Render problems in the 4.5

pinkangelnpinkangeln Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, so I did the upgrade from Daz 4.0 to Daz 4.5 today! But the problem I have now is the long time that I have to wait to finish the preview render from the motions.
In Daz 4.0 64x, in 1 or 2 minutes I had the preview render(Low Quality) of 1000 motion frame complete.
In Daz 4.5 64x, it takes 10 minutes to finish the preview render(Low Quality) of 20 motion frames from the same animation.

PC:
8gb ram
CPU AMD FX 4100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core
Geforce GTS 450

My animation has more than 10000 frames already and I have to see a preview frequently to check if the motions are realistic or weird.
I am using the Genesis Essentials. Is it because of a new feature? Can I turn it off?

Oh and is it possible to fix the foot on the ground? To not have to reposition the foot every time I move the hip.

And sorry to bother again!

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited October 2012

Oh and is it possible to fix the foot on the ground? To not have to reposition the foot every time I move the hip.

Select the foot, do you see the white pin ? Click it and pin the translation. Now the foot will stay in place but the joints will still rotate when you move the figure. You can also pin the rotation to prevent this. When it's no longer physically possible to keep the foot in place, it will move but you'll see a purple line from the foot to the original pin position.

About the preview render, i'm not the person most suited to answer that question, sorry. Maybe you can post a screenshot of your render settings, that might make it easier for somebody to help you with that.

pintranslation2.png
    800 x 300 - 105K
    pintranslation.png
    600 x 300 - 76K
    Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on
  • pinkangelnpinkangeln Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OMG! You are a life savior, this Pin feature is going to help me alot!

And here is the screen showing my render settings, they are the basic of the basic.

http://imageshack.us/a/img87/2343/dazrender.jpg

Note, when I try to render a single image it is super fast, the problem is just when I am trying to render an entire motion

edited December 1969

Sorry to double post but since it seems that there is no solution, is there a way to legally download the Daz 4.0 to downgrade my version so I can continue to do my first animation?

Right now it's just impossible to see the preview of any thing that I do and sometimes, the Daz even stops to work when I am trying to render the motions, it was so easy and perfect to do the motions in the 4.0 :(

edited December 1969

Oh well, it really sucks, I was looking forward to work using Daz, it's super easy to create custom animations, I was even looking for a way to use Daz3d along with Unity3d but sadly I have to discard Daz 3d and these 2 months of hard work creating fluid animations, all gone just because of a simple upgrade that can't be reverted.
    Well, It's time to jump to Poser then :)