GenX and DSF Toolbox Updates for DS 4.5

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

{{{{{{{{{{VERY BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}}
    You are definitely a vendor I can recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much D3D!! :)

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Very many thanks to D3D (and Daz) for the update for GenX.

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

I tried using the capability of picking up the morphs from an existing figure as per the instructions.

I was trying to transfer across the Clown Clan jester head with an extreme expression on it and the result was a bit of a mess.

Is this a too extreme case to be able to convert?

g03a-99x.jpg
    246 x 270 - 10K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the Update, now I have everything together in DS4.5 what I need :)

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited September 2012

THX, finally... :red:

Now it's waiting time on dazstudio 5 Power Animation. ;-P

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Quick silly question, do I install GenX in DAZ Studio or with Genesis?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited September 2012

It's a Plug in, so in the Application's folder.

I've got a question too. Rather an off the wall one.

Over on Rendo Ironman13 has a couple of morph packs for V4 that are Poser only (one of them uses Poser magnets, I don't know about the other). Is there any way to get those morphs into Studio and translated to Genesis? I do have a copy of Poser, no idea of how to use it, but it ought to be possible to load a clean copy of V4 and whatever morphs are required (probably Morphs++), inject the morph pack and do the magnets and save it. But would the modified figure even translate? Is there some way to save it that would cross over into Studio so GenX can get at it?

ETA: The 2nd pack uses PMDs. Evidently Studio doesn't recognize those the way Poser does.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

But what about the add-on packs?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

All the add-on packs were in my account today :)

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

luxgabu: I would need a side by side image of the original morph and the transferred morph to get an idea what might have gone wrong. Please note that the new feature only gets the morph values from the figure in the scene. You still have to inject morphs (like the custom head morph from Clown Clan) into GenX directly by using the INJ pose.

BurstAngel: GenX is a plugin for DAZ Studio. The GenX installer should propose the correct installation path (where DS is installed).

JOdel: GenX transfers morphs only, no magnets. I have not much experience with Poser magnets in DS, but it's possible to load them directly in DS. To transfer magnets for V4 to Genesis, it would be possible to convert the magnets to morphs in Poser (e.g. with my free Spawn FBM script), then transfer them with GenX. But this might be some work, in particular if the magnets are controlled by the pose.

JOdel: GenX doesn't support PMD morph injections. You may inject the morphs in Poser, then save the figure with the injected morphs as a new CR2 that can be loaded by GenX.

BurstAngel: The Gen3 add-ons would still work with the new version of GenX, but they have been updated as well to support the improved morph transfer.

edited December 1969

Kuroyume has something called MorphExchange that puts pmd back into the files ...
    http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/poser/freebies/

edited December 1969

I have no official confirmation yet, but the readme page for DSF Toolbox is live and claims that the product has been updated for DS 4.5, so I guess the new version will be available for download as well.

New features in DSF Toolbox 1.1 are:
    1. Option to create files in DS 4.0 or DS 4.5 file format.
    2. Support of compressed DSF / DUF files (when reading and writing files).
    3. New tab to (de)compress DSF and DUF files. This allows to change compression quickly for single files (e.g. to edit them in a text editor) or whole folders (e.g. to save disk space).

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited September 2012

Just reset before bed here, I can confirm it's updated! YAY!!!

Ah, I see... DAZ is finally getting around to using zips for Win & Mac together. Even better! Download the 4.5 file zip. It's all in there.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

Thank you!! Sometimes it gets confusing. Love this plugin!

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited September 2012

Dimension3D -

Very excited bout the prospects of your products.

A couple of questions:

If I purchase GenerationX.and the Genesis Generation 3 Add on bundle, could I use head morph sets (like that available from Predatron) to add new head morphs to M3 and then apply those new morphs to Genesis?

And if so, could these morphs be applied/blended with any Genesis figure or if Predatron's morphs were for M3, could they only be applied to a Genesis figure set to its M3 morph?

Will this work in conjunction with Texture Converter 2?

Will this work in Carrara 8.5?

And finally, can you tell us if you'll be involved in this month's PA sale or is that secret info? :coolhmm:

Thanks for any info.

Post edited by Mosk the Scribe on
    edited December 1969

GenX may transfer any morph from one of the supported figures to Genesis. So, with the M3 add-on for GenX and the M3 base shape for Genesis, you can have any shape for M3 also on Genesis.

