Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Ok, for some reason Daz is blocking my print screen. :S

1 Load up your WIP outdated genesis.
    2 Load up a fresh genesis.
    3 Select WIP Genesis in parameters select the setting icon on top right of parameters box. Select Copy>Copy Figure.
    4 Select Fresh genesis which has your new GenX morphs loaded select the setting icon on top right of parameters box. Select Paste>Paste Figure.

Your fresh genesis will now have all the settings your WIP had... Excluding textures.

Genesis doesn't usually load with new morphs from a scene that was made before installing the new morphs. So that's what I do to make my existing characters update.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Random, I got a screen shot after closing daz...

Inst.jpg
    1301 x 738 - 348K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Ok, for some reason Daz is blocking my print screen. :S

1 Load up your WIP outdated genesis.
    2 Load up a fresh genesis.
    3 Select WIP Genesis in parameters select the setting icon on top right of parameters box. Select Copy>Copy Figure.
    4 Select Fresh genesis which has your new GenX morphs loaded select the setting icon on top right of parameters box. Select Paste>Paste Figure.

Your fresh genesis will now have all the settings your WIP had... Excluding textures.

...thank you very much. I forgot that 4.5 had a copy & paste character function. This will have to wait until tomorrow night as it is getting late and I unfortunately have to get up early to go back to the day job tomorrow.

Got caught up watching the vid of the freefall from the edge of space (128,177ft)

edited December 1969

Are they doing space jumps now? I saw the docos on them when they were still in the designing the suit phase.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that has to be pretty stupid. Fancy jumping out and falling 24 miles straight down.

They are talking about it on the radio. They have an informal contest going on to find the best "Song for Felix" but at the moment "Please help me, I'm falling" is getting the most suggestions

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited October 2012

chohole said:
    Yeah, that has to be pretty stupid. Fancy jumping out and falling 24 miles straight down.

They are talking about it on the radio. They have an informal contest going on to find the best "Song for Felix" but at the moment "Please help me, I'm falling" is getting the most suggestions

"If I Fell" - The Beatles
    "Sugar, We're Goin Down" - Fall Out Boy
    "Jump Then Fall" - Taylor Swift
    "Jump" - Van Halen

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

It ain't the fall that kills you, it's the landing.

resize.php_.jpg
    550 x 431 - 47K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

UUMmm.... sure.

82731770241336666866.jpg
    640 x 553 - 64K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

My new earbuds are deffective. I am getting refunded for them. I was told to throw them away.

edited December 1969

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

otter.jpg
    496 x 483 - 46K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thats cute cho :)

edited December 1969

is anyone getting this error on daz? it wont stop! every time i load a page on daz.

err.jpg
    597 x 215 - 66K
    edited December 1969

Reminds me of a funny thing we did, back when my kids were young. We had a cupboard set into the wall which was labelled "Otter's house" If you opened it you saw the water 'otter.

edited December 1969

damn i posted when you posted... lol so I post now to draw your attention back at this thread :-P

edited December 1969

Like I told you in t'other thread. If you get it again try Ctrl R

edited December 1969

Oh you seen it in the members only... oops! lol Thanks cho... It's an annoying error, it took me 8 refreshes to open this thread

edited December 1969

Oh ctrl+R = refresh... Yeah that what ive been doing... It only recently started happening. Hasn't been a prob before. Might switch browsers for a while.

edited October 2012

or clear your cache. It's a very old cached page. Ctrl R sometimes works better than just refresh. Or even Ctrl F5,

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

is that a sonic boom I heard or did that Austrian BASE jumper fart?
    (I know I would do MORE than fart)
    is fart an allowed word on the forum? or do I need to use a polite phrase like break wind or cut the cheddar?

edited December 1969

damn, I get home and everyone has either gone to work or is asleep depending on which side of the planet they are on.
    yes, I believe you CAN say FART on the forum, just do not follow through with a P%#s and s%#t!

edited December 1969

Well it would appear that jokes about that aspect of the human digestive system have been around since the 5th century, with Aristophanes writing 2 plays which use this. Chaucer also uses them in the Millers tale. The word itself is one of the oldest words in the English vocabulary.

edited December 1969

. . . . . .

stupid-kids-its-just-dirty-water-demotivational-poster-1276974618.jpg
    640 x 529 - 59K
    edited December 1969

I want one of these, but only if it will take instamatic photos.

