Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Bar drop

it looks a lot like Mustang Sally's. :)

bar keep, may i have one of whatever she's having.
    a plate of plaice and chips and mushy peas for me buddy Wiggins.
    an Old Peculiar for me old friend Melrose.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

One of my hatchlings just died.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

declaring today an international Holiday. so, give alarm clocks an extra snooze button push.
    'cepting for the Daz bug fixer site programmers. ;)
    Where was this post at 5am Central time when I needed it?
    edited December 1969

i don't think there is a 5 am on my clock. lol

sigh

another 4 hours of trying to do in Excel what i could do in Access with a few lines of code.

charts are easier in Excel, but i need Access to make the data for the chart.
    joining 3 different crosstabs to a single frequency query.

it's raining out, i haz no umbrellalalala today. doh magilla gorilla, it's a gorillilalalala
    a martini chocolatte should warm my bones after i'm wet and soggy off the bus.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Bar drop

gonna put your bad feet on the ground. All you wanna do is ride around, Sally.

edited December 1969

Morning. Coolish under a glowy grey sky in the Great Southern Land today :)

edited December 1969

Aw. Haz clicks for others :)

edited December 1969

There are no new Friendship is Magic that I can see. There is no new Who to see. Well I can watch the old Who which I have seen so little of but where do I start?

I do not want to start a movie right now as I have to be at work by eleven am and it is almost nine am. Picked a random movie with Milla Jovoich in it. She was in the Resident Evil series. She was also in fifth Element. No time to watch a movie right now.

Now I cannot watch that movie until I reload my prepaid visa.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Aw. Haz clicks for others :)

Thanks.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

*shrugs* Working on shading a pic I drew and colored.

Bleh. Getting real impatient and frustrated while doing so... I think my medication is wearing off V_V

Lugia-Aerodactyl__Vore_2.jpg
    1520 x 822 - 254K
    edited December 1969

gonna sleepy early t'nite.

watchin Kiki again. she forgot how to fly her broom and she can't understand what gigi is saying anymore.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Bar drop

is that a song quote? it rhymes :)

edited December 1969

aha found it. their names were Flora, Fauna, and Merrywether.

next, i need to lookup what those choppers are that have the benches on the sides.
    and what they mean by chalks

keep meaning to lookup what infidel means.

too tired to go tv troping tnite. my dawggie is already sleeping and snoring.

99cent sale is working now. yayy

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

There are no new Friendship is Magic that I can see. There is no new Who to see. Well I can watch the old Who which I have seen so little of but where do I start?

I do not want to start a movie right now as I have to be at work by eleven am and it is almost nine am. Picked a random movie with Milla Jovoich in it. She was in the Resident Evil series. She was also in fifth Element. No time to watch a movie right now.

...never saw any of the Resident Evil (not much into vid game tie-ins) but loved her in Fifth Element.

Her character, Leeloo, was the inspiration for my Leela.

I was working on a new character for a Shdaowrun RPG campaign, a young female demolitionist (somewhat influenced by the seventh Doctor's companion, Ace as she looked as if she'd fit well in a cyberpunk setting). At the time I still had a telly and that evening the channel I was watching was airing The Fifth Element . Now I had already seen it at the Cinema when it was first released but a film as good as this this always deserves another viewing. As I was watching I became wrapped up in the almost child like manner that Leeloo expressed herself. Here was an incredibly powerful being yet seeming so innocent. After the film was over, I looked at the character I was working on, folded the sheet up and started over again. I wanted to take a character who could be so incredibly dangerous, yet give her the same kind of child like quality.

Like Milla, Leela had to be of Eastern European descent (Milla is part Serbian, part Russian), so I chose to have my Leela come from the Balkans (Croatia) which in the game world had become a region in conflict as it was in RL in the 1990s. As little detail was actually written on the region in the game, I basically "filled in the blanks" as a foundation for her backstory which itself rapidly verged on a novella in length, spawned a campaign of my own, and laid the groundwork for what hopefully will be a web based "illustrated" novel.

One of Leela's "trademarks" as a game character was the same silly laugh that Leeloo had, the way she would mimic others (like the "Multipass" scene) and the way she would question things that made no sense.

The scene after leaving Fhloston Paradise where Leeloo was watching old film of wars and conflict was particularly moving as she asked the simple child's question, "why"? This set the tone for Leela's outlook of the often violent and dystopic world she lived in.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    *shrugs* Working on shading a pic I drew and colored.

Bleh. Getting real impatient and frustrated while doing so... I think my medication is wearing off V_V

Looks really good, can tell you have been putting some time in, gratz :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Bar drop

Mustang Sally
    Guess you better slow your mustang down
    Mustang Sally
    Guess you better slow that mustang down
    You been running all over town
    Guess you better put your bad foot on the ground
    All you gotta do is ride around Sally
    Ride Sally ride

Wilson Pickett I think :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...never saw any of the Resident Evil (not much into vid game tie-ins) but loved her in Fifth Element.

