Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited September 2012

RawArt said:
    Not sure if he is beautiful...but.........

(opps...sorry...no teeth textures yet LOL )

I like it!

Is it me or does the scar I am guessing under his eye looks like the square and compass of freemasonry or a David star

http://www.richardcassaro.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Square-And-Compass-Freemason-Symbols-300x281.jpg

http://www.tndemolay.org/_Media/square__compass_bw_med.jpeg

Lots of great renders everyone.

Not sure if this fits here either but what ever

Original here http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2364943

And Here http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2357014&user_id=424381&np;&np;

and one more http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2332129&user_id=424381&np;&np;

display_2332129.jpg
    700 x 989 - 132K
    display_2357014.jpg
    700 x 436 - 93K
    display_2364943.jpg
    700 x 991 - 294K
    Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
    edited September 2012

sorry for double post

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

I posted this last week, another Smacky image. You can download her character INJ/REMs for Victoria 4 on my deviantArt page too.

(image is giant, hopefully it will be automatically resized)

eww_finalJPG_darker.jpg
    1633 x 1500 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Shes gorgeous

• Angel1359Angel1359 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Urban Warrior 12

Urban_Warrior12e.jpg
    900 x 900 - 142K
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Released my first freebie, a dial spun morph for Genesis. Currently only works in 4.5
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7634/

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

I posted this last week, another Smacky image. You can download her character INJ/REMs for Victoria 4 on my deviantArt page too.

(image is giant, hopefully it will be automatically resized)

"Was this your pet Oops! My bad." :red:
    Great scene! I did a few test renders with Smacky a while back, but nothing that did her justice yet. I need to get back on that...
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Here's a recent render I did using Benjamin textures (but not the morphs, which are a combination of various shapes, including Ethnicity: African). The base is M5. The pants are from Traje De Luces, edited down and recoloured to make them more elfy, with a belt added. Studio 4.5/Reality/Luxrender.

strange_signs.jpg
    968 x 1440 - 405K
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Thanks John and Slimer, sorry for the delay in responding but I wasn't getting thread notices. Slimer, if you ever do make a Smacky pic that you feel is worthy of posting, please let me know!

Glad to see this thread still alive with new freebies and images. :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Inaneglory's Photostudio 3 lights and Reciecup's Naeima texture on Genesis

IGRed.jpg
    848 x 1148 - 411K
    edited December 1969

While it could probably stand to have a better description, more hair added to the list. Also, added another lighting tutorial.

Requisite art post: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2368490&user_id=733323&np;&np;

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited November 2012

This one just got an Honorable Mention in the PlatClub's 9/20 Inspirations Contest. The little girl's texture is Candace, her face is 0.50 each of the African Female B and C morphs from Ethnicity for Genesis, and her hair is AprilYSH's Evan. IMHO the movement morphs in the hair were key to the running girl's realism, and were essential to making the render work.

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

GiS: History Field Trip

GiS_History_Field_Trip_x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 909K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Heh, cute pic. Seems perfectly timed since some new freebies for kids/toons was added to the list.

edited December 1969

Added RawArt's VooDoo to the first post. Also manually date stamping updates since the forum doesn't do that with edits.

New art: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2373455

edited December 1969

Guess this one fits in here.

priestess.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 452K
    edited December 1969

'Ooooo' scorpio64dragon she is stunning.....details please if you remember....:red:

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Completely agree that is a stunning render.

edited December 1969

Thank you both.
    She's mainly based of one of Sabby's Genesis Faces 2,
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/genesis-faces-2-by-sabby/95380
    Heres the rest

Capture1.JPG
    248 x 479 - 34K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Inaneglory's Photostudio 3 lights and Reciecup's Naeima texture on Genesis

Hot-NESS!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Also beautiful voodoo queen based on the VooDoo character from Rawnart, Scorp! Good stuff!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited October 2012

The first pass at an idea I had that wouldn't leave me alone. This is just the preliminary setup; even with the forum able to cope with larger images, the final one is too long for here.

From left to right:
    - Smacky by Snow Sultan, GenX'd, a combination of both her A4 and V4 morphs (pure A4 eyes in a mostly realistic texture look really strange to me) and also the +15 head from the V4 Maturing Morph Pack (also GenX'd) by Tempest to make Smacky look like the oldest; wearing leather jacket by Smay, GeniTanktop by Silverelf, BO Outrage jeans, WM Cowboy boots, and Romana Hair by SWAM; gun from the Stalker Girl set by Smay;
    - Tyrese M5 Hero, Marcelo head (... mostly) by JS Graphics/Male-M3dia/ForbiddenWhispers, wearing DZheng everything (except the glasses, which are the ancient DAZ morphing glasses);
    - Shanti V5 by Adam Thwaites, wearing the Doctor Professional shirt and skirt from DAZ, Sickleyield Classics suit jacket, PB Ballerina flats, and purse from the Summer Dress set by DAZ; gun from the Stalker Girl set by Smay

Oh, and Fabricator used with wild abandon on everything the women are wearing except the leather jacket, I think. (I'm not entirely sure Shanti's clothes quite "go", if you see what I mean, but nobody ever said I had an eye for women's clothes.)

