that category in Daz Studio 4.9 will NOT cause that file to be assigned to that category in Daz Studio 4.8
    • Assigning a file to that category in Daz Studio 4.8 WILL cause the file to be assigned to the category in Daz Studio 4.9
  • Reseting the database in any version of Daz Studio that uses PostgreSQL (e.g., 4.6 or later) will purge all of data in the database, including any data that may be used by earlier versions or other applications, such as Carrara.
  • After the initial migration operation, edited metadata in Daz Studio 4.8 will not be migrated to Daz Studio 4.9.
    • A workaround is to export User Data from Daz Studio 4.8 and reimport User Data in Daz Studio 4.9.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Frequently Asked Daz Connect Questions:

General Release Thread:

Previous 4.9 Beta Threads:

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

If you had an issue where migration from Daz Studio 4.8 to Daz Studio 4.9 did not migrate your custom categories, or custom data please file a support ticket and explain that this happened to you. We do have a script that we will be handing out on a case by case basis to help recover that data, but it is not for everyone. 

• I installed the recently released BETA 4.9.1.21 hoping that it would have fixed the bugs in the previous Betas. Sadly I am still getting the same problems as before.

Still getting 'Configuration of the system has changed.  To use content installed using Daz Connect, the content owner must re-authenticate.' message when I start the new Beta. It seemed like that was fixed but popped up when I ran 4.9.1.21 for the first time, which seemed sort of ok, cause it was a new version. But no, not fixed.
    Don't have any problem logging on though.

Smart Content is a meta mess since 4.9 (altho I never found it that useful), but I won't go into that because everybody else is screaming about it.

Already filed a ticket.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited February 2016

I did some further testing on the

[    ] input troubles in the DAZ Studio Smart content search field.

It seems indeed that for some reasons it is

not possible in DAZ Studio to use ALT + CONTROL on the keyboard to input symbols.

This may cause some trouble for customers who use other keyboards than US or UK layouts.

Example:

A Swiss German keyboard layout looks like this:

In order to input the bracket symbols

[     ]

you need to hold CTRL + ALT or alternatively AltGr

- - -

In all other programs I tested like windows and internet explorer this works perfectly fine.

Why are CTRL and ALT or AltGr inputs not working in the DAZ Studio Smart Content search field?

- - -

workaround:

Switch temporarily to a UK keyboard input to enter brackets like

[      ]

for search commands like

date::pur::[2011-01-01,2013-01-31]

alternatively:
    “Copy” the search command from a document and
    “Paste” it into the search field.

In windows 10 you can add addtional keyboard input methods in the language preferences:

Control Panel\Clock, Language and Region\Language

- - -

Note: The Y and Z positions are switched as well so you may not want to use the UK kezboard input method all the time.

840px-KB_Swiss_svg.jpg
    Use UK keyboard input to enter search commands v1001.jpg
    language preferences.jpg
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Still getting 'Configuration of the system has changed.  To use content installed using Daz Connect, the content owner must re-authenticate.' message when I start the new Beta. It seemed like that was fixed but popped up when I ran 4.9.1.21 for the first time, which seemed sort of ok, cause it was a new version. But no, not fixed.

Had you run the release build between sessions of the beta? That will cause the system configuration changed message, just as on first launch of the beta.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Is there a Daz Studio "Next" feature request list or something?  Maybe a Poll?  What's coming, at least?  :)  

• Is it too much to ask that I not have to install software updates via Connect?  I'll use it for products if I have to, but the software?  Really?

• Is it too much to ask that I not have to install software updates via Connect?  I'll use it for products if I have to, but the software?  Really?

I must have missed that option; I updated mine via DIM as usual.

• Still getting 'Configuration of the system has changed.  To use content installed using Daz Connect, the content owner must re-authenticate.' message when I start the new Beta. It seemed like that was fixed but popped up when I ran 4.9.1.21 for the first time, which seemed sort of ok, cause it was a new version. But no, not fixed.

Had you run the release build between sessions of the beta? That will cause the system configuration changed message, just as on first launch of the beta.

Of course, I ran both, as I was testing them, looking for changes, improvements. I don't understand why that would change the configuration as they were in isolated locations. Previously, I had searched through the Registry to see if there were any conflicts and didn't find any, and now none. And what configuration exactly has changed? Or is this some DazConnect / database thing?

So, anyhow what can I do to fix this nuisance, or is it, wait for the next bug fix to come out?
    Thanks dear.

