Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial]

Comments

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited November 2012

Glad you are ok Cath, Sandy sounds terrifying.

Looking forward to the windows beta, when ever it's ready :-)

Post edited by shaaelia on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Hi Guys, I am just back from 5 days of cold and darkness thanks to Hurricane Sandy , the hell is over
    I hope I never make it again ... I take break until Monday as a lot of stuff have to be done before I can run everything again .. just in case you wondered why I was quiet ...

good you came out ok
    be safe

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guys, I still sit by my radiator trying to get the cold from my bones
    everything in my house is electric so I was not lucky this time but at last I am back and safe and that counts !
    Going to do some work tonight and relax with testing , as I need to warp my mind around something else now .. to much drama

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Glad your OK Cath. Scary for allot of folks. XO

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Glad you're ok - I still don't know how all my family & friends back there fared. The windows version of GE is out! I've got company the next several days so don't know if I'll get a chance to try it yet.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guys

yes the Windows beta is out !!!! so grab a copy if you get a chance , the Zbrush users will get familiar with it quick
    in the next week I will make some videos for sure for some tips also you know in my simple ways ..

Out of Topic:

it is so quiet today, no cars no people everyone vanished sitting under radiators after 5 days of blackout and cold
    btw my home plans did not survived the cold ..it was a lot of ground water from the sea in the basements around and couple of fallen trees and flying roofs but the community collapsed after the power go off and no food and water and no gas , the whole civilization is all in a power outlet , no power and we are back in a stone age ... my friends living outside the city still have no power and it is not yet over as the coastline is in a very bad condition at this moment , I am glad I moved from Long Beach New York , it could be worse for me as it already was , but I am lucky ground sea water did not reach my place , and it was just 20 feet away from disaster , for me it was more mentally and physically horror , but now I am good

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Thanks Guys

yes the Windows beta is out !!!! so grab a copy if you get a chance , the Zbrush users will get familiar with it quick
    in the next week I will make some videos for sure for some tips also you know in my simple ways ..

Out of Topic:

it is so quiet today, no cars no people everyone vanished sitting under radiators after 5 days of blackout and cold
    btw my home plans did not survived the cold ..it was a lot of ground water from the sea in the basements around and couple of fallen trees and flying roofs but the community collapsed after the power go off and no food and water and no gas , the whole civilization is all in a power outlet , no power and we are back in a stone age ... my friends living outside the city still have no power and it is not yet over as the coastline is in a very bad condition at this moment , I am glad I moved from Long Beach New York , it could be worse for me as it already was , but I am lucky ground sea water did not reach my place , and it was just 20 feet away from disaster , for me it was more mentally and physically horror , but now I am good

We have to count our blessings & appreciate each day we are given, that is for sure. And sending you lots of (((HUGS))) to warm you up :-)

Now to give the beta a whirl (folks, remember to keep an eye on your spam folders too, the last Beta update went into mine & I had to re add the email to my approved Gmail list )

• futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Glad you're ok - I still don't know how all my family & friends back there fared. The windows version of GE is out! I've got company the next several days so don't know if I'll get a chance to try it yet.

I sent out a email to all the registered testers a few hours ago with a link to beta version 4 for Mac OS and Windows.
    Remember that this is a beta version. It may not work how you expect, there may be some bugs and not all machine setups have been tested.

I you experience any issues it would be greatly appreciated if you send me a message to the garibaldi express beta email address.
    Please be patient if garibaldi is not working for yourself at the moment correctly.

------
    I hope anyone across in North America who have been affected by current storms are well and can get back to normal as soon as possible.

Post edited by futurebiscuit on
    edited November 2012

Cath you were incredibly lucky.

Alex L - thanks for the Spam folder tip. I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Excited to try this :-)

Post edited by shaaelia on
  • foleyprofoleypro Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Here is my first Test in Win32...

Just having fun and learning the controls..Had a few crashes sent off Bug report...

Werewolf_1.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 456K
    edited December 1969

One observation is the word Color is spelled Colour in the Plugin...

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    I may be missing something (which is highly likely) but where is the serial number? Do we have to put one in?

I forgot to put a note about this into the windows readme...

No, there is not a serial number for the beta version, although each beta version will expire and cease to work normally about 2 weeks from it's first release.

If you are asked for a serial number just leave it blank and it should work fine.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

foleypro said:

well, that is the proper way to spell colour. :cheese:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2012

foleypro said:

Garibaldi uses international english spellings.
    Post edited by futurebiscuit on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the serial number info - glad to know I didn't miss something :-)

• GoneGone Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

Is it still possible to sign up for the beta?

I've tried signing up 3 times in the past couple of weeks - waiting for the windows version - but I never get the email that says is being sent.

I would really love to try this out now that the windows version is available.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Cath you were incredibly lucky.

Alex L - thanks for the Spam folder tip. I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Excited to try this :-)

Ditto...I'd missed it also.

Cath, glad to hear you are okay!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

foleypro said:

Eh, it's all shades of grey. ;-)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    foleypro said:

well, that is the proper way to spell colour. :cheese:

But all the COOL kids call it chroma.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

foleypro said:

Eh, it's all shades of grey. ;-)lol...too true! It's certainly spelled correctly for where I live...; )

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

I noticed I can only use this on Genesis atm. Will the plugin be updated to support other figures in the future?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    foleypro said:

well, that is the proper way to spell colour. :cheese:LOL Who invented the English language....

This is coming on well, watching this thread closely.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Win 64-bit is, so far, giving me no surfaces to choose from (yes, I'm using a Genesis figure....!) when I call it up.

edited December 1969

Just a little tweaking...

Noticed that if you make a hair and tweak settings in DS or when you go back into Hair Plugin and reTweak so when you go to save scene DS crashes...

wolf2.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 574K
    edited December 1969

Yep - just had that happen.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Well, I got surfaces the second time. Or was it third? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it usually seems to crash D|S before anything is accomplished.

• GiGi_7GiGi_7 Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

Gone said:
    Is it still possible to sign up for the beta?

I've tried signing up 3 times in the past couple of weeks - waiting for the windows version - but I never get the email that says is being sent.

I would really love to try this out now that the windows version is available.

See your spam folder. I obtain beta 2 and 3, but 4 nothing. This was in spam.

edited December 1969

Another test for my Genesis Werewolf Morph...

Cant save the DS scene tho...

wolf3.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 474K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

thank you for the beta - stay warm - going to get colder

edited December 1969

My first render. MilCat with hair. Still needs some adjustments and some lights that won't crash my poor old PC.

Mil_Cat_1.jpg
    690 x 720 - 137K
This discussion has been closed.