*CLOSED* RRRR Contest - $240 in GC prizes!!

Comments

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited November 2012

sedor said:
    I agree, Luci. That promo is really over the top. (Didn't stop me from buying the product, though!)

And the 'violence' in the yanked image wasn't all that violent, either. A spurt of green alien blood, big tap-dancin' whoop. I never even located the weapon.

[snip]!

Forensic analysis (yes, another infamous Alien Autopsy) determined the the girl did not deliver the fatal shot. The slime splatter direction and the discovery of two projectiles in the body were inconsistent with a single shooter hypothesis, It was subsequently discovered that an officer from the City Enforcers Office across the street shot the Alien insurgent with his Desert Eagle 150, which bullet he expertly lodged in the extra rigid spine of the creature so as not to injury a citizen protecting pre-ultratech history. You can have the full report read to you at wxy.BInformed.cef

Thats what I thought :P

That announcement of the final results of the analysis was typo'd by the CEF. I had nothing to do with it or the alleged video still sent with it, which has subsequently disappeared. Rumor has it that the Major General of the Agency of Alien Affairs wanted it for his office wall.

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Totte said:

You know, I'm almost halfway tempted to open up a RRRR thread over on Renderotica! Imagine the possibilities!

And now I challenge you to scrub that mental picture out of your heads!

rubbing eyes, nope still there... damn you. We need to setup rrrr.org (it's for sale).

Yeah, thanks, Ken. :roll:

"rrrr.org" ? Hmmm, that sounds interesting...

Hey, we live to serve!

RRRR.org.... Are you sure that site wouldn't be confused with a Guy Fieri fan-site? (Because 'RRRR' is vaguely reminiscent of stomach-growling noises.... Just sayin'!)

edited December 1969

sedor said:
    I agree, Luci. That promo is really over the top. (Didn't stop me from buying the product, though!)

And the 'violence' in the yanked image wasn't all that violent, either. A spurt of green alien blood, big tap-dancin' whoop. I never even located the weapon.

[snip]!

Forensic analysis (yes, another infamous Alien Autopsy) determined the the girl did not deliver the fatal shot. The slime splatter direction and the discovery of two projectiles in the body were inconsistent with a single shooter hypothesis, It was subsequently discovered that an officer from the City Enforcers Office across the street shot the Alien insurgent with his Desert Eagle 150, which bullet he expertly lodged in the extra rigid spine of the creature so as not to injury a citizen protecting pre-ultratech history. You can have the full report read to you at wxy.BInformed.cef

That announcement of the final results of the analysis was typo'd by the CEF. I had nothing to do with it or the alleged video still sent with it, which has subsequently disappeared. Rumor has it that the Major General of the Agency of Alien Affairs wanted it for his office wall.

Oh, good lord, did I just start (yet another) conspiracy theory? Great, just wait till this meme hits the Wider Web!

And I'm already a Social Outcast within my family...! I'll never date again! (sobbing into my elbow, covered by my official, NFL-sanctioned, New England Patriots Tom Brady (#12) home-team (blue) jersey, and you probably reached the TMI Event Horizon at about, oh, I'm guessing Word One of this post...!)

edited November 2012

sedor said:

[snip]!

Oh, good lord, did I just start (yet another) conspiracy theory? Great, just wait till this meme hits the Wider Web!

And I'm already a Social Outcast within my family...! I'll never date again! (sobbing into my elbow, covered by my official, NFL-sanctioned, New England Patriots Tom Brady (#12) home-team (blue) jersey, and you probably reached the TMI Event Horizon at about, oh, I'm guessing Word One of this post...!)

Yeah, basically you're screwed! The only question, exponentially and politically speaking, is to what power?

edited December 1969

The nth. Duh!

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Denny L said:
    barbult said:
    I love his holding his breath expression.

Good eye!
    Wasn't sure if that would get lost in the background.

It was one of the first things that even drew my attention :D
    Brought a smile to my face!

Time well spent if people are noticing it. :)

Denny L #1 That is so much fun, just super-nutty!

My avatar should have been the first hint of nuttiness.

edited December 1969

Forensic analysis (yes, another infamous Alien Autopsy) determined that the girl did not deliver the fatal shot. The slime splatter direction and the discovery of two projectiles in the body were inconsistent with a single shooter hypothesis, It was subsequently discovered that an officer from the City Enforcers Office across the street shot the Alien insurgent with his Desert Eagle 150, which bullet he expertly lodged in the extra rigid spine of the creature so as not to injure a citizen protecting pre-ultratech history. You can have the full report read to you at wxy.BInformed.cef

Now I just wanna see that censored version of your entry.

edited November 2012

Denny L said:
    Forensic analysis (yes, another infamous Alien Autopsy) determined that the girl did not deliver the fatal shot. The slime splatter direction and the discovery of two projectiles in the body were inconsistent with a single shooter hypothesis, It was subsequently discovered that an officer from the City Enforcers Office across the street shot the Alien insurgent with his Desert Eagle 150, which bullet he expertly lodged in the extra rigid spine of the creature so as not to injure a citizen protecting pre-ultratech history. You can have the full report read to you at wxy.BInformed.cef

See the new link above (page 22, below the removal notice).

We worked it out so my original entry can be a part of the contest AND meet the DAZ TOS.

Thank you Richard for the DA suggestion and Totte for allowing a link in place of the image! :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

Denny L said:

We worked it out so my original entry can be a part of the contest AND meet the DAZ TOS.

Thank you Richard for the DA suggestion and Totte for allowing a link in place of the image! :)
    The problem is that without an account there, I cannot see your image. How will it be handled for the voting?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Denny L said:

The problem is that without an account there, I cannot see your image. How will it be handled for the voting?

