Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited April 2013

It look fantastic. I see your animation for marieah's contest. I wait for this new.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Ivy, I love your stories! You have put an interesting waterfall in the tropical island ;)

Hi Andrey I took your suggestion and used the Nrd3d water fall tool so I could animate the falls though properly should have used the fog tool too to ad some mist to the falls hind sight yiu know..lol
    .I used about everything i have bought from you in this film :) I should have done soon it has a twisted at the end. :)

edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    It look fantastic. I see your animation for marieah's content. I wait for this new.

Thanks gilikshe I think will be fun to watch :)

edited December 1969

The Legend of Alewives Dagger
    Now Playing on Youtube .. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTcTFEh0T4

YT-romo01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 150K
    edited April 2013

Now Playing on Youtube .. smile

YT-romo01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 150K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

like the story and animation !
    when the next one ;-)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited December 1969

Very nice, I left a comment at YouTube. Good use of a number of nice elements, e.g. Skull Cove which I am working with now and hope to use in the upcoming 48 Hour Film contest. The shipboard shots also work well, some nice camera angles. The distant bird flying is good, the close shots not so much. I like the idea of huge/little for the same element, like the dragon. This is easier in animation than in live action, a trump card in the 48 Hour contest.

A question: I can't get the Skull Cove houses/buildings to texture correctly in Carrara. Not a big problem since I plan to use Ant Farms' "Never" series buildings anyway, but did you use Carrara for the Skull Cove scenes?

Steve K. (Gary at YouTube, I go by my middle name. Sometimes.)

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Ivy said:

like the story and animation !
    when the next one ;-)
    it be a little while Bigh..
    These huge stories take a while to create..lol

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Very nice, I left a comment at YouTube. Good use of a number of nice elements, e.g. Skull Cove which I am working with now and hope to use in the upcoming 48 Hour Film contest. The shipboard shots also work well, some nice camera angles. The distant bird flying is good, the close shots not so much. I like the idea of huge/little for the same element, like the dragon. This is easier in animation than in live action, a trump card in the 48 Hour contest.

A question: I can't get the Skull Cove houses/buildings to texture correctly in Carrara. Not a big problem since I plan to use Ant Farms' "Never" series buildings anyway, but did you use Carrara for the Skull Cove scenes?

Steve K. (Gary at YouTube, I go by my middle name. Sometimes.)

Thanks for watching and the comment.

I did everything you see on the film in Poser pro 2012 & Daz studio, I had to make some adjustments for poser with the skull cove. I used different water set .
    and i had to do all the lighting custom in Skull cove because i could not get the light set that came with it to look right in Poser and the night light set does not work in poser so i had to do all that by hand as well.

Though if you darken the ambient color to the cove textures or make it black it will bring the colors out in the cove set better in poser.
    also I used HDR lighting for the back ground source light which gave it the soft light feel. but to me it made the film look yellowed
    I'm trying to figure out how to get octane render to work with poser & Maya I think that will be my newest cheapest way to real time render. in the future.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your skill grows with each one Ivy. I was hooked from start to end and enjoyed every little bit.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Great job, Ivy !
    Loved every bit of it. You've put so much work in it. The waves, the wind blowing in the sails, the humour, ... Brilliant :coolsmile:
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Great job, Ivy !
    Loved every bit of it. You've put so much work in it. The waves, the wind blowing in the sails, the humour, ... Brilliant :coolsmile:

Thank you Blackfeather I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Your skill grows with each one Ivy. I was hooked from start to end and enjoyed every little bit.

Thank you for watching Jeff , I'm happy you enjoyed my animation short :)

• WAVEDELSHWAVEDELSH Posts: 100
    edited April 2013

WHAT CAN I SAY THAT HASN'T BEEN SAID BEFORE... BRILLIANT, FANTASTIC AND A VERY GOOD STORY
    LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT STORY

YOUR AN INSPIRATION TO ALL US ANIMATORS

PS I MUST PM YOU FOR TIP ON HOW TO GET THAT SEA

Post edited by WAVEDELSH on
    edited December 1969

wavedelsh said:
    WHAT CAN I SAY THAT HASN'T BEEN SAID BEFORE... BRILLIANT, FANTASTIC AND A VERY GOOD STORY
    LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT STORY

YOUR AN INSPIRATION TO ALL US ANIMATORS

No Pm necessary . I used the Nerds3d Wave tool which came with a water disk. and i scaled it up 1000%
    I used Hobo at sharecg,.com water texture to give the multiple coloration to the water pane.
    everything you see in that film can be bought here at Daz or renderosity.accept a few props I made myself with 3ds max
    The lightning was also nerds3d fire & smoke tool . and the stars I used Poser physics with Ashton FX stars

Thank you for your comment and watching Dave You are a good supporter of my work I really appreciate it a lot.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    wavedelsh said:

No Pm necessary . I used the Nerds3d Wave tool ...

