wahh KETCHUP SALE ends tomorrow? 28th - n/m sale extended

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited September 2012 in The Commons

i was hoping, we'd have the whole weekend. yikes!

i can't browse the whole store in one day.

edit - up to the D's now :) Davestia

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2012

maybe they will have an extension, or maybe they will start the next round of sales early. The PA sale did start at the end last month so anything is possible.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

I'm hoping for an extension. Not least because DAZ seems to be having serious technical difficulties today. It's sooooooo slow. I've tried with two different computers and two different high-speed connections, and it's the same - really slow. Not having problems with any other site.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited September 2012

Not to fan the flames but I can't even get to the sale.

I get an e-mail (1st image below) advising of the catch-up sale and when I click on the link I get the 2nd image below implying I can't get there from here. :-(

Can you spell SNAFU?

Capture2.JPG
    723 x 456 - 47K
    Capture3.JPG
    685 x 567 - 63K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

After receiving countless "Problem loading page," I vote for a week's extension!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

so it is not just me!
    I wanted to grab some 3DU animalz like da cow

SC20120928-013443.png
    1024 x 600 - 53K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have actually been getting that error everytime I have tired to do thigs in the store, such as reset an order or download from my available downloads. I found that going back and trying again it worked the 2nd time. The store is also running very slowly at present. It may be connected.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm kinda miffed I can not get in the Store for the Catch-Up Sale. I hope it's fixed fast.

As for the other thing (giggle), I'm NOT buying any KETCHUP from from Misty. No matter when the sale ends.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

There's a handful of things I still want from the PA sale, but money isn't going to be available until Saturday.

If they extend it, I'll buy. If not... there will be other sales, and none of it was stuff that I actually needed for current projects.

Ah well.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Just got that error page when I tried to go to my wishlist. This is insane, are they trying to get an early start on March Madness or what?

edited December 1969

still getting nowhere
    from what I saw, only selected items on sale anyway so prob not what I wanted

Untitled.jpg
    923 x 389 - 53K
    edited December 1969

:bug: They varnished the server? No wonder it doesn't work right!

edited December 1969

still getting nowhere
    from what I saw, only selected items on sale anyway so prob not what I wanted

All the PA items are 50% off. Except the new items.

DAZ originals are also not on sale. But everything else is.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

New items that were "PA Sale Day Irems" are in fact on sale.

And we're selling Catsup? When did that happen?

edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    New items that were "PA Sale Day Irems" are in fact on sale.

Yes, I was talking about the other PA items. The ones that came out recently, but weren't PA Sale items. I forget what the cutoff is. 30 days? 90 days?

I think it's so people who bought them at higher prices don't get plecked off when they're on sale for cheaper.

edited December 1969

I finally got the sauce!
    so can relish my 4 new 3DU animals!
    Tumbleweed, Noodle, the cow, the goat.

edited December 1969

Me too, got everything I wanted -- er, could afford -- but alas, getting network errors mid-download. And there is at least one pair of shoes I somehow missed I'd love another chance at if only I could get into the store without everything going kablooey. But on the bright side, now that Daz knows its servers are getting knackered maybe they'll put 'em on extra strength Pepper-Up Potion or whatever to give 'em a boost come the PC sale.

edited December 1969

this is what I got earlier today for the forum!

SC20120929-092744.png
    1024 x 600 - 41K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...all these errors,

...this just isn't cutting the mustard.

I motion for an extension not just or the weekend but past my payday (which is Monday).

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

I'm getting this .... "This page (https://www.daz3d.com/shop/checkout/cart/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by CloudFlare | Hide this Alert"

Surely they'll extend the sale with all these problems the last few days.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Faerydae said:
    I'm getting this .... "This page (https://www.daz3d.com/shop/checkout/cart/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by CloudFlare | Hide this Alert"

Surely they'll extend the sale with all these problems the last few days.

I just got an email it's been extended to until the 1st October...hope this helps...
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...yay, now I can get Jack's latest come payday.

edited September 2012

I'm glad the sale's been extended. I was getting errors almost all day yesterday.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Apple came to DAZ for help implementing their iPhone5 maps? 8-o

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    edited December 1969

It is good to see the sale extended given the sluggishness of the last couple days.

edited December 1969

they said on facebook it was a DDOS attack.

edited September 2012

they said on facebook it was a DDOS attack.

Yep, noticed that in another thread shortly after I posted my comment above.
    Amended my thoughts with this: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8625/#115334

It's times like this that remind me of what my mother used to say:
    "Be careful when you open your mouth, you're exposing your brains!"