Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    jakiblue said:
    ok i'm lost again (this is what happens when you have an almost-day long power cut and can't keep up with what's happening here LOL )

has there been another 99c category sale yet? (after the halloween one)
    I think they should have everything except PC $1.99 items at 99 cents all month with the $1.99 items free for the same period. PC members only, of course. It's a special anniversary so it should be a special sale, right? :lol:

Hehe...well maaaaaaaaaaybe they will do something like that...;)

Actually, I'd be ecstatic if they did a you-choose-your-own-pack of 10 PC items for $10, excluding the items in the current extravaganza bundles and in the buy-it-all category. How cool would that be?

I'm still hoping for free. A free day with the non-PC items at $1.99. One day. That would be absolutely cool.
    BTW, about your love for Princess...um...do we need to talk? lol
    Hmmm ... this may help answer your question ... Have you started filling every available nook & cranny of your HD with *things* for DAZ software? Are you looking at investing in a new HD just for them ... or possibly a net attached storage farm? Are you considering taking out a loan to network attach multiple Core 2 Quad machines to help cut render times? Has buying an ISP just for the hardware crossed your mind? Have you installed a fridge, hot plate (or small grill), and bunk in the same room as your computer? Do your clothes occasionally stand up and walk around on their own? Is the most common gift from your neighbors cases of air fresheners? Does someone have to come in and handle your bills & restock your fridge/pantry otherwise it would never get done? Is bathing an exercise to be endured only when the crusties inhibit your ability to use your graphics tablet, mouse or other devices? When you do have to go to the bathroom for physiological reasons, is there a computer there that is network attached to the main one so you can keep working there? Despite the fact that both have MPD, have V4 and M4 become your best friends? Do you carry pictures of them with you in lieu of family pics? Are they more family than the flesh and blood sort? When you bring up A4, do you greet her with Konnichiwa? Dependent on your gender & preferences, do you fantasize about V4 or M4 in any of their various personalities? Have you noticed that no one you know in what we laughingly refer to as "the real world" looks as good as either one of them? Are you looking into classes to learn fiction & screen writing? Have set design and lighting taking on a whole new level of interest to you? Are you taking classes in both acting and directing to get a better handle on how to handle your characters on set? Do you own a clap board? Do you videotape live settings because the existing ones aren't realistic enough? Is that one of the very, very, very few reasons you leave your residence? Are high end photo and video equipment part of your arsenal? If any of this sounds familiar, you just may be a Dazaholic. There is no known cure.
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

NEWS 7 - PC VOTE - A HEATING CLASH OF ELECTORAL SUPPORTERS AS THE POLLS STEADILY RISE.

A little late posting this one. But in future I'll be ready LOL

SPYRONews_1.jpg
    1000 x 796 - 589K
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    NEWS 7 - PC VOTE - A HEATING CLASH OF ELECTORAL SUPPORTERS AS THE POLLS STEADILY RISE.

Good one :lol:

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    Kludge said:
    jakiblue said:
    ok i'm lost again (this is what happens when you have an almost-day long power cut and can't keep up with what's happening here LOL )

has there been another 99c category sale yet? (after the halloween one)
    I think they should have everything except PC $1.99 items at 99 cents all month with the $1.99 items free for the same period. PC members only, of course. It's a special anniversary so it should be a special sale, right? :lol:

Hehe...well maaaaaaaaaaybe they will do something like that...;)

Actually, I'd be ecstatic if they did a you-choose-your-own-pack of 10 PC items for $10, excluding the items in the current extravaganza bundles and in the buy-it-all category. How cool would that be?

I'm still hoping for free. A free day with the non-PC items at $1.99. One day. That would be absolutely cool.
    Hmmm ... this may help answer your question ... Have you started filling every available nook & cranny of your HD with *things* for DAZ software? Are you looking at investing in a new HD just for them ... or possibly a net attached storage farm? Are you considering taking out a loan to network attach multiple Core 2 Quad machines to help cut render times? Has buying an ISP just for the hardware crossed your mind? Have you installed a fridge, hot plate (or small grill), and bunk in the same room as your computer? Do your clothes occasionally stand up and walk around on their own? Is the most common gift from your neighbors cases of air fresheners? Does someone have to come in and handle your bills & restock your fridge/pantry otherwise it would never get done? Is bathing an exercise to be endured only when the crusties inhibit your ability to use your graphics tablet, mouse or other devices? When you do have to go to the bathroom for physiological reasons, is there a computer there that is network attached to the main one so you can keep working there? Despite the fact that both have MPD, have V4 and M4 become your best friends? Do you carry pictures of them with you in lieu of family pics? Are they more family than the flesh and blood sort? When you bring up A4, do you greet her with Konnichiwa? Dependent on your gender & preferences, do you fantasize about V4 or M4 in any of their various personalities? Have you noticed that no one you know in what we laughingly refer to as "the real world" looks as good as either one of them? Are you looking into classes to learn fiction & screen writing? Have set design and lighting taking on a whole new level of interest to you? Are you taking classes in both acting and directing to get a better handle on how to handle your characters on set? Do you own a clap board? Do you videotape live settings because the existing ones aren't realistic enough? Is that one of the very, very, very few reasons you leave your residence? Are high end photo and video equipment part of your arsenal? If any of this sounds familiar, you just may be a Dazaholic. There is no known cure.
    Holy crap, that's whats wrong with me!!!
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