Her character, Leeloo, was the inspiration for my Leela.

I was working on a new character for a Shdaowrun RPG campaign, a young female demolitionist (somewhat influenced by the seventh Doctor's companion, Ace as she looked as if she'd fit well in a cyberpunk setting). At the time I still had a telly and that evening the channel I was watching was airing The Fifth Element . Now I had already seen it at the Cinema when it was first released but a film as good as this this always deserves another viewing. As I was watching I became wrapped up in the almost child like manner that Leeloo expressed herself. Here was an incredibly powerful being yet seeming so innocent. After the film was over, I looked at the character I was working on, folded the sheet up and started over again. I wanted to take a character who could be so incredibly dangerous, yet give her the same kind of child like quality.

Like Milla, Leela had to be of Eastern European descent (Milla is part Serbian, part Russian), so I chose to have my Leela come from the Balkans (Croatia) which in the game world had become a region in conflict as it was in RL in the 1990s. As little detail was actually written on the region in the game, I basically "filled in the blanks" as a foundation for her backstory which itself rapidly verged on a novella in length, spawned a campaign of my own, and laid the groundwork for what hopefully will be a web based "illustrated" novel.

One of Leela's "trademarks" as a game character was the same silly laugh that Leeloo had, the way she would mimic others (like the "Multipass" scene) and the way she would question things that made no sense.

The scene after leaving Fhloston Paradise where Leeloo was watching old film of wars and conflict was particularly moving as she asked the simple child's question, "why"? This set the tone for Leela's outlook of the often violent and dystopic world she lived in.

Can recommend the Resident Evil films, a cut above other exploitation flicks and a little like Mad Max for intensity and performances :)

edited December 1969

Whoa looking out over city skyline you can see a storm blowing in, trees are bending a couple of streets away and there is dust and litter flying in the wind :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Complaint! And I is truly miffed now!

I finally fell asleep around 6:30 am.

At 9:49 am, a telemarketer calls my cellphone and wakes me up. And I can't fall asleep again.

Looks like I'm due a new severe bout of insomnia.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Evil beware, we have waffles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3dtYeH6Wmk

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

So I was rendering with high quality settings and the face of my character strangely had a bright yellow colouring. This has never happened to me before... Is this another form of deep shadows render fragmenting??

Single-Angelina-YouTubeNun_ERROR.png
    358 x 296 - 100K
    edited December 1969

Don't know what deep shadows render fragmenting is but nice yellow :) You using a preset?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Complaint! And I is truly miffed now!

I finally fell asleep around 6:30 am.

At 9:49 am, a telemarketer calls my cellphone and wakes me up. And I can't fall asleep again.

Looks like I'm due a new severe bout of insomnia.

rantworthy, telemarketers can haz the ebil about them :)

edited December 1969

I had a copy of fifth element once. I am thinking of getting it again but have the DVD and BluRay combo.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    So I was rendering with high quality settings and the face of my character strangely had a bright yellow colouring. This has never happened to me before... Is this another form of deep shadows render fragmenting??

I've had strange coloured overlays a few times - I think when a smoothing modifier hadn't finished calculating, though I can't get it to do it to order as a check. It doesn't usually recur on a subsequent render.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

I dreamed that Wendy's was turned into a mall Wendy's and I went to work there but was no longer needed. Well there is no need for drive thru cashier when there is no drive thru in the mall.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Evil beware, we have waffles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3dtYeH6Wmk

heh puts some steel in waffling on :)

edited December 1969

I thought of a name for a character Ori. http://www.behindthename.com/name/ori It has something to do with light and could be a girl's name or a dude's name.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

I've had strange coloured overlays a few times - I think when a smoothing modifier hadn't finished calculating, though I can't get it to do it to order as a check. It doesn't usually recur on a subsequent render.

Yeah, I think it was having a one off render issue. When I re-rendered it was completely fine. (Just annoying when the render time is very lengthy).

@Ps1borg - No presets were used... I was rendering in advanced render tab with high quality settings. As Richard mentioned, it appears to be a random glitch in the render that didn't happen on the re-render. I assume it was the render engine suddenly skipped or error on one of the calculations.

Nonetheless, I got it to work the second time around.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Bar drop

Mustang Sally
    Guess you better slow your mustang down
    Mustang Sally
    Guess you better slow that mustang down
    You been running all over town
    Guess you better put your bad foot on the ground
    All you gotta do is ride around Sally
    Ride Sally ride

Wilson Pickett I think :)

"Wicked" Pickett, yep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfuHgzu1Cjg