Of course, I ran both, as I was testing them, looking for changes, improvements. I don't understand why that would change the configuration as they were in isolated locations. Previously, I had searched through the Registry to see if there were any conflicts and didn't find any, and now none. And what configuration exactly has changed? Or is this some DazConnect / database thing?

So, anyhow what can I do to fix this nuisance, or is it, wait for the next bug fix to come out?
    Thanks dear.

The verification code has been altered to avoid the issues that some people (including me) were having with false change detections, however because it has changed it is no longer compatible with the code in the release version and running one will cause the other to report a change. This will end when the release version is updated to use the new code (assuming no bugs are found requiring further changes, I suppose). Getting a change alert in the public beta after runing the release version is expected and doesn't need a report - getting an alert in the beta without having run the release version, and without having made any system changes, would be unexpected and should be reported.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    Still getting 'Configuration of the system has changed.  To use content installed using Daz Connect, the content owner must re-authenticate.' message when I start the new Beta. It seemed like that was fixed but popped up when I ran 4.9.1.21 for the first time, which seemed sort of ok, cause it was a new version. But no, not fixed.

Thanks dear.

The verification code has been altered to avoid the issues that some people (including me) were having with false change detections, however because it has changed it is no longer compatible with the code in the release version and running one will cause the other to report a change. This will end when the release version is updated to use the new code (assuming no bugs are found requiring further changes, I suppose). Getting a change alert in the public beta after runing the release version is expected and doesn't need a report - getting an alert in the beta without having run the release version, and without having made any system changes, would be unexpected and should be reported.

Correct. Thanks Richard.
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

Will the blue highlight for new content in the Content Library be reinstated with this fix? I installed a pile of Freebies yesterday and that would be sheer hell without that feature to help catagorise them. I'm not moving to 4.9 until Content Library has the functionality (or improved) of 4.8.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited February 2016

It seems you may have missed this from the opening post:

DAZ_Vince said:

Highlights:

• Fixed system configuration detection to be the same on 64 bit and 32 bit*
    • Fixed system configuration detection to handle machine accounts with admin privileges*

*Note: A "Configuration Changed" message is expected to display for all users that have logged into Daz Connect upon launching this build; until said user has logged into Daz Connect a minimum of one more time; the system configuration detection algorithm changed to resolve differences as noted above, so everyone is impacted. Note that switching between builds provided by the General Release channel and the Public Build channel (and the Private Build channel for those involved in that endeavor) will cause this message to display; until such time that the builds offered through all channels are using the same algorithm.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
    3dOutlaw said:

Is there a Daz Studio "Next" feature request list or something?  Maybe a Poll?  What's coming, at least?  :)  

The Change Log is the closest to what you're asking for. It doesn't always contain everything that has been worked on (because sometimes we are not ready for a thing to be public knowledge yet), but it does typically contain quite a bit of information. Advance warning... it can be cryptic and technical.

-Rob

Is it too much to ask that I not have to install software updates via Connect?  I'll use it for products if I have to, but the software?  Really?

Not quite sure what you're referring to. Daz Studio does not currently support installation of plugins (or products that install like plugins) or updates to itself (like Install Manager) via Daz Connect.

-Rob

• rbtwhiz said:

It seems you may have missed this from the opening post:

DAZ_Vince said:

Highlights:

" message is expected to display for all users that have logged into Daz Connect upon launching this build; until said user has logged into Daz Connect a minimum of one more time; the system configuration detection algorithm changed to resolve differences as noted above, so everyone is impacted. Note that switching between builds provided by the General Release channel and the Public Build channel (and the Private Build channel for those involved in that endeavor) will cause this message to display; until such time that the builds offered through all channels are using the same algorithm.

-Rob

Thanks for clairifying that, Rob, Spooky and Richard.

I may not have actually read it completely, as it seemed to me, to be the same stuff y'all have said before. And as you have mentioned, some of it can be cryptic and technical. surprise

I really do appreciate that y'all respond on the Forums to our issues.  kiss

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited February 2016

Still getting Crash to Desktop on DAZ Studio exit. Seems to be related with Iray cleanup routine. The problem occurs just when I render something using Iray. If I do not render or render with 3Delight the error doesn't shows.

