SUPPORT 3D ART

ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
edited September 2012 in The Commons

This is my submittion for a contest that its held by Deimos Comics...

The contest is a character design concept of Aphrodite (the Greek Goddess) which is going to declare Aphrodite's look in his comic book named "Theoktonia".

It is a money contest, as well, which the community will choose the winner (according to the popularity of voting...)
to be honest with you i hate such contests cause they are not fair...usually the winner is whoever has a lot of friends or whoever thinks that its righteous to spent all night making fake accounts for one vote...

but i will participate....for numerous reasons (money at these hard times for Greece is a great one!!!)..

so im asking this...please vote for my work only if you think i deserve your vote!

It is a great opportunity for me to prove that "poser based - 3d" work is able to stand equally besides other ways of work (hand drawn, or digitally illustrated)

thank you for reading this

"ADDITIONAL INFO ON THIS IMAGE..: You can see in the Background Zeus and Hera watching the Genesis of Aphrodite"...

HERE IS THE INFO FOR THE CONTEST

http://deimosfanthology.com/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&view=category&catid=2&Itemid=224

Post edited by ISIKOL on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited December 1969

I couldn't agree more and based on the number of votes from some of the other entry's, it's obvious it is by popularity and not skill and quality. Also having to register or login to vote shows even more bias and being unfair. I am a huge fan of your work, have several images of yours in my favs at deviantart, so best of luck and hope you win.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

THANKS Michael!

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,748
    edited December 1969

I would feel sorry for the comic creator if he had to go by the voting tally...some of those others are pretty bad.
    You definitely should have top spot.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    I would feel sorry for the comic creator if he had to go by the voting tally...some of those others are pretty bad.
    You definitely should have top spot.

thank you so much Ron and everybody who will support me :)

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I am sorry, some vote numbers there seem 'fishy' - no offense to Poseidon's territory.

Tastes definitely differ a lot though ... I don't like fish for example ... so going with Isikol's submission here, simply because I think it is the best submission.

Best of luck :)

• ArchWorksArchWorks Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

will be voting for you!! I hope you win and good luck!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

There does seem to be some vote collusion going on there, the darkneo pics should not have that many votes. But your Aphrodite is definitely in legitimate competition with 2 others for that top spot. Best of luck!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    This is my submittion for a contest that its held by Deimos Comics...

The contest is a character design concept of Aphrodite (the Greek Goddess) which is going to declare Aphrodite's look in his comic book named "Theoktonia".

It is a money contest, as well, which the community will choose the winner (according to the popularity of voting...)
    to be honest with you i hate such contests cause they are not fair...usually the winner is whoever has a lot of friends or whoever thinks that its righteous to spent all night making fake accounts for one vote...

but i will participate....for numerous reasons (money at these hard times for Greece is a great one!!!)..

so im asking this...please vote for my work only if you think i deserve your vote!

It is a great opportunity for me to prove that "poser based - 3d" work is able to stand equally besides other ways of work (hand drawn, or digitally illustrated)

thank you for reading this

"ADDITIONAL INFO ON THIS IMAGE..: You can see in the Background Zeus and Hera watching the Genesis of Aphrodite"...

HERE IS THE INFO FOR THE CONTEST

http://deimosfanthology.com/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&view=category&catid=2&Itemid=224

Beautiful render