The final version of this is on my deviantArt page (and is actually an entirely worksafe image! imagine!)

EDIT: Also, it occurred to me that a touch of context might be needed for some who, alas, may not remember all the sheer fabulosity (or who may not have been around for it)
    - Context the first (and also this -- I'm kind of shocked that's online, actually)
    - Context the second

getloveunlimited-01.png
    1204 x 872 - 1M
    Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9259/
    Updated the first post and it's actually a male character :O

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2012

Nice renders, everyone! :-)

Mixed together almost everything I've got. Here's the result:

Genesis shapes and characters used: A3, S3, S4, S5, V3, V4, V5, Basic Female, Basic Child, Faerie (Creature Creator Bundle), Addison, Candace, Keira, Naoki, RileyS5, Feminine Touch, Valea’s Summer, Priestess, BenjaminM5, JamesM5

Other products used: Gabi (lighting), Supersuit, Supersuit Fantasy Pack, Andromedas Legend, Light Dome Pro (backdrop), Pure Hair Bubblegum, V4 Elite Natasha

mixchar1d.jpg
    618 x 800 - 250K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Nice renders, everyone! :-)

Mixed together almost everything I've got. Here's the result:

Genesis shapes and characters used: A3, S3, S4, S5, V3, V4, V5, Basic Female, Basic Child, Faerie (Creature Creator Bundle), Addison, Candace, Keira, Naoki, RileyS5, Feminine Touch, Valea’s Summer, Priestess, BenjaminM5, JamesM5

Other products used: Gabi (lighting), Supersuit, Supersuit Fantasy Pack, Andromedas Legend, Light Dome Pro (backdrop), Pure Hair Bubblegum, V4 Elite Natasha

WOW!!! Fantastic.....Can I just ask have you got a 32bit or 64 bit PC?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2012

Thank you! It's 64 bit. But otherwise, it's pretty crappy: single core, 3GB RAM, 1.6 GHz.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited October 2012

Thank you! It's 64 bit. But otherwise, it's pretty crappy: single core, 3GB RAM, 1.6 GHz.

That does it then for me, because I know that since upgrading too the 4.5 pro version on my 32 bit PC, I seem to be having more fatal error crashes without even using a quarter of the figures that you used to make your render. And my 32bit Pc is suppose to be a QUAD core pc.. Mind you when I purchased my PC I had no idea about the 3D world..............

Post edited by Angel1359 on
  • nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Hey.

Thanks for this post. I followed some of the links to great characters, and purchased a couple.

I have a question, for anyone with experience with Daz3D's Elite Texture Marie. I've tried installing it several times, but am confused by the number of installer files.

3 of them are, I now think, only for Carrara, and shouldn't be installed for Studio 4.5.

2 others are label 1 & 2, and they install fine, but there is at least one additional installer, that also calls itself the "install program" for Marie.

I had some very bizarre texture things happening when, being new and not knowing any better, I installed all the above, and texture-chaos ensued!

I've since reinstalled, just the non-Carrara files, and ignored the EHSS, because Studio 4 already has the HSS, but it's still not right.

Now, I get an error msg about Elite shapes/Utopian not being found, although the product-page says only Morphs++ is required.

Any thoughts?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,214
    edited December 1969

Sounds as if the requirements may be wrong - that's not unknown. You should be able to use the materials without the morph, and create your own shape with the morphs you do have, or you can ask for a refund or buy the Elite shapes.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard,

I'm not opposed to getting the Elite shapes, and have used the texture separately; it looks natural enough. I do wonder what the Elite morph shape/head look like, since I paid for that character, but I can sculpt one myself with the other morph packages. I've not yet tried Marie texture on Genesis with V4 shapes, where I have the most morph options, but getting just that Marie face may take a bit of doing...

The other side of my question is on the installers and which ones to use.

I purchased another Elite Texture, Natasha, that comes with only one installer. Marie comes with six; both come with EHSS, which I'm told I don't need. Am I losing something of the Elite Texture quality by not using EHSS? Should I apply HSS, instead? Never done that.

Overall, I have found the textures learning curve to be the steepest. Some of the learning is just not intuitive; no way to make an educated guess, and I've spent a lot of time trying this/trying that.

When I mentioned texture chaos, I wasn't kidding. At one point, and I have the screenshot, I got the entire Marie eye texture file wrapped around my figure, including promotional logos, just pasted on there like that was a skin map! It showed up on a previously saved scene that was perfect when I saved it.

That had nothing to do with any action I'd taken, but it was after installing all six Marie installers. Beyond weird. I may have learned a little since then, but not enough to KNOW I'm installing the product correctly. Like a brief readme document is too much to expect for a thirty dollar product.

Three attempts to run this basic Elite Textures Marie installer question past Daz technical support have generated no response at all, which makes no sense,, and I believe my thirty day refund option has meanwhile expired. At this point, for some reason of their own, tech support has taken a no-response stance, verey unprofessional. So, I turn to the folks on the forum as the real experts.

Does anyone who has used Elite Textures Marie successfully, know which installers are for Daz Studio?