Because the morphs are transferred relative to the shape of the original figure, the morph only has the same shape when Genesis was morphed to the shape of that original figure before. Of course, you can nonetheless blend the morphs with any other Genesis morphs, however results may vary.

GenX doesn't have anything to do with textures. So if you get a texture to Genesis with TC2, you can use it with morphs transferred by GenX.

I don't know if or how well Genesis works with Carrara 8.5. GenX creates regular morphs for Genesis, so you can use them with any application that supports Genesis and its morphs.

If I were to be involved in the PA sale, I should know, so I think I'm not.

edited December 1969

luxgabu: I would need a side by side image of the original morph and the transferred morph to get an idea what might have gone wrong. Please note that the new feature only gets the morph values from the figure in the scene. You still have to inject morphs (like the custom head morph from Clown Clan) into GenX directly by using the INJ pose.

OK, here is an example:

on the right

M4 +base +morphs++ +jesterbody +jesterhead

those morphs also dragged to genx pane then:

'get values from figure' 'transfer on for nonzero' 'create single morph' 'transfer'

but when created genx morph applied to genesis figure base +male +M4, I get the figure on the left which shows some strange changes to the body only

I am obviously doing something wrong, but what?

m4test.jpg
    922 x 1000 - 164K
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:

OK, here is an example:

on the right

M4 +base +morphs++ +jesterbody +jesterhead

those morphs also dragged to genx pane then:

'get values from figure' 'transfer on for nonzero' 'create single morph' 'transfer'

but when created genx morph applied to genesis figure base +male +M4, I get the figure on the left which shows some strange changes to the body only

I am obviously doing something wrong, but what?

I think on Genesis you should turn off the base male morph. When I use the V4 morphs I've converted, I only need to dial up the V4 genesis figure.

edited December 1969

'Fraid not:

genx morph applied to base genesis +M4 still gives a similar result - slight changes to the chest area, no changes to the head

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Look for the jesterhead only dial. I get that when i use custom head morphs. And when i use it for V4, it's the same for me as riftwitch, I only access the victoria 4 dial and leave the female one alone.

edited September 2012

luxgabu:
    JOdel: GenX doesn't support PMD morph injections. You may inject the morphs in Poser, then save the figure with the injected morphs as a new CR2 that can be loaded by GenX.

Huh. That might be worth it. It's a nice package that gives the figure nice visible knuckles, and bones in the hands and feet. Would like to get that into a dial in Studio. The other package with the magnets is probably a dead loss, unless one can save the that modified figure as a cr2 from Poser.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited September 2012

Sorry, inadvertant duplicate post.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

luxgabu: If hardly anything changes, either some morphs were not loaded correctly into GenX, or some values were not set. After loading and applying everything into GenX, use the morph list to verify all morphs are loaded, selected, and have the correct value.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    luxgabu:

Huh. That might be worth it. It's a nice package that gives the figure nice visible knuckles, and bones in the hands and feet. Would like to get that into a dial in Studio. The other package with the magnets is probably a dead loss, unless one can save the that modified figure as a cr2 from Poser.

Kuroyume's free MorphExchange to put pmd into a cr2 or hr2 or pp2 or ...

And Ockham's python script for spawning morph targets from magnets (I hope it works in your Poser version):
    http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/
    (search for Save Mag Morphs)

If that doesn't work:
    http://www.drgeep.com/p6/morphs/morphs.htm

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

D3D:

Thank you for the update for the DSF Toolbox.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    JOdel said:
    luxgabu:

And Ockham's python script for spawning morph targets from magnets (I hope it works in your Poser version):
    http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/
    (search for Save Mag Morphs)

If that doesn't work:
    http://www.drgeep.com/p6/morphs/morphs.htm

Flagged them. But that first is only for Windows. I use a Mac.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Kerya said:

Flagged them. But that first is only for Windows. I use a Mac.

The MorphExchange tool, while stating it is for Windows is actually a Java jar file, which will start on Mac OS X. Just double click the JAR file (coffee cup icon) within the extracted directory. Tested on Mac OS X 10.7.4 Lion.

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

Before I buy it, let me ask: now that it's been updated, I assume GenX cannot be used in DS 4.0 any more?

edited December 1969

When I reset my download for GenX, I am getting the files for DS4 and for DS4.5.
    The same for the GenX Addon for Gen3