Seams my DazStudio 4.5 lost many of his "data"?????

JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

I don't know how this happens....
I put some new (free) stuff in and then Genesis was broken. I reinstall the genesis content, but then I recognized some more errors and reistall 4.5 .... but many Icons are lost and when I try to open a file I saved or some content, it didn't find many things and cannot open it correct...it seams to lost most of his data or so....
I made two screenshots...
What could I do??????

DATA_Lost03102012.jpg
1096 x 989 - 355K

Comments

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited October 2012

This is how it opens saved files...
    and you can see the missing icons on the left....

Help!!!
    Is all lost????

DATA_Lost03102012_2.jpg
    800 x 500 - 91K
    Post edited by JUJU on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

That looks as if you have your content directories set up so that one is nested inside another and that is confusing DS when it tries to reload the scene - the paths to the files should start at Data, not Studio/My Library. I suspect you have both the My Library and the DAZ 3D folder selected un DAZ Studio Formats. Fixing that, so you have only the My Library folder (and any others in different locations that you need) selected should make future sceens save OK, but if that is the issue you may need to edit this scene to remove the first two folders of the path before it will open.

edited December 1969

Thank you. But that is the place I chose for my content. I think I found the problem: I accidentally moved my data-folder in the prop-folder.
    Under Windows is it not so easy to put it back (big folder!!) but most things seams to be back again.... but still some problems with textures if I open an existing file .... and missing icons ..

edited December 1969

OMG! Why are the textures in the prop-folder as well????? :ohh:

edited December 1969

How I make such a mess? I think it happened when I put the freeby in.... I moved Runtime and data in the prop-folder! Many of GB was at the totaly wrong place..:red: ... I put them back and hope all is now okay again......puhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh