Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Somebody please help me because it is now 4 Oct and I still can't find anything on the PC sale. Page 1 of this thread hasn't changed in 2 days, no new releases, no emails, no announcements, nothing. What are you all talking about? Where is the sale stuff, where are the new items, where are the announcements? Is it hidden away or is there really absolutely nothing happening? This has got to be the worst sale ever :-(

I'm keeping an eye on this page: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions

And I make sure to refresh the page to be sure I don't miss anything!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Somebody please help me because it is now 4 Oct and I still can't find anything on the PC sale. Page 1 of this thread hasn't changed in 2 days, no new releases, no emails, no announcements, nothing. What are you all talking about? Where is the sale stuff, where are the new items, where are the announcements? Is it hidden away or is there really absolutely nothing happening? This has got to be the worst sale ever :-(

I think there should be a PC Anniversary Sale section with all the Items that are currently on sale like the PA sale did. Yeah we have the PC Items and the Daz originals... But all that stuff was already on sale long before the actual PC Anniversary Sale. I cant tell what actually belongs with the PC Anniversary Sale.

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Are the coupons not valid on the 99 cent PC sale items?

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

WhiteMyst said:

No :( That's one thing I hated about the switch.... Vouchers you could, Coupons won't though :(

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    WhiteMyst said:

No :( That's one thing I hated about the switch.... Vouchers you could, Coupons won't though :(

A bit of a shame, I added about fifteen $1.99 items to my cart, and it don't work. So in the end I figured it was only worth using it on a bundle. The coupon would have been a good value with those items.

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    WhiteMyst said:

Thanks for the quick reply atyeu. I guess I'll empty my cart then. :(

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    *wonders why this PC sale discussion thread is suddenly in The Commons*

Agreed. I thought it got deleted and now I see it in commons. Not sure why, not like this thread is a selling point for the PC at the moment. LOL. Maybe not as bad as the voting thread but still. If I wasn't in the PC and I saw this thread I wouldn't even consider signing up because of all the issues and confusion.

I wouldn't signup just for this sale that is. The PC has merits outside of this sale, but that's beside the point.

edited December 1969

Your welcome... I used to use those $1 vouchers we would get all of the time on 99c items. There was usually at least 1 99c item hiding out somewhere whenever we got one of those small vouchers and even if I couldn't use the product I would use the $1 voucher on it just in case, for the future. A lot of times I would also wipe out my voucher on the 99c sales too.

I'm hanging onto the 2 coupons for now just in case there are bundles like previous years too.... I have at least 1 item lined up already that I can use the $6 one on otherwise though.

edited December 1969

Iarsmidnatt: I love your avatar :) Is that Aiko?

Yeah, if I were not a member already and just based strictly on the last 2 days along with the lists in that Sales & Promotions I don't know if I would join this year. It is a big let down compared to previous years. I joined in 2007 for some of the big bundles they were giving away for members at that time and I have pretty much remained a member mostly for the October sales. I keep hoping this one will get better than how it will seem to go so far, but I really don't think it will come anywhere close to previous years and this may be my last year as a paid member (that is based on a variety of reasons, not just the way the sale is going so far, and it could change, who knows).

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Did not know they had made the coupons a no-go on the 99 cent items, that means I too am stuck with them unless something big comes along that qualifies.
    Good thing I already have nearly everything in the Halloween category but what's in my cart may well get reduced again before this sale is over. :down:

edited October 2012

atryeu said:
    Iarsmidnatt: I love your avatar :) Is that Aiko?

Thanks much. She's got a lil Aiko in her :) But maybe just as much Hitomi :)

EDIT: Oh and maybe a whole lot of CAT!

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...just one catch with that 10$ coupon, the minimum purchase requirement is 100$.

Also can't stack the 6$ and 4$ coupons.

The only DO item so far that interests me on which I could use a coupon is Blenworth but at nearly 18$ still a bit to expensive.

edited December 1969

LoL I didn't even notice that was Genesis! It reminded me so much of Aiko 3! It's a cute character :) *wishes I had Hitomi*

*kicks thread* I'm sick of no notifications :( The "solution" staff gave me (forget which thread it was) obviously does not work. I'll sign on tomorrow and be lost again I'm sure. It takes so long to load pages on dialup, I don't know if finding my place tomorrow will be worth my time or not *sigh*

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    *wonders why this PC sale discussion thread is suddenly in The Commons*

I'm wondering that as well.

Incredibly frustrated with the forums right now. Not getting all the notifications, having trouble posting.