374091_398504430221282_1126484592_n.jpg
    325 x 321 - 20K
  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Since I am not getting an answer in the DSON thread, I was pointed here as there's some nice helpful people here who might be able to help me, or at least direct me in the right direction to GET the answer.

In the conversion tutorials to make non .duf file types .duf files and then make the Poser Companion File, I have found something that leaves me wondering exactly what they mean.

In the converting to the .duf file type, they instruct you to save the file to the folder where the older file is located and then delete the old file without deleting the png file.

Then in the next tutorial the one for making the Poser Companion files, I see this:

Step 2 : Update Metadata

Make sure to update the Metadata by removing the old files from the product and adding the new ones.

Metadata standards have changed recently, so this is the right time to update the Metadata to reflect these new standards.

What does this mean exactly? Does this refer to the saving of the .duf file to the directory and the deletion of the older file? Or what? I'd really like some clarification and better instruction as to what this really means. So far it's the only bit of instruction that leaves me confused as to what it means.

edited December 1969

Are you sure they really pointed you to the stupid thread, hmm guys, we seem to be missing the mark somewhere, need to crank up the stupid. :roll: :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Since I am not getting an answer in the DSON thread, I was pointed here as there's some nice helpful people here who might be able to help me, or at least direct me in the right direction to GET the answer.

In the conversion tutorials to make non .duf file types .duf files and then make the Poser Companion File, I have found something that leaves me wondering exactly what they mean.

In the converting to the .duf file type, they instruct you to save the file to the folder where the older file is located and then delete the old file without deleting the png file.

Then in the next tutorial the one for making the Poser Companion files, I see this:

Make sure to update the Metadata by removing the old files from the product and adding the new ones.

Metadata standards have changed recently, so this is the right time to update the Metadata to reflect these new standards.

What does this mean exactly? Does this refer to the saving of the .duf file to the directory and the deletion of the older file? Or what? I'd really like some clarification and better instruction as to what this really means. So far it's the only bit of instruction that leaves me confused as to what it means.Ummm.... Sorry but I've not tried this yet. Besides, Really? The Stupid thread. Who pointed you to the Stupid thread for Help?

P.S. If I could help I would but I'm 100% DS so I've not looked at making Poser Compatible stuff yet.

edited December 1969

This is for whoever is sending folks to the Stupid thread.....

you-are-to-stupid-for-internetF9s3f.jpg
    400 x 276 - 64K
  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Sunfire said:

What does this mean exactly? Does this refer to the saving of the .duf file to the directory and the deletion of the older file? Or what? I'd really like some clarification and better instruction as to what this really means. So far it's the only bit of instruction that leaves me confused as to what it means.

Ummm.... Sorry but I've not tried this yet. Besides, Really? The Stupid thread. Who pointed you to the Stupid thread for Help?

P.S. If I could help I would but I'm 100% DS so I've not looked at making Poser Compatible stuff yet.

I have looked back and seen some people being helped here, and obviously if I am missing what they're getting at, then I must be stupid because as we know DAZ doesn't make mistakes or give muddy confusing instruction, it's the end users who make the mistake.

By the way the metadata question IS a DAZ Studio question not a Poser question. I don't bother with metadata normally but appearently it is something that is needed for the next step in the tutorial and it is the DAZ Studio metadata that is needing updated.

edited October 2012

no ctrl-r on android, I have to log out, clear my cache, still does it, clear my RAM still does it
    just gave up and posted screen capture to facebook tagging Victoria Daz
    now tried to log out again after trying to log into store, and found going back a page I am logged in AGAIN!!
    so now, can I post this?
    happened just as I tried to post that most of us in the stupid thread only have old nonDSON compatible versions of Poser but Carrara can use the updated products .duf's better in C8.5beta
    sorry Sunfire, I have no idea how to do metadata!!
    are you sure they did not mean post a question in the new users forum?
    this as the title says
    the stupid thread
    only stupid people hang out here and post stupid stuff, mostly photos

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

We are helpful people here but I'm afraid we may not have any special knowledge of DSON. This thread is one for goofy fun pretty much. I suspect someone may have misdirected you here thinking they were being funny. There are some evil trolls out there. There are several DSON-specific threads out there. Happy Hunting! I hope you find your answers.

This discussion has been closed.