1000 x 1000 - 708K
    34_-_Faerie_of_the_5th_Dimension.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 828K
    32_-_An_Angel_Forever.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 338K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...very nice,

how did you get the glass effect in the first one?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...very nice,

how did you get the glass effect in the first one?

I turned the reflections up to 100% in DS and used a space scene/background for a reflection map. For such a simple solution, it turned out way better then I had hoped.

edited December 2012

...have to wait until everything on the workstation is up as that much reflectivity would kill my old notebook.

I had a scene with Jack's Baroque Grandeur keep crashing when rendering because of the reflectivity on the lamp crystals. Once I turned it off, the scene rendered fine,.

One of the first projects I want to do on the new rig is retexture the wing panels of BadKitteh's Aptomatera to look like leaded glass and bump up the shine on all the brass fittings. I remember the WIP thread she had where the wing panels were left clear in a couple of pics and had the look of glass. I thought that would have been a stunning texture for the set.

What you did here is absolutely beautiful.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Thank you. Also used the same reflection map on the Faerie pic below it.

The reflection map is there to fake the reflection so it looks like the model is somewhere it is not or to give it a different effect. Using the reflection map greatly reduces memory useage and render times. The image was done in 2006. Trust me, I had no big fancy rig then. I have also used a pic of a winter scene as a reflection map, blurred 50%, for a brushed metal look as seen here - http://mattymanx.deviantart.com/art/Exar-Kun-s-Lightsabre-293104659 - Keep in mind that I used pwSurface2 as the surface shader for the lightsabre promo but for the glass angel pic it was the DS default surface shader.

edited December 1969

...so a reflection map is different than cranking up the reflection index in the surface tab?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so a reflection map is different than cranking up the reflection index in the surface tab?

You can use any image you want for a reflection map. You change it on the Surface tab like you would a diffuse map. Reflection strength effects it no different then it does when not using a reflection map. You can get a lot of different looks from reflection maps depending on the pic you use.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,573
    edited December 1969

Aiko 3 wearing Gareee's "Martian Princess" ensemble (intended for V4) with elements from LittleFox's "Harmony" set to create my personal vision of Dejah Thoris, Princess of Helium, from Edgar Rice Burroughs "Barsoom" novels.

Sincerely,

Bill

Dejah-A3-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 994 - 138K
    edited December 1969

...really nice.

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

Deja Thoris is jaw dropping.

Love the glass Aiko too - very clever!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Looks gorgeous. What hair prop is that Bill?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

It's the Harmony hair from the Littlefox set. There's also a texture pack, although these days shaders would do the job as well or better.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... lemme look .... Nope, don't have that one I guess! bummer

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

*melts*
    Lovely!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

The Harmony set is actually for Melody, but there are A3 fits.

• EthinEthin Posts: 961
    edited December 1969

Great renders. :)

I've got a new one, hot out of the possessor.

christmas2012_pic.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 463K
    edited December 1969

...been dealing with all this craziness about the new teens for Genesis and the Snowball bundle snafu.

Refreshing to come back here.

Lovely work.

edited December 1969

a few more

I remember I had fun with these...

40_-_Waiting_#2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 240K
    39_-_GOS_-_Sylfie.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 769K
    39_-_GOS_-_Sarina.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 864K
    39_-_Sisters_3_-_Girls_of_Summer_(1024).jpg
    1024 x 768 - 475K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    a few more

They're all great! (^_^)d... that last one... "Things that go bump in the night"? ;-)
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Mattymanx said:
    a few more

They're all great! (^_^)d... that last one... "Things that go bump in the night"? ;-)

I was originally going to put something behind her but then changed my mind. But yeah, you get general idea! :D

edited December 1969

My humble offering... A3 (Mulberry with Kioki smile morph applied to smooth her upper lip) in her very first outfit - Lotus with textures by Neyjour - the one that leapt through my eyeballs and throttled my brain and said "You NEED me! Your life is INCOMPLETE without an Aiko3, and a wardrobe, and hair, and props, and shaders, and and and... >_<".</p>

a3-mulberry-lotus003.png
    512 x 1024 - 678K
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    My humble offering... A3 (Mulberry with Kioki smile morph applied to smooth her upper lip) in her very first outfit - Lotus with textures by Neyjour - the one that leapt through my eyeballs and throttled my brain and said "You NEED me! Your life is INCOMPLETE without an Aiko3, and a wardrobe, and hair, and props, and shaders, and and and... >_<".</div>

Looks good!

