Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin Beta [Commercial]

1333435363739»

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512
    edited December 1969

UHF said:
    Will this work with Reality\Lux?

both hair programs can export to .OBJ so yes.

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Any new questions should be directed at:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17751/

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

UHF said:
    Will this work with Reality\Lux?

both hair programs can export to .OBJ so yes.

Example anyone? Rendering times? Anyone?

Bhuler?

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited February 2013

What a learning curve. Biggest complaint... controlling the "Paint" brush or the round thing that paints on the head the area you wish to use. What would have been nice, is to be given the choice of a Point to Point OUTLINE trail so that you could first make a NEAT hairline.

After making a NEAT hairline... then being able to color within that line or POUR within the line so that your hairline is neat and clean as it is on the human head. Because of you losing the texture once it is exported, you loose exactly where you wish to put the hair to meet up with the texture outline where it shows on some textures.

I'm a cosmetologist - I can cut and style any hair, but this is totally a learning curve because I can't see the scalp. So one must learn those lines or uggggh, what is it that those lines are called - the mesh frame? Yeah, well they don't follow the natural hairline - so one must determine that for themselves.

I've dreamed about this type of program, but it sure would be nice if in the import, you got the "Texture" so you can follow and correctly frame the face, around the ears and cut the kind of neckline a barber or beautician works with on real heads. I only tried it once to give myself an idea of what I would be up against... and this is most certainly something that will take time to get the kind of results I'm looking for. I want to create these kinds of hairlines and styles for men...

Also, if the hair could be done on a layer, where you could push along the hairline to straighten it. An eraser to clean up the hairline if need be, before the hair is added. And then when all is done... maybe a button that says, Attach & complete...

Clark2.jpg
    194 x 259 - 7K
    Brad1.jpg
    225 x 225 - 8K
    PG1.jpg
    194 x 259 - 7K
    Brad2.jpg
    194 x 259 - 7K
    Clark1.jpg
    194 x 224 - 5K
    Post edited by MKeyes on
  • davidbrucesmithdavidbrucesmith Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

One thing you may wish to try is to build two different hairs, one at the part and the other at the other side of the part. THen they have completely different controls. I haven't done this yet, but I'm speculating on how best to differentiate between these parts of a style.

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I thought of that, didn't know if it were possible to do different sections and it come out nice. I don't see this being mastered too soon, this is going to most certainly eat up some time getting it right.

Oh well, I just fear NOT using it. I hate when I buy something with high hopes and it ends up in the "Never Use it" section of my computer.

• davidbrucesmithdavidbrucesmith Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

In terms of seeing the scalp: there IS an option in to display the follicles: this draws red dots at the base of each guide hair: I know that this is not the saem, but it does provide some additional information.

• flight_2039flight_2039 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

My plugin seems to have dissapeared, anyone else have that issue?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

My plugin seems to have dissapeared, anyone else have that issue?

did you buy it - beta is over .

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This thread is now closed at the OP's request.

Please see the release thread for furhter information http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17751/

This discussion has been closed.