First render completed, need comments and advice (no brickbats, please, I'm a noob! :D)

2»

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

If you set the floor to reflective it will accent the dark areas that are getting washed together and add a nice effect.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

joea64 said:
    First attempt at a multi-figure render. Taking into account the point about backgrounds, I created a primitive floor and used the walls from the Alchemy Chasm set. I need to start looking for more backgrounds and sets, and to find out how to change the base background color..

change the BG color - icon upper righthand corner of display screen

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

Gave it another try, added a third figure, and changed the background color to deep red. I think the figures show up pretty well now.

three_sexy_action_girls_daniela_marisande_tatiana_2000_x_1000.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 302K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

you got it now - have fun

edited December 1969

OK, I now have a different issue that I need help with. I'm starting to use props in my renders and I'm having trouble with assigning materials to several props. I make sure to select the prop (by clicking on the item and then selecting "Select (prop name)", but when I go to the Materials menu for that item and click on a specific mat, it won't load onto the prop. I'm not sure what the issue might be because I'm certain that all the files are in the correct directories; however, the prop itself is fairly old, relatively speaking - it was made in 2008 and was originally designed for Poser (which doesn't mean anything in itself because most Poser items work fine in Daz if you take care to put the files in the right directories, assuming you don't have an installer to do it for you). Any ideas?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Some Poser Props use Poser Shaders, those will not work in DS. They are made for a different Render engine and will not even load in DS.

edited October 2012

Here's my biggest, most complex render yet, making use of multiple (five) figures, props, changed color background, primitive plane floor with reflective effects, and tweaked expressions and poses. I think I'm going for an Andy Sidaris effect here. :P (Google him to get the reference if you don't recognize the name.)

Five_beautiful_gunladies_have_a_casket_waiting_for_you_2000_x_1000.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 408K
    Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
    edited October 2012

And I continue to develop my skills - behold my two latest renders; the outfits are variations on the V4 Leather Teddy with the BITE expansion, and various weapons from the Firearm Pack. I'm continuing to learn about applying different materials and textures to base outfits, reflections, expressions, poses and props. (If five of the girls in the second render look very alike, by the way, it's because they're quintuplets. ;) Or maybe clones. Who can say?)

the_deadly_beauty_squad_2_quintuplets_and_bodyguards_2000_x_1000.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 706K
    the_deadly_beauty_squad_has_a_nice_casket_for_you.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 701K
    Post edited by joea64_bdfaa5ca94 on
    edited December 1969

Here's my latest render, showing eleven "junior" members of the organization the other fifteen gun-ladies in my previous renders belong to. These women are wearing Pretty3D's Wild Thing with the V4 High Boots and the leather neck-belt from the Leather Teddy set and carrying AR-15 rifles from the Firearm Pack. This render is, in a way, a bit simpler than the previous two because I dispensed with a plane or reflection effects; I had enough work to do as it was with managing 11 figures; it took me 4 hours or more to complete and I'm still having some problems with "poke-through" on the gloves on several figures. My production will be slowing down for the next few days because I'm going out of town to visit relatives; I'm taking my laptop on which I have Daz Studio installed and I'll try to transfer the .duf files I've already completed, but I'm aware I'll need to install everything that's already been installed on my desktop, in the same directory places, or those files won't work. I might just create some independent renders to keep my skills sharp until Monday.

the_deadly_beauty_squad_eleven_foot_soldiers_2000_x_1000.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 413K
    edited April 2014

I thought I'd revisit this thread to post my two latest renders. The first is a daylight scene (using the light from the Backyard set), the second is night (using lighting from Novariens Holy). The car is the Spy Car V12; the weapons are the Beretta M9S and H&K G36 The blonde on the left is wearing the V4 Leather Corset with a texture from one of the add-ons (I forget which one though); the blonde on the right is wearing an outfit combining the French Aid and Powerage's Power Maid sets. Both are wearing V4 Thigh Boots by idler168. Backdrop is from Backdrops Made Easy.

Fleurette-Louise_and_Mariette_Character_Study_2_Novariens_Light.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    Fleurette-Louise_and_Mariette_Character_Study_2_Art_Backyard_Light.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on