In Store NOW!: Gemologica by Fisty and Marieah

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

*sneaks in to watch and grabs a pkt of timtams on the way to a cosy corner.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    edited December 1969

Thanks Fisty it was awesome to actually turn on a 3D program again, hadn't done that in almost a month because of work and other fun stuff. you ladies did an outstanding job on these textures! They are truly amazing. Just the sheer number of options is staggering. RAMWolf, thanks for the compliment as well, but as Fisty said she made it for my Birthday so I really have no intention of offering this as a freebie. Sorry.

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

Here's something I've been playing around with, to try to show as many textures as possible.

I'm not sure whether it works or not...

treasure1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 428K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

*whimper* Waaaaaaaant...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Now that's a really nice promo render! I LOVE the Amethyst crystal in there.. that's really purty!

edited December 1969

I'm really pleased you like it. I think there's something iconic about a chest of treasure. It's embedded in the collective consciousness I think, as a symbol for our earthly desires. But it has spiritual symbolism as well.

I might try adding more stuff to it and render it again.

edited December 1969

How about adding some more coins to the top of the pile with Fisty's metal shaders, the ones below look a little dull but of course that makes the top items really pop too!

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

What a great way to show off the shaders - truly breathtaking!! Looks like a must-have when you finally release it. ;)

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Great promo!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Great image....where's the dragon? It looks like a dragons hoard....

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

As Fisty has given me some of the shaders to test and I wanted to play around with the supersuit I decided to do the two things at the same time.

(every Surface apart from the eyes is using one of the shaders out of the new pack)

Genesis_Cyborg-800.jpg
    600 x 800 - 296K
    edited December 1969

NEAT!! Thanks Neil! <3</p>

edited June 2012

RAMWolff said:
    How about adding some more coins to the top of the pile with Fisty's metal shaders, the ones below look a little dull but of course that makes the top items really pop too!

The coins are a single prop from a Meshworks set, fitted into the chest that was a weekly freebie. I'll put a little more gloss on them, but I don't really want them competing too much with the items that have the shaders applied to them. I'm going to have another trawl through my runtime looking for things to add and if I come across some single coins, I'll add them.

Great image....where's the dragon? It looks like a dragons hoard....

The dragon is sitting just to the right of the chest, looking quite aggressive but a bit complacent as well. He has a pearl necklace hanging out of his mouth (I think he eats them) and coins wedged in his scales from rolling around in his treasure. You can't see him because he's out of shot.:)

Neil, that's a great use of the shaders. I'd never have thought to do that.

Post edited by Marieah on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *whimper* Waaaaaaaant...

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;-)
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Neil, that's a great use of the shaders. I'd never have thought to do that.

Meanwhile, that's what exactly I've been wanting to do with your shaders and Supersuit. :D

Want want want want.

edited December 1969

Here's the rerender. Not much is different. I just added more stuff and changed a few surfaces. I couldn't find any single coins.

treasure2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 427K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

I like the new one, the dullness of the coins doesn't draw the eye now.

edited June 2012

There's a tiny fib now -- the crown with fleur de lis cuts through that big light green gem. ;) And a silver coin is cutting into the chest. If you feel like fixing it. ;)

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Like the new promo! :-)

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

That treasure-heap render is awesome, like candy for my eyeballs want want want want want!

edited December 1969

...I just wanna dive into it like Scrooge McDuck...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    There's a tiny fib now -- the crown with fleur de lis cuts through that big light green gem. ;) And a silver coin is cutting into the chest. If you feel like fixing it. ;)

There's actually tiny bits of pokethrough all over it - it's nearly impossible to avoid in something like this. If I render it again I'll see what can be fixed witout it affecting its needed proximity to other items. For example, nearly everything is poking through the coin layer. one quickly gets to the point where nothing can be added without it poking something else, and the question then becomes: How noticeable is it?

I really love that we can post these big images in this forum so you get that detail without clicking. But the actual promo will be much smaller than this - 500 by 650 - and I don't think it will be noticeable at that size.

I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad people here like the second image version.

Now I need to do one with a dude in it so it doesn't look too much like a chick set.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Peeks in to keep track.

edited December 1969

Agree -- that's always a bother with multiple items in close proximity.

I really can't wait to get a chance to use that pastel rainbow-sheened metal to Supersuit. Auuuugh. I'm really on the edge of my seat here!

edited December 1969

Good idea! I'll try that after I get done UV mapping something.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Good idea! I'll try that after I get done UV mapping something.

Now, think about this: pushed plates, sucked seams; rainbow sheeny on plates, black mesh on seams...

edited December 1969

Here's today's contribution. I wanted to try some of the metals on a dude...

dude.jpg
    700 x 910 - 409K
    edited December 1969

Looks great! :-)

edited December 1969

YUM!

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Wow Loving the renders Marieah and Fisty! Saving pennies now, must have this! Will these work in DS 3 ( I think you said in the old forum but I can't remember)?