Generation X Problems.... Please Help ^^

DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536

Can someone please help with a Gen X problem? I bought it and have successfully transferred Michael 4 using the Generation X tab. However, no other figure is working! M4 is not, nor V3 or M3. I don't understand why? All that pops up is in the screenshot below.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb341/DixtunBabyAngel/GenXError.jpg

Also, here is basically what I am trying to do, (please open pic below) is to take Drizzt (on the left, made with M4) and copy him, morphs and all, to Genesis, who is standing beside him with Michael 4 (base figure) already transferred. But nothing I do is getting Drizzt's morphs and face to change on Genesis.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb341/DixtunBabyAngel/GenXHelp2.jpg

Am I supposed to export him as a CR2 or something? Is that even possible?

I have several M4 and even a V4 character I want to bring over to Genesis so I need a "quick to do" process. But I feel like I have no clue what I am doing.

Also, just to clarify: I tried saving Drizzt as a material present, pose present and even a shaping present, but of course his morphs and expression aren't loading in Genesis. And when I try to save him as a Character Present, I get an error that reads "You must select a TriAx Weight Mapped figure in the scene to save as a Character Present"--what gives?!

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited October 2012

Generation X requires http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis in order to convert V4/M4 morphs to Genesis. If the morphs are successfully converted, you'll find them in this folder:

...Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\D3D Gen X

Once I got Generation X sending morphs to Genesis into the D3D Gen X folder, I practiced a lot and just deleted the morphs from the D3D Gen X folder for ones that didn't work or an experiment flopped.

In order to see the transferred morphs on Genesis, you must load a fresh Genesis figure which will read and add the morphs found in the Genesis\Morphs folders. You'll see the morphs in the parameter/shaping tabs in a "Generation X" group. They show up in different places such as Actor>Generation X or Head>Generation X or other places depending what the group says on the Generation X side.

In order to transfer G3 morphs, you'll need the Gen3 Add on + the DAZ shapes for those figures. Both GenX Gen3 add-ons and the DAZ shapes are available in bundles at a savings if you have an investment in many of the G3 figure morph packages.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the reply.

I do have the V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis which is also installed--which is why I do not understand why V4 is not working. I also have the V3/M3 shapes as well. They all came in one pack. But still none are loading into Genesis like M4 did. :( That error box pops up the moment I try dragging V4 or a GEn3 character into the GenX conversion box/tab.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited October 2012

I have found an old forum thread in the archive which mentions your problem, here:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=181236

It would seem to be a permissions problem of some kind, but the post is from last April, I would have thought it would have been sorted out by now?

EDIT:

You can also post images directly to this forum, which makes it a lot easier for people to help you.

When you are posting a message, you will see a Browse button just below where you type. Use it to find the image on your machine, and enter the path. You can enter several images (one at a time).

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • HatBHatB Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

I find that some of the body morphs are not transferring when I use GenX. Notice the thickness of the arms and legs and the size of the breasts.

V4_GenX+V4.png
    600 x 600 - 269K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you inject the morphs++ (or whatever morphs are required)?

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the link JimmyC.
    I noticed they posted this:

Go to:
    C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX

Copy the contents of that folder to:

Apparently that is the problem, but I have DAZ running off of an external drive. Perhaps I should just install GenX on the external then? But I'm not sure what the path would actually be.

edited December 1969

Thank you for the link JimmyC.
    I noticed they posted this:

Go to:

Copy the contents of that folder to:

Apparently that is the problem, but I have DAZ running off of an external drive. Perhaps I should just install GenX on the external then? But I'm not sure what the path would actually be.

It doesn't matter if it's on an external drive, the AppData folder location is a function of the Windows account, not the application location.

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

Anyone know why I get the error that cloneVicoria cannot be found when I transfer the morphs?
    V4/M4 shapes is installed, Base, Morphs++ and S4 morphs and V4.2 and my character INJ have been dragged into Gen4 and morphs selected has been set to all non-zero

I did get it to work, but it screwed up all the genesis figures. This was probably due to an undesired morph which had inflitrated into the basic genesis shapes.
    Deleting from GenX did not do anything, Then I deleted the GenerationX folder in data to get rid of them. After that I installed the essentials, V4 and M$ shapes and GenX.
    And now I get this error - any idea?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...OK found that I had the latest GenerationX in a DL archive directory. Installed and activated it. Opened the tab and immdiately ran into difficulty pulling in the Steph4 general and add on morphs. When I brought this up on another thread, someone mentioned that I needed to make sure my Studio3 libraries were mapped to 4.5.

I opened 4.5 and the Content Management window, to check what was being seen by the app. In sorting things out I accidentally must have either deleted or messed up something for when I tried to re-load a character built on Genesis with the Steph4 body shape, a dialogue box popped up with several error messages that mentioned certain assets could not be found and the character loaded in solid bounding box mode..The odd thing when the app opens, the basic Genesis figure is there in the Viewport.

I am really not good at all this setup and mapping stuff as I never had to be concerned about it in earlier versions so long as I used the same installation path for all my content and plugins.

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

WimvdB said:
    Anyone know why I get the error that cloneVicoria cannot be found when I transfer the morphs?

For those with this error. Re-iinstall Essentials into the main DS4 runtime you are using (if more than one)

edited December 1969

...Finally fixed what was wrong and Genesis works again as well as Generation X. With a little help, was able to figure out how to get the morphs I wanted into Genesis and then into my characters.

Works like a charm.

edited December 1969

...OK back again.

Was able to add V4/Stph4 to Genesis including the Morphs++ however wasn't sure how to save it as a unique figure and I ended up with Genesis always loading in with the V4/Steph4 additions. Is this normal?

Another thing is I cannot seem to get the Steph4 NPMs to load. I set up another V4/Stph4 with the NPMs injected but cannot get GenerationX to accept the new figure with the NPM addition.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,090
    edited November 2012

I have Gen X. I've also bought the Add-Ons for figures such as David3. I've used Genx to transfer morphs over to Genesis from M4 and D3, and others. That was before I upgraded to the latest version of DAZStudio4.5 Pro, 4.5.1.6, although I don't know if the version upgrade is what is responsible for it. Today, I did successfully transfer an M4 morph over to Genesis. Then, I tried a David3. I kept getting the message that the figure is unsupported. I checked and saw that the David3 folder is loaded in there. I clicked "Enable," and tried again. In all, I tried a number of times. I still kept getting the "figure not supported" message. Is there a way to fix this? Is an update to Gen X in the works?
    I probably should mention that I'm using the Macintosh version of DS and Gen X, OS 10.8.2, the latest.

Post edited by inquire on
  • SwanSwan Posts: 134

Not at ALL happy with this tool. I thought it would convert a M4 character I created into a genesis 2 male. Guess not.

Not at ALL happy with this tool. I thought it would convert a M4 character I created into a genesis 2 male. Guess not.

What problem are you having?