Looking for tutorials on texturing

DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have gone through a few tutorials on clothing creation in Hexagon but none of them continue with texturing the clothing once they are imported back into DAZ.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you have the clothing UV Mapped, which can be done inside Hexagon, then you would create a template for use in Photoshop, Gimp, PSP or other paint program. It is just a case ot filling in the texture template with the colours or texutres you want to use

The other option would be to apply a shader inside DAZ Studio which is also very simple, and there are loads of shders available both for sale and free.

Is there something specific that you want to know about texturing?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2012

DarthD said:
    I have gone through a few tutorials on clothing creation in Hexagon but none of them continue with texturing the clothing once they are imported back into DAZ.
    If you look in the new users forum at the top are tutorials. If I remember correctly one of them contains texturing...can't remember if it was called texturing or something else though.

Found it http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/325/

It's called the general art...you will need to scroll down and there are about 5 tutes on creating textures.

edit: Chohole also did a tutorial on texturing that is excellent...the link may be in her sig.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • DarthDDarthD Posts: 259
    edited December 1969

JimmyC-2009, I want to know how to apply textures to the clothing. It's mapped and I can create the textures, I just don't know how to apply them to the clothing.

Pendraia, thank you for the link, I'll look through them and see if I can find what I need.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

DarthD said:
    JimmyC-2009, I want to know how to apply textures to the clothing. It's mapped and I can create the textures, I just don't know how to apply them to the clothing.

Pendraia, thank you for the link, I'll look through them and see if I can find what I need.

No problem : ) here is the link for Choholes http://chohole.ovbi.org/texture_tutorial.htm

It's one of the best I've come across...

edited December 1969

I thank you again :)

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

DarthD said:

You would select the clothing in the Scene tab as well as the Surface tab. Then, on the left side of the Diffuse Color section, you would browse to where you have your texture jpg file saved. By clicking on the jpg, your texture will be applied.

Hope this helps.

edited December 1969

Thnk you