Multiplane Cyclorama - General usage Tutorials?

White RabbitWhite Rabbit Posts: 231
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has any working links to tutorials for the Multiplane Cyclorama for DAZ Studio 4.5 please?

I have been searching and could only find broken links to old tutorials or tutorials on using it to create new textures for backgrounds. I really need just a basic usage guide to create an example scene showing its features using the environment, poses, cameras, lights, animation features, etc.

Any help would be awesomely appreciated please!

:-)

Thank you,
Mark

Comments

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2012

Give me a few days, I'll get you a guide. The multiplane Cyclorama is rather very easy to use.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • White RabbitWhite Rabbit Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Thank you, I would really appreciate that!

edited December 1969

Alrighty. Provided you bought the product...

1. The first image below is the menu you want in Daz Studio. Search until you find it. Since I don't know what directories you have or use, I can't be more specific, sorry. Click on "Figures" and then scroll down until you see "Environments". There it is. Click on any of the options. You should see it load in your scene. It will look like the second image I have below.

2. Camera time! Go back to that menu I told you about in my first image. Now click on "Camera". Once more, go to "Environments". Click on any of the camera options, doesn't matter which one. See image #3 for what your scene will now look like.

3. Once again, go back to that Menu option I showed in my first image. Now, click on "Light". Once more, scroll down to "Environments". This time, you want lights that match the scene your trying to create. Beach goes with Beach, Forest goes with forest. Double Click on the one matching the one in your scene.

NOTE: The lights will NOT automatically cast shadows. But if you click on the Scene tab and click on any of the lights, you can change the settings so they can cast shadows. Let's do that to at least one of the lights. Once you selected a light, click on your Parameters tab (if you don't have it automatically within easy reach, you can find it in "Window>Panes>Parameters). Now, click on Shadow and you'll see the shadow is off. Click it on and follow these steps for each of the lights. WARNING: Your render times will increase with shadows on, but it creates a more realistic render.

4. One final step. Go back to the menu in my first image. Now, click on Props, go to Environment and you'll see some props. Double click on any of them and that will load into your scene.

That's it. All done. No animations, sorry. I don't think this can be animated. It's a very simple product to use.

If you have any questions, please let me know. ;)

Capture03.jpg
    685 x 627 - 284K
    Capture02.jpg
    685 x 627 - 167K
    Capture.JPG
    155 x 253 - 5K
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

Thanks from me as well!
    I just purchased this item and although I got it to work rather nicely, one can never learn too much ^^

edited December 1969

Your welcome! :)

Enjoy the product. :)

edited December 1969

This is awesome! Exactly what I needed, thank you!

This product was well worth the money, and now I feel more knowledgeable to get started.

Thanks again for your time, and I am sure there will be others that find this a great jump-start.

;-)

edited December 1969

Your welcome. I'm glad I could help. ;)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

Now go over here and check out the free backdrop sets from Hobo Bo - unlimited versatility for the cyclorama.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    Now go over here and check out the free backdrop sets from Hobo Bo - unlimited versatility for the cyclorama.

You should indeed, these come highly recommended.

And thank you for the tutorial, Knight. I used to just drop the object without cameras and lights in my scene as a background. I promise i'll use it properly next time. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Your welcome, Blackfeather1973. :)

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Is it possible to add my own images to cyclorama? How?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    Is it possible to add my own images to cyclorama? How?

It is: there used to be a tutorial on how to do this on the old DAZ Artzone site. You can still see the text at Understanding the DAZ Multiplane Cyclorama but unfortunately the pictures are missing and the support file link to the images used in the tutorial is also dead.
    There is an email link for the author at the top of the age - maybe this is still valid and they might be able to supply the missing bits?
    There was some talk about reinstating the old tutorials in the new DAZ Documentation site, but I don't know what happened about that.
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

Wow! Thank you for posting this link! These are great! :-)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Thanks fromme too for the usage directions and links..now I can use it properly :)

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • And I want to thank you too! I am pretty clueless about how to use this, even though I've had it for months!