How to change origin point?

2298622986 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I currently have multiple objects with origin points. but they are all in the wrong place! i cannot get my origin points to show so I can move them, because I do not know how! I was going to make an animation look smooth and not look like it's falling apart.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

22986 said:
    I currently have multiple objects with origin points. but they are all in the wrong place! i cannot get my origin points to show so I can move them, because I do not know how! I was going to make an animation look smooth and not look like it's falling apart.

just a guess - frame 0 - place your models ( all ways )
    then goto frame ( x ) where you want to move it
    never goto frame ( x ) and place them

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI 22986 :)

What you're asking depends on what software you're using.

For example : In Carrara, you can create a Group, or an Animated Group of different objects, which allows you to select and move that single group.

In other programs you'll need to "Parent" objects , so that one object moves along with the other.

An example of this would be: A figure walking along holding a box, ..the box ( a prop object ) would be "Parented" to one of the figures hands, and would follow the motion of the hand as if it were stuck to it.

It can help if you mention what type of objects you're using, and what you're trying to do, and maybe a screen-capture of what you're doing.

Hope that makes sense :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Your suggestion about "parenting" is a good one 3DAGE, but what if the objects he wants to move aren't related, such as a character carrying a box.

I don't know about Carrara, but in DS I often "parent" objects to a Null. I don't really do much animation, but couldn't the Null's origin point then be used to move all the objects parented to it all at once?

• 2298622986 Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Ok I can try parenting but Just in case you need to know, I used Blender to export my models.

oh and I'm doing an animal and not an object

Post edited by 22986 on