This is terrible I need to buy a new hard drive because I'm down to my last 60 or 70 gb.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OH, you mean I could have go away with just buying a new Hard drive. I just purchased a new PC with 2 internal hardrives, so I could keep up.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Shouldn't Elite Dave http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-5-elite-skin-texture-dave be part of the "People" category sale?

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:

Hmmm ... this may help answer your question ...

Have you started filling every available nook & cranny of your HD with *things* for DAZ software? Are you looking at investing in a new HD just for them ... or possibly a net attached storage farm? Are you considering taking out a loan to network attach multiple Core 2 Quad machines to help cut render times? Has buying an ISP just for the hardware crossed your mind?

Have you installed a fridge, hot plate (or small grill), and bunk in the same room as your computer? Do your clothes occasionally stand up and walk around on their own? Is the most common gift from your neighbors cases of air fresheners? Does someone have to come in and handle your bills & restock your fridge/pantry otherwise it would never get done? Is bathing an exercise to be endured only when the crusties inhibit your ability to use your graphics tablet, mouse or other devices? When you do have to go to the bathroom for physiological reasons, is there a computer there that is network attached to the main one so you can keep working there?

Despite the fact that both have MPD, have V4 and M4 become your best friends? Do you carry pictures of them with you in lieu of family pics? Are they more family than the flesh and blood sort? When you bring up A4, do you greet her with Konnichiwa? Dependent on your gender & preferences, do you fantasize about V4 or M4 in any of their various personalities? Have you noticed that no one you know in what we laughingly refer to as "the real world" looks as good as either one of them?

Are you looking into classes to learn fiction & screen writing? Have set design and lighting taking on a whole new level of interest to you? Are you taking classes in both acting and directing to get a better handle on how to handle your characters on set? Do you own a clap board? Do you videotape live settings because the existing ones aren't realistic enough? Is that one of the very, very, very few reasons you leave your residence? Are high end photo and video equipment part of your arsenal?

Whew! We don't need to talk then. Sounds perfectly normal to me. :)

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    WhiteMyst said:
    *Squeeee* I'm getting the K4 morphs and Hollie for K4! I can't resist a character pack by Mada, Thorne and Sarsa.

Oh, good grief ... another squeee-er. ;-P

Anyway, you'll love them both. If you think of it, Morphlet adds a lot of versatility to K4 as well.

Better to Squeee then weeee! LOL

I'll have to take a peek at Morphlet and add her to my wishlist. I have a couple bucks left and I'm saving that for the V4 ranger.

BTW folks, V4 Ranger comes with hair and a skin. ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

...very funny, nicely done.
    edited December 1969

WhiteMyst said:
    Kludge said:
    WhiteMyst said:
    *Squeeee* I'm getting the K4 morphs and Hollie for K4! I can't resist a character pack by Mada, Thorne and Sarsa.
    Oh, good grief ... another squeee-er. ;-P

Anyway, you'll love them both. If you think of it, Morphlet adds a lot of versatility to K4 as well.

Better to Squeee then weeee! LOL

I'll have to take a peek at Morphlet and add her to my wishlist. I have a couple bucks left and I'm saving that for the V4 ranger.

Actually it's an additional morph package for K4. It adds significantly to the ++ pack.
    BTW folks, V4 Ranger comes with hair and a skin. ;)
    Interesting - and valid - point.
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Kludge said:

If any of this sounds familiar, you just may be a Dazaholic. There is no known cure.

Holy crap, that's whats wrong with me!!!
    It's a fairly safe bet that it is. But you're in good company. :)
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    This is terrible I need to buy a new hard drive because I'm down to my last 60 or 70 gb.

Hmmm ... this sounds familiar. When I started collecting "Stuff", I used 250 GB drives. Then I started buying 500GB drives. My next purchases will be 1TB drives. After that, NAS with multiple drives of an as of yet undetermined size.
    edited December 1969

Whew! We don't need to talk then. Sounds perfectly normal to me. :)

Yep. For anyone here. But those not of the DAZ persuasion (or Poser, to be fair) simply don't understand what makes us tick. Oh, and chime on the hour and the half. :lol:
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    OH, you mean I could have go away with just buying a new Hard drive. I just purchased a new PC with 2 internal hardrives, so I could keep up.

