Where is the Joint Editor Tool in D/S 3.1

BagboyBagboy Posts: 170

Hello again!

Hopefully this is an easy one.

I cannot find the Joint Editor Tool in D/S 3.1.2.32 Advanced Edition (64-bit).

I've tried reinstalling a couple of times and still can't find it. (Yes, I let it uninstall the previous versions each time).

Does this not work for the Advanced Edition?

Also would like to find a Figure Setup Tools User Guide pdf. The link at the store page doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks much for any aid!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you go to Edit > Customize (F3), and look in the right hand pane under Classic, then Toolbars, and then select Tools and right click to enable the tool bar, Apply and Accept. The toolbar has the Joint Editor Tool on it (Alt+Shift+J).

I have found this link for you from the FST (Figure Setup Tools) readme in the DS3 folder:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/figuresetuptools/start

• BagboyBagboy Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

If you go to Edit > Customize (F3), and look in the right hand pane under Classic, then Toolbars, and then select Tools and right click to enable the tool bar, Apply and Accept. The toolbar has the Joint Editor Tool on it (Alt+Shift+J).

I have found this link for you from the FST (Figure Setup Tools) readme in the DS3 folder:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/figuresetuptools/start

Thanks JimmyC!

I can follow as far as the "right click to enable the tool bar". There doesn't seem to be an enable option, unless I miss your meaning (or otherwise went off track somewhere). If I "Add Toolbar", it seems to just add a new listing with no content.

Thanks also for the link, but the link to the PDF leads to a "404 Not found." Right click-save link saves a blank or defective pdf.

Customize_DAZ_Studio.png
    608 x 627 - 31K
    edited September 2012

Come to think of it, none of the Figure Setup Tools seem to be there. Neither the Property Editor, Poser CR2 Exporter, Skeleton Setup, et al.

A head scratcher. I must not have installed it correctly.

Post edited by Bagboy on
    edited December 1969

Select the toolbar that you want, Tool, right click on it when it is selected, and you should get a pop-up that says 'Enable Toolbar'

I will look into the PDF thing for you as well.

Untitled-1.jpg
    552 x 306 - 30K
    edited December 1969
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Firstly go to Help > About Installed Plug-ins and see if you Figure Set up Tools are enabled. I think from memeory you need to put the FST Serail number in to all the other parts of the Figure Setup Tool package. What I mean by that is use the FST serail for CR2 and Skeleton etc. Confusing yes but hey what isn't these days. :)

edited September 2012

If you look in the Customize menu, on the left-hand side, you will see all the FST items. I don;t know how you get them all across in one go, but you can drag individual items across, and put them in the Toolbars pane on the right hand side.

You could create a new toolbar just for the FST stuff I think.

EDIT:

Thanks Pete, I should have mentioned that :)

Untitled-2.jpg
    622 x 848 - 88K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Select the toolbar that you want, Tool, right click on it when it is selected, and you should get a pop-up that says 'Enable Toolbar'

I will look into the PDF thing for you as well.

Thanks again! Hmm, I don't seem to have a "Classic" listing like you do. Just for kicks I enabled the Toolbar under Content, but that didn't do the trick.

I checked my Plugin directory under DAZ 3, and the dll's for all the Figure Setup Tools seem to be there, if that is indeed what is pertinent here.

Toolbars.png
    608 x 627 - 24K
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Firstly go to Help > About Installed Plug-ins and see if you Figure Set up Tools are enabled. I think from memeory you need to put the FST Serail number in to all the other parts of the Figure Setup Tool package. What I mean by that is use the FST serail for CR2 and Skeleton etc. Confusing yes but hey what isn't these days. :)

Okay! This seems to be the problem!

Hmm, I've purchased FST, but it isn't listed among my Serial numbers.

But that's another topic.

Thanks a lot Szark!

edited December 1969

Thanks! The vids work for me too, and are indeed helpful.

edited September 2012

Here is a link to a PDF by Chris Schell which may help too:

www.schells.ca/ConformingItemswithDaz.pdf

I have serials in Available Serail Numbers for both FST and FST Advanced, you would need to contact Support at the top of the page.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Bagboy said:
    Szark said:

Thanks a lot Szark!Yes as Jimmy said use the DS3 Serial numbers and if there are not in your Account page under "Mt Serial Numbers" under the heading Figure Setup Tools then you need to open a support tickets directed to Sales.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,665
    edited December 1969

Remember that the serial numbers area may be split across several pages now - several people have been caught by that.

edited December 1969

Here is a link to a PDF by Chris Schell which may help too:

www.schells.ca/ConformingItemswithDaz.pdf

I have serials in Available Serail Numbers for both FST and FST Advanced, you would need to contact Support at the top of the page.

Terrific! Thanks!

Yes, I've contacted Support and am awaiting response. Hope they are quick to respond.

Thanks again! When the serial number is resolved I'll have your other instructions to get the FST working.

edited September 2012

Remember that the serial numbers area may be split across several pages now - several people have been caught by that.

D'oh! I was caught by that!

And, there it is!

Hmm, how do you tell Support "never mind".

Thanks Richard!

Post edited by Bagboy on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Bagboy said:
    Szark said:

Thanks a lot Szark!

Yes as Jimmy said use the DS3 Serial numbers and if there are not in your Account page under "Mt Serial Numbers" under the heading Figure Setup Tools then you need to open a support tickets directed to Sales.

Thanks again, Szark. I found it with Richard's help!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Find your ticket and cancel it. Use the same process as you did to make the report, and on the top line you will see a tab that says "Check your existing requests" Add to that ticket.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Find your ticket and cancel it. Use the same process as you did to make the report, and on the top line you will see a tab that says "Check your existing requests" Add to that ticket.

Thanks Chohole! It worked just as you described!

edited September 2012

Bagboy said:

Hmm, how do you tell Support "never mind".

Just go to the ticket and close/resolve it. Sorry been a long time since I submitted a ticket but there should be a button to close the ticket.

EDIT Sorry for being tooooooooo slow. LOL

Arrr the muttiple page thingy strikes again.

Post edited by Szark on