I noticed the waves also, pretty convincing. For those using Carrara, another option is "Carrara Realistic Seas" by PhilW. He says its not for animation, but I managed to get a reasonable scene IMHO in this animation (starts at the 1:20 point):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx7h419JEuE&list=UUlMEK10oWdfqx6NaNAGJtFA&index=4

Some of the other shots use it for a non-animated sea. Its way better than the sea shaders that come with Carrara, again IMHO ...
    :coolhmm:

• Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Great job! Thank you that are using the island and the cave. ;)
    How much time was spent on the creation of this animated film?
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Great job! Thank you that are using the island and the cave. ;)
    How much time was spent on the creation of this animated film?

Thanks Andrey I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    About 8 weeks give or take a day or 2 - it tooks a long time to render it .
    Also thank you for the advice on the water fall it was a great Idea.
    the water pane i used the nerds3d wave tool so i could animate it as well..

Thank you for watching :)

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Ivy said:
    wavedelsh said:

No Pm necessary . I used the Nerds3d Wave tool ...

I noticed the waves also, pretty convincing. For those using Carrara, another option is "Carrara Realistic Seas" by PhilW. He says its not for animation, but I managed to get a reasonable scene IMHO in this animation (starts at the 1:20 point):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx7h419JEuE&list=UUlMEK10oWdfqx6NaNAGJtFA&index=4

Some of the other shots use it for a non-animated sea. Its way better than the sea shaders that come with Carrara, again IMHO ...
    :coolhmm:

That was very cool Gary thanks for shariing that info. though i don't use Carrara you definitely gave me some good ideas.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited April 2013

Now that must have been quite some work indeed with all those different characters and their animations, and the voices and sound effects.

Very nice work..... :coolsmile:

(BTW, the little dragon might still have a nasty bite, so still could hurt her :lol: )

Post edited by glaseye on
    edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    Now that must have been quite some work indeed with all those different characters and their animations, and the voices and sound effects.

Very nice work..... :coolsmile:

(BTW, the little dragon might still have a nasty bite, so still could hurt her :lol: )

Thanks for watching and the comment
    I dunno if you noticed but i used the glassseye sky dome in a few of the scenes which i gave credit to you for .

:)

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Ivy, I still wanted to ask. What is the average time goes on 1 frame now? Are you considering the option of using OctaneRender?
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Ivy, I still wanted to ask. What is the average time goes on 1 frame now? Are you considering the option of using OctaneRender?

Hi Andrey ,
    The Alewives dagger animation was a 119 scenes with an average of 150 key-frames or 5 seconds per scene. 6 scenes i didn't use or I cut from the film because after i rendered them I changed the story line so they didn't work in my story.

On my render times. if I use Firefly render engine with a max of 4 deep shadow map lights it usually takes about 22 seconds per key-frame to render. I try to keep my rendering time under 30 seconds per keyframe. if the render times are longer than 30 seconds or require more light maps, then I'll either FXB the scene or use poser-fusion into Maya and render using Vray which speeds up render time a little, but in my opinion looses render quality. My biggest issue is how much memory it takes to load a scene file. this film was the first time i used over 50% of my systems resources.
    I did buy octane render on sale a few weeks ago for poser pro and i can render still photos great, But I'm still trying to learn how to render it in poser with Key-frame animation. give me a little time and I'll have it figured out .

My biggest asset is render system, which is a Intel- Ivy-bridge 3800 6 core I7 running at 4.2 GHz and I over clock it at 20%. Then I can achieve 4.8 to 5.2 Ghz depending on which bank of cores i use. in the process for over clocking. I also have 2 Nvida GTX 560LE 2 gigs graphic cards & 24 gigs of RAM on my rendering system.which I am hope to use fully with Octane render once i learn how to use it properly.. I tried to use Pixar render man render engine (trial version) which worked great. but at $6000 for the full version or $1100 a month to use pixar tractor cloud render farm. I'll think I'll stick with what I have.
    I build my story-board scenes on My I7 laptop and render on my PC, that really has helped me speed up my work flow. so as when i am rendering one scene i can be working on getting the other scene ready to go. I accomplished this by using a network shared External 4TB HHD drive to keep all my 3d content I am using on. I also use Adobe Premiere pro to upload my animations to achieve 1080 HD

The whole process has been trial & errors on what works & what don't . also since i've been taking classes for Autodesk Animation suite that has help me greatly in my camera's POV and lighting sampling. But i still have a lot to learn when it comes to animation.