Another PC is good especially if it's networked with the first one so you can build a render farm. :-)
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2012

Update 2 - NEWS 7 - Brought to you by Wendys Cat shop. "Like fur? We purr."

SPYRONews2.jpg
    1000 x 796 - 650K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Update 2 - NEWS 7 - Brought to you by Wendys Cat shop. "Like fur? We pur."

. :lol:
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited October 2012

Kludge said:
    anikad said:

Hmmm ... this sounds familiar. When I started collecting "Stuff", I used 250 GB drives. Then I started buying 500GB drives. My next purchases will be 1TB drives. After that, NAS with multiple drives of an as of yet undetermined size.

I have two 1TB drives in my box, plus a 2TB USB drive on the desk, for backups.

Dana

Edit: Hmmm...yes, a NAS has been a nagging thought lately. The USB drive was supposed to be like that, but it didn't work with my Netgear Dual Band router as it should have, so I removed it and put it on my desk. EVentually I'll get a nice NAS box, load it with a few 2TB drives and set up RAID.

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited December 1969

I have three 2 TB dives and one 3TB drive (9TB total) and room for 4 more drives.

The problem I have is I had this home-built PC made before I started 3D artistry, otherwise my hardware would have been more powerful than it already is.

It seems as though it is already behind the times. Of course that's the case with anything in 6 months, but not as bad as it used to be.

edited December 1969

I have a 500gb drive in my desktop which is fast filling up. I need to buy a backup drive and another drive I am aware. However, the more I look into these drives the more I heard about large drive failure. I can't work out if my old computer can take a 2tb internal or not. So confusing.

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    I have a 500gb drive in my desktop which is fast filling up. I need to buy a backup drive and another drive I am aware. However, the more I look into these drives the more I heard about large drive failure. I can't work out if my old computer can take a 2tb internal or not. So confusing.

I've had my three 2tb drives around 2 yrs and my 3tb drive for 8 mths. I haven't had a problem with any of them (I sure as hell hope they don't fail me now that I mention this).

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

genesis + poser announcement on homepage :)

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

genesis + poser announcement on homepage :)

You may have to refresh the page to see the new announcement!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,758
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

I've had my three 2tb drives around 2 yrs and my 3tb drive for 8 mths. I haven't had a problem with any of them (I sure as hell hope they don't fail me now that I mention this).

Heh... I did a quick count and realized that my LAPTOP is packing way over 3tb with all the portable drives I haul around (2 1tbs and a 750gb.) Not counting those, the home PC has another 5tb of storage... it's crazy, and yet it's still not enough sometimes...

As for drive failures - they WILL happen, it's just a question of how long. I've had drives that were only a month old crater, and I've got some that are still plunking along after ten years, so I make it a habit of keeping everything critical backed off on externals and raw drives that I only plug in when I'm using them (and a once every 3 months plug in to keep them from locking up.)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I have three 2 TB dives and one 3TB drive (9TB total) and room for 4 more drives.

The problem I have is I had this home-built PC made before I started 3D artistry, otherwise my hardware would have been more powerful than it already is.

It seems as though it is already behind the times. Of course that's the case with anything in 6 months, but not as bad as it used to be.

I have 1000 googlebyte drives. No not really. I just can't resist one-upmanship. :lol:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Ledhead said:

I have 1000 googlebyte drives. No not really. I just can't resist one-upmanship. :lol:

I may have a powerful computer, but I have no idea how to use. I would give up this computer for 10% of the knowledge some of the people on this site have in creating 3D content. I had this pc built to create videos, but came across the 3D environment and was hooked from the get go. Now it seems all I do is buy content. categorize it, and chat in the forum. I need to stop spending so much money on the sales that seem to go on and on (my wife would divorce me if she found out how much money I have spent on 3D content) and use the forum to develop knowledge while I try and create pretty pictures or some animation ( I really want to get into animation, but need to start with getting to know D/S first).

Onward with the show!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

And now you are too...I got your answers ;)

Winners from the first week will be announced tomorrow.

Member's Choice winners will be announced tomorrow as well.

The prices in the people category will also be getting taken care of tomorrow when they are back in the office and can see exactly why its happening.

Was that everything or is there something I missed? Please let me know if there is :)

• BruceBroussardBruceBroussard Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Same with my wife. I replace my computer every two years, so I have lots of hard drives.
    Currently running raid 10 with four 2T with os on raid 1 ssd for 512G and 16G ram and i7 overclocked everything.
    And I want faster, bigger, better!!!
    A youtube vid had a dual xeon quad core, 48G ram, four graphics cards, and three raid sets.
    Now that should render just fine :-)
    Anyone want to try 16 core xeons.