Only one thing I'm getting at all so far from this sale (including the so called member choice sale which I'll get nothing from). By now in past years, I'd have gotten or planned to get a number of items...AND I'd have been planning to renew my membership because there was an incentive to do so.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Solution? You mean, clear your cache and cookies? :lol: Or maybe...try another browser?

Can someone give a link to this "Halloween category"? I can't find it.

Dana

• edited October 2012

Note that there's a total of $20 coupons for October - $6 + $4 + $10 (all DAZ-O only, not valid on $1.99 items, even those on sale at $0.99).
    Should be able to find some DAZ O for $20!

Of course, the "only one coupon per order" is a bit of a b*****r!)

Edit - seems the $10 coupon requires an order of $100 at least... ahem!

Post edited by NoneOfYourBusiness on
  • GumpOtakuGumpOtaku Posts: 106
    edited December 1969

Kinda makes me wanna sing up 4 the PC again...

• edited October 2012

GumpOtaku said:

Bucking the trend! :cheese:

(Edit: just slang for doing the opposite to what most people are doing, and meant jokingly, since many people are complaining about the PC and leaving. No offence intended!)

edited December 1969

Note that there's a total of $20 coupons for October - $6 + $4 + $10 (all DAZ-O only, not valid on $1.99 items, even those on sale at $0.99).

Of course, the 'only one coupon per order is a bit of a b*****r!)

The $10 one is for an order of $100 or more...at one time...so that doesn't count in your scenario, either.

Dana

• edited October 2012

DanaTA said:

Of course, the 'only one coupon per order is a bit of a b*****r!)

The $10 one is for an order of $100 or more...at one time...so that doesn't count in your scenario, either.

Dana
    :down: You've spoilt my day! :down:

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:

Excuse me? wut do u mean by that?

edited December 1969

Sorry to make you join the club. :down:

Dana

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I'm starting to wonder what the big thing is that Poser users are supposed to like that was hinted at back when people were starting to stay they were going to leave the PC after the switch to this new software and people started having problems with their memberships.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited October 2012

GumpOtaku said:
    GumpOtaku said:

For some unknown reason this thread was moved to the Commons. I am guessing that should have been "sign up" not "sing up"

The thread really needs to be moved back to the PC forum.

Edit - ok, looks like you left out the comment in between your two about "bucking the trend".

I think the meaning there is that lots of PC members are getting out of the PC because of things that have changed, so someone wanting to get in is bucking the trend....

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • edited October 2012

GumpOtaku said:
    GumpOtaku said:

Sorry! Alisa's correct - "Bucking the trend" is just slang for doing the opposite to what most people are doing.
    It was meant jokingly, since many people are complaining about the PC and leaving.
    No offence intended!

(original post edited to clarify - my apologies.)

edited December 1969

i have an idea, they thought this thread wasn't getting enough love in the PC members forums so they moved it hear so everyone could join in on the fun!

edited October 2012

atryeu said:
    LoL I didn't even notice that was Genesis! It reminded me so much of Aiko 3! It's a cute character :) *wishes I had Hitomi*

Hopefully you see this when you log back in :) Anyway I just had to say that I tend to sneak in a lil bit of Aiko into all my characters to make them cuter. When I was using V4 I would always add at least .10 of aiko 4 into their heads to make their eyes a tad bigger and features just a tad softer. I didn't really use Aiko3 until I got her shape for genesis and she gets lots of love now :)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • edited October 2012

i have an idea, they thought this thread wasn't getting enough love in the PC members forums so they moved it hear so everyone could join in on the fun!

I recall that in previous years there were separate threads for the PC Anniversary Sale in the Commons (trying to drum up new business) and in the Members Only (to keep old the old lags happy). maybe they've given up on the latter? :evilgrin: <= bring back the evil grin smiley!</p>

Sorry to make you join the club. :down:

Dana

I was already there, but I'm just trying to go out with a smile...

(Time to leave the forum and go search through those $0.99 bargains!)

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:
    GumpOtaku said:

Sorry! Alisa's correct - "Bucking the trend" is just slang for doing the opposite to what most people are doing.
    It was meant jokingly, since many people are complaining about the PC and leaving.
    No offence intended!

(original post edited to clarify - my apologies.)

I left the PC around summer for financial issues. I was trying to go for annual, but real life has kicked my booty. I have decided to settle for monthly again.

Don't know when to pull the trigger and sign up yet...

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:

Don't know when to pull the trigger and sign up yet...

So the halloween sale didn't convince you to jump on board?