I just picked up the school girl off the fast grab today with a Nerd3d back-drop and this is a render using octane render

school_girl.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 154K
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

I dunno if you noticed but i used the glassseye sky dome in a few of the scenes which i gave credit to you for .

Yep, I noticed, and thank you for giving the credits :)

edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    Ivy said:

Yep, I noticed, and thank you for giving the credits :)

You are very welcome and thank you for sharing the sky-dome i get a lot of uses out it and all the textures you have provided for it

edited December 1969

Ivy said:

Hi Andrey ,
    The Alewives dagger animation was a 119 scenes with an average of 150 key-frames or 5 seconds per scene. 6 scenes i didn't use or I cut from the film because after i rendered them I changed the story line so they didn't work in my story.

On my render times. if I use Firefly render engine with a max of 4 deep shadow map lights it usually takes about 22 seconds per key-frame to render. I try to keep my rendering time under 30 seconds per keyframe. if the render times are longer than 30 seconds or require more light maps, then I'll either FXB the scene or use poser-fusion into Maya and render using Vray which speeds up render time a little, but in my opinion looses render quality. My biggest issue is how much memory it takes to load a scene file. this film was the first time i used over 50% of my systems resources.
    I did buy octane render on sale a few weeks ago for poser pro and i can render still photos great, But I'm still trying to learn how to render it in poser with Key-frame animation. give me a little time and I'll have it figured out .

My biggest asset is render system, which is a Intel- Ivy-bridge 3800 6 core I7 running at 4.2 GHz and I over clock it at 20%. Then I can achieve 4.8 to 5.2 Ghz depending on which bank of cores i use. in the process for over clocking. I also have 2 Nvida GTX 560LE 2 gigs graphic cards & 24 gigs of RAM on my rendering system.which I am hope to use fully with Octane render once i learn how to use it properly.. I tried to use Pixar render man render engine (trial version) which worked great. but at $6000 for the full version or $1100 a month to use pixar tractor cloud render farm. I'll think I'll stick with what I have.
    I build my story-board scenes on My I7 laptop and render on my PC, that really has helped me speed up my work flow. so as when i am rendering one scene i can be working on getting the other scene ready to go. I accomplished this by using a network shared External 4TB HHD drive to keep all my 3d content I am using on. I also use Adobe Premiere pro to upload my animations to achieve 1080 HD

The whole process has been trial & errors on what works & what don't . also since i've been taking classes for Autodesk Animation suite that has help me greatly in my camera's POV and lighting sampling. But i still have a lot to learn when it comes to animation.

I just picked up the school girl off the fast grab today with a Nerd3d back-drop and this is a render using octane render

You are in what does not deny! ;)
    Of course if the processor renders faster than the OctaneRender, then the meaning in it is lost. I like to OctaneRender: speed, rendering quality, and that is very important - scalability.
    That is, into the computer can put up to 4 video cards Titan and get a pretty steep increase in performance without changing the system unit, the truth in this case will need a powerful PSU.
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

You've got new subscriber. :) Anyways, I liked the legend and Diane Dublin story. The second more because I'm very much into dragon's and brave female protagonist who best a mighty creature and of the battle animations. As for the Legend of Alewives dagger knew the second the dragon appeared he is going to make a run for it...and the ending is totally nice... "Let me out now. I said I'm sorry." He is going to be in that jar a long time unless he has some loyal to death crew member but given their new captain I doubt that. lol

edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    You've got new subscriber. :) Anyways, I liked the legend and Diane Dublin story. The second more because I'm very much into dragon's and brave female protagonist who best a mighty creature and of the battle animations. As for the Legend of Alewives dagger knew the second the dragon appeared he is going to make a run for it...and the ending is totally nice... "Let me out now. I said I'm sorry." He is going to be in that jar a long time unless he has some loyal to death crew member but given their new captain I doubt that. lol

Thank you Ilena, :)

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

I'm enjoying all your compositions. So much detail, I especially like the pirate-themed ones. Nice interpretation of Merida too. I'll be interested to see what else you come up with.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    I'm enjoying all your compositions. So much detail, I especially like the pirate-themed ones. Nice interpretation of Merida too. I'll be interested to see what else you come up with.

Thank you for taking a look at my art. and commenting.
    I hope you got a chance to watch some of my animations as well most go with the art work on here.:)