Kioki is a priceless addon for A3 for all those extra morphs you get. Can just be a pain to sort through sometimes though.

I like your lighting. You do it yourself of use a light set?

edited December 2012

Mattymanx said:
    ...Looks good!

Kioki is a priceless addon for A3 for all those extra morphs you get. Can just be a pain to sort through sometimes though.

I like your lighting. You do it yourself of use a light set?

Thanks! <(^_^)...</p>

... I had (have) a minor problem with getting the Kioki morphs into DS-4.5... the morphs don't seem to load directly? the targetGeom keys appear to be referencing a morph that does not yet exist (ie the name of the new one) - I had to manually change the ones I wanted to use from (eg) "MouthSmile1" to "PBMCC_12_head" (etc) in order to be able to see and use them in the 4.5 interface. I also had to strip out an extra "}" from the end of each .pz2 Inj* file. Does this ring any bells?

The lights were originally DestinyGarden's PhotoStudio2 preset #8, one of the ones with two fills and one key, but I found the specular effect waaay over the top with the UberSurface shaders on her skin, so had to manually dial the keylight down a bit. Normally I do prefer to just use a UberEnv2 along with a distant keylight to accent shadows and perhaps a specular to bring out hair highlights...

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

In DS4 I had an issue when using Kioki but it was memory related. In DS45 it was fine.

As for morphs, I have been able to access them all last time I used them in DS45.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    In DS4 I had an issue when using Kioki but it was memory related. In DS45 it was fine.
    As for morphs, I have been able to access them all last time I used them in DS45.

Hmmm... I must be doing something daft when loading them then... thanks (^_^)n
  • nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited January 2013

Render drop.

I was working on another project when I saw that the WoolOneP for A3 dress by Tentman would make a great uniform.
    That led to this render on the most excellent ST:TOS bridge by Ptrope.

Yukinojo's new bridge.

When the Kimba girls found out that Tennyo's new ship could easily reconfigure itself into different forms, and since it has a full load of fuel, they wanted to enlarge the control room. What better than a ST:TOS bridge? With new uniforms, of course.

We got Cpt. Tennyo, with yeoman Jade.
    Nicki & Toni on Nav & Weapons.
    Bunny on Science & Ayla on Comms. (Though Ayla hates wearing a skirt.)
    And look, Hank got stuck as a 'Red Shirt'.

Now most of the buttons don't actually work, they just beep when you push them.
    The ship's AI is controlled from the Cpt.’s chair.

:) :)

Yes this is another joke render of the Kimba girls of Whateley Academy. http://www.crystalhall.org/

Hiro3 shirt by Sione

billi-trek-b.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

Time for me to post something as well ^.^ This is my latest: portrait of Nadira, my character in Crystallicum RPG. Totally love Melody :)

Render_3.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 227K
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Just messing about.
    Watched & read a lot of retro sci-fi over the holidays - Buck Rogers & Flash Gordon.

13-01-18_WilmaD.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 417K
    edited January 2013

"Tentacles?! Aww, h*ll, no!!! I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going!!!"

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
    edited December 1969

Despite appearances, this is not LittleFox's Melody, but Aiko 3 making use of some distinctive morphs by Beth Capsces.

This is yet another stage in my never ending quest to generate the “perfect” digital Lt. M’Ress, a secondary character from the 1973 animated adaptation of Star Trek by Filmation Studios (most noted for Fat Albert and He-Man).

This time around I’m employing an improvement Achronicity (aka jenelson) made upon his Kasa morphs. (He no longer sells at Renderosity, but one can contact him at Fur Affinity if one is curious about the updated set.) As you can see this version allows for the morphing of thicker toes with squared “knuckles” and built in claws.

There’s yet to be any product that morphs the hands, but playing around with the scaling of the middle and final joints of the fingers, I discovered I was able to make them shorter and thicker, giving a bit more of a paw-like appearance, Plugging the color white into the displacement channel into the hand material zone also plumps the fingers (not depicted here). I'm currently experimenting with a few methods to give her claws upon her fingertips.

Sincerely,

Bill

MRess-Limbo-J-1.jpg
    400 x 900 - 53K