Partial crash report:

====================================================================================
    Process:               DAZStudio [7268]
    Path:                  /Applications/DAZ 3D/*/DAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/DAZStudio
    Identifier:            com.DAZ.DAZStudio
    Version:               4.9.1.21 (4.9.1.21)
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           DAZStudio [7268]
    User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2016-02-11 14:25:19.302 -0200
    OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)
    Report Version:        11
    Anonymous UUID:        1448EAF3-0C07-5F7E-444B-EB9956035AEE

Time Awake Since Boot: 54000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: disabled

Crashed Thread:        57

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
    Exception Codes:       KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000129efc4b0
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x129efc4b0:
        MALLOC_LARGE           0000000129d8f000-0000000129dfd000 [  440K] rw-/rwx SM=COW  
    --> VM_ALLOCATE            0000000129e00000-0000000129f00000 [ 1024K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
        mapped file            0000000129f00000-000000012cb48000 [ 44.3M] r-x/rwx SM=COW  

…

Thread 57 Crashed:
    0   ???                               0x0000000129efc4b0 0 + 4998546608
    1   libneuray.so                      0x0000000123138e58 0x121500000 + 29593176
    2   libneuray.so                      0x000000012334cf4a 0x121500000 + 31772490
    3   libneuray.so                      0x00000001231632c9 0x121500000 + 29766345
    4   libneuray.so                      0x000000012160bd97 0x121500000 + 1097111
    5   libneuray.so                      0x0000000123203878 0x121500000 + 30423160
    6   libsystem_pthread.dylib           0x00007fff8863fc13 _pthread_body + 131
    7   libsystem_pthread.dylib           0x00007fff8863fb90 _pthread_start + 168
    8   libsystem_pthread.dylib           0x00007fff8863d375 thread_start + 13

Thread 57 crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
      rax: 0x000000012cb4cee0  rbx: 0x000000014fe3daf0  rcx: 0x0000150000001500  rdx: 0x0000000000000000
      rdi: 0x000000014fe3f0e0  rsi: 0x0000150000001603  rbp: 0x0000700000ee7e30  rsp: 0x0000700000ee7e08
       r8: 0x0000000124151260   r9: 0x00000000000c9316  r10: 0x0000000124151268  r11: 0xffffffff00000000
      r12: 0x00000000000008ff  r13: 0x00000000000121cb  r14: 0x000000010914b130  r15: 0x000000010914b180
      rip: 0x0000000129efc4b0  rfl: 0x0000000000010202  cr2: 0x0000000129efc4b0

Logical CPU:     7
    Error Code:      0x00000014
    Trap Number:     1

=====================================================================================

I will submit a support ticket.

Post edited by MBusch on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    MBusch said:

Still getting Crash to Desktop on DAZ Studio exit. Seems to be related with Iray cleanup routine. The problem occurs just when I render something using Iray. If I do not render or render with 3Delight the error doesn't shows.

Doing a quick look...there seems to be 2 common causes for that error.  Bad RAM and software.  If it's Iray related (which it seems to be) and most other Mac users aren't having that particular crash, then it's time to suspect RAM.

mjc1016 said:
    MBusch said:

Doing a quick look...there seems to be 2 common causes for that error.  Bad RAM and software.  If it's Iray related (which it seems to be) and most other Mac users aren't having that particular crash, then it's time to suspect RAM.

Maybe, but before version 4.9.x it was working fine. None other application is presenting errors. I tested RAM with TechTool Pro and it doesn't point any problem, while I know taht is not the best indicator. Anyway, all seems working fine. My renders are finishing as expected, and apart from some problems with the database, DAZ Studio on overall is working fine. As the crash just occurs at the end of the exit process, and just when I worked with Iray, my clue is that it is something with the cleanup procedure. I will make a test witout plug-ins, which is something I think can be the issue.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

What causes a product to disappear from Daz Connect? I discovered this missing product (Just Josh for G3M) when I opened a saved scene and got a missing files error. I know it used to be there, because the files are still in the Daz Connect cloud file system on my disk from a previous installation in an earlier 4.9 beta. But the product doesn't show up in my Content Library or in Smart Content at all. I carefully made sure that I have "All" selected on the left and at the bottom, I don't have Filter by Context checked, I looked in both the top colored installed list and the lower gray available list. I did Daz Connect>Update Metadata. I refreshed the J section of the Content Library. It just is not there. (I think I reset the database sometime after the original Just Josh installation, so I would expect the product to show up in Available if I hadn't reinstalled it yet.) It is still shown in My Account Product Library, so Daz knows I own it.