I don't know. I had to open an account to post it there. :) It only took a few minutes.

Off the top of my head: DA provides free registration. You could open an account using a disposable email address if you don't want to give them your real email. Or, if you are really opposed to that, you could pm me and I'll just send you a copy. Unless someone else has a better solution that's all I can offer.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited December 1969

I have an idea, with content advisory and all (why didnt * think if that before with my picture. I give it a shot....

edited December 1969

OK!
    It did work as I hoped ;-)

http://4eyes.code66.se/?p=7564#more-7564

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

Clever, but the reason I suggested Deviant Art is that there need to be filters that actually block access without a log in.

edited December 1969

Clever, but the reason I suggested Deviant Art is that there need to be filters that actually block access without a log in.

And the everyone that needs to vote needs to have a DA account (see above).

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,656
    edited December 1969

Totte supplies a warning on his website. DAZ's New Products page needs at least a Parental Advisory warning. Really. Granting a "limited exception" is not a filter.

bs_capture.JPG
    1294 x 596 - 139K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

The store works by different rules, evidently. The forum TOS says no bare buttocks, but have you seen the store image of Stephanie 5 Elite Texture Joanie from behind in her thong? Those buttocks look pretty bare to me. It is in the store promo, but I doubt we could post the same render here in the forum.

I kind of feel sorry for Richard, having to enforce the forum TOS, when the DAZ store doesn't abide by the same rules. And granting that Severed Man exception in the forum was a really poor idea. You either have rules and enforce them or you change the rules. It's the selective application of the rules that is ticking off the forum members in regard to this issue, I believe.

I think we all accept the TOS and try to abide by it in the forum. I slipped up once, and Richard took down the image. OK. I was sad that my hard work couldn't be displayed, but I understood why he had to do it. A few days later, when I saw the severed man in the forum, I was aghast, because that was worse that what I had posted, and yet it was allowed and even promoted in the forum.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited November 2012

I don't consider myself narrowminded, but in all honesty there are def. some images I will not let my kid look at on this website.
    And as I do understand that the forum mods need to live by certain rules, it does strike me as strange that the website itself has no warnings whatsoever.
    At least on the homepage?

Not that it needs to have it (young kids shouldn't roam the internets by their own), but a clarified line between site and forum gives a better message out there ^^

I almost forgot!
    Is the voting page up yet?
    I can't find it! :)

Post edited by Sylvan on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Yeah. I was appalled by the chopped-up-guy product. Especially the promo showing him in a pool of blood with a vicious samurai warrior above him. I don't care whether it's in the store or in the forum. If you're going to enforce some kind of code to keep the images PG, it has to be across the board. I'd rather see hundreds of bare buttocks (because, c'mon, we've all got them!) than that level of gratuitous violence. Besides... How could anyone post an image that used that product in the forums?? I mean... how is a severed body part NOT breaking the TOS?

Now there's a challenge... Someone post a severed body part render that doesn't break the TOS and isn't just severed parts sticking out of clothing... I'd offer, but there's no way I'd purchase something that, er, icky.

edited December 1969

Denny L said:

:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Now there's a challenge... Someone post a severed body part render that doesn't break the TOS and isn't just severed parts sticking out of clothing...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8813/P75

edited December 1969

Voting is now open: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11932/

Go Vote!!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Maybe next time I will get to join in...fingers crossed

edited December 1969

Szark said:

We're already planning the next one, I think you will have a difficult time keeping away! ;)

edited December 1969

I hated that I couldn't get one done for this Totte. Couldn't even get a DL one done either. Yeah I made one for Jack thread and that has been it since I had more computer woes.

edited December 1969

You know what they say:
    To error is human, but to really make things go fubar, you need a computer!

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    You know what they say:
    To error is human, but to really make things go fubar, you need a computer!
    fubar, mpre like Grand Fubar indeed LOL
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136
    edited November 2012

Totte said:
    Szark said:

We're already planning the next one, I think you will have a difficult time keeping away! ;)

Looking forward to it!
    And thanks very much, Totte and the sponsors, for this one - it was great fun as always! :-)

No all I have to do is pore over all the entries and come up with my votes ...

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Totte said:
    Szark said:

Looking forward to it!
    And thanks very much, Totte and the sponsors, for this one - it was great fun as always! :-)

Yeah, that's always the tough part, isn't it!

edited November 2012

MelanieL said:
    Totte said:
    Szark said:

Looking forward to it!

Yeah, that's always the tough part, isn't it!

So true.

If there isn't a clear winner in my mind, my approach to the problem of picking a few entries out of so many in these contests has been to download all the images by tag number (or whatever ID works), put them in a folder with sub-folders I can sort into (i.e., best or funniest in this case). If it can go in more than one, I make a copy with (c) at the end so I know how many categories I have placed it. When I have gone through ALL the entries I move to the sub-folders and start over with new sub-folders (e.g., Best of the Best, Funniest of the Humorous, etc). The process goes on until I am down to the number of votes I have. It's not a perfect method, but it works for me. So far I haven't had to resort to eeny-meeny-miny-moe. ;)

The best part of my system would probably be watching me do it. I argue with myself and rant and rave sometimes because, "Damn it, they both should win and I only have ONE vote left!" hehe

edited December 1969

Voting is very difficult!

This time I sorted out those I though would get place 1,2 or 3 from me in each cat, then I started to shuffle up/down up/down, removed one, no, I like that one, tore my hair into an even balder haircut. So, I would have needed 10 points in each, but would still make if difficult, so many great ones and funny ones and both.