Prior to this, Real Hands product was missing. I wrote a help request and customer service "cleared my cache". That made Real Hands show up. Did that make Just Josh disappear? I wonder if I am missing other products now.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    MBusch said:
    mjc1016 said:
    MBusch said:

Maybe, but before version 4.9.x it was working fine. None other application is presenting errors. I tested RAM with TechTool Pro and it doesn't point any problem, while I know taht is not the best indicator. Anyway, all seems working fine. My renders are finishing as expected, and apart from some problems with the database, DAZ Studio on overall is working fine. As the crash just occurs at the end of the exit process, and just when I worked with Iray, my clue is that it is something with the cleanup procedure. I will make a test witout plug-ins, which is something I think can be the issue.

I'll use my machine as an example...

If I don't go in to the BIOS and manually force the RAM to run at a certain speed, half my RAM will disappear or I will get all sorts of errors only in some programs...and even that, only certain versions of some programs.  But manually set to run at the slower speed, everything is perfect.  RAM is a finicky thing and really is the cause of a bunch of odd/difficult to track down errors.  .

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

I get errors like this in my log file:

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): recv failed errno=10054
    WARNING: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x89 0x50

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I'm not interested in Cloud, Connect or DRM; discounting that, I'm not seeing any issues with 4.9. Indeed it renders very slightly faster over some. It is supposed to be slower when using Subsurface Scattering, but I can't say I'm seeing this. So for general use, is a good upgrade.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited February 2016

Does someone know, many genesis follower items of Products which saved as file type  "scene_subset" "scene" ,and "character"

can not "fit to" when you load items by doublie clicking with select genesis in current DS?

1. Load and select genesis.

2 load hair ( Aldira hair,  Chelsea genesis,Duke hair, Hitomy Rings hair, Orion hair,,,,,,)

or wardlobe, etc which file-type  not set as  wearable preset.

( you can check File-type (not meta data "type") by, smart content >info section)

I seldom use Drug and Drop items, to load assets and fit to Actor,

I usually simply just double click items then, these items have  fit to Actor.

But at current,, (then I do not remember, when DAZ change the way.  ,because, when DAZ offer wearable preest,those items which saved as character,, subest,, etc,,and offered user face files,

to load product,,  could  "fit to"  when I load them by double clicking with selection Actor.

If it has changed by this ds 4.9 version ,with DAZ new meta-data ?

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited February 2016

I am see the same behaivor.

Post edited by MBusch on
  • 3Ddreamer said:

Will the blue highlight for new content in the Content Library be reinstated with this fix? I installed a pile of Freebies yesterday and that would be sheer hell without that feature to help catagorise them. I'm not moving to 4.9 until Content Library has the functionality (or improved) of 4.8.

I whole-heartedly second these sentiments.  Please someone from DAZ comment on this.

• Mari-Anne said:
    3Ddreamer said:

I whole-heartedly second these sentiments.  Please someone from DAZ comment on this.

No, the change from the old New flagging system to the group-based system was deliberate. Though I don't understand the apaprently inconsistent results you are seeing, so that may be something that will be fixed.

Since freebies don't have metadata at all I would suggest isntalling to a separate content directory, then move them into your real content directory once you know they work and you want to keep them.

New build (4.9.1.25). New thread.

-Rob

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited February 2016
    Mari-Anne said:
    3Ddreamer said:

No, the change from the old New flagging system to the group-based system was deliberate. Though I don't understand the apaprently inconsistent results you are seeing, so that may be something that will be fixed.

Since freebies don't have metadata at all I would suggest isntalling to a separate content directory, then move them into your real content directory once you know they work and you want to keep them.

If I understand the group-based system correctly, it works the opposite from how the old "new" tag system worked in that you yourself have to find the new items and mark them as new.  That sounds so silly I know I must be misunderstanding the intent??

Post edited by Mari-Anne on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Mari-Anne said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    3Ddreamer said:

If I understand the group-based system correctly, it works the opposite from how the old "new" tag system worked in that you yourself have to find the new items and mark them as new.  That sounds so silly I know I must be misunderstanding the intent??

No, it hould be auto-tagging them as new AFAIK, but I'm not sure if it works the same way for all the different installation methods.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited February 2016
    Mari-Anne said:
    Mari-Anne said:
    3Ddreamer said:

No, it hould be auto-tagging them as new AFAIK, but I'm not sure if it works the same way for all the different installation methods.

But if I understood Richard correctly, he just said the auto-tagging as New was not included as a feature in 4.9.  Instead, the Group designation was created?  I am really confused.

Post edited by Mari-Anne on