Blender foundation's new video now is that cool or what! :coolsmile:

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• jp2012_1b46bb493ejp2012_1b46bb493e Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Very cool. I've tried using Blender, but it melted my brain. lol

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

lol! I embedded this on another forum and nearly all the replies said their software suite could do just as good a job given the funding!
    (Rosa got a simillar reaction btw, and would be the Daz/Poser comparision I myself would make given rendering was NOT done in Daz studio or Poser for that video anyway)
    I am underwhelmed by the response here! lol!
    if not, "hey I can do better in DS with Mestophales models and my cousins by a greenscreen using Sony Vegas"
    I though just a few more "wow! that was cool" s might have been posted.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited September 2012

I never even saw the post pop up until today, and I scan the 'new posts' regularly. As for being able to do it in DS/Poser... neither one is a modeler so that in itself kind of makes it impossible.

I will qualify that last statement as I know pre-made (Mestophales etc..) models were mentioned. At this point, the models are great for making individual photos, but rarely would they be enough for full story arcs for film/animation. One would almost have to resort to making a good amount of models to supplement pre-made or the content they had would most likely shape the storyline rather then the objects supporting the storyline due to the limitations of what one had to work with. Eventually that probably won't be the case so much.

Of course creativity can overcome a lot ;)

On another note, one would almost have to use a renderer like Octane imo. Lux would be too slow and 3Dlite would not give the quality to integrate with live footage very easily (re.. would also take too much work and be too slow.) Swapping out render engines means totally retexturing. Also, the models would have to be tweeked as things like poke through, incorrect pathing of parts, etc.. in animation would be an issue with disparate pre-made parts.

I think DS/Poser has the capability eventually to bring that type of productivity to their user base, just that it's not quite there yet.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

lol! the other forum I embedded it on uses premade content too btw!
    iClone was the software, they seemed pretty confident they could do just as well given a large team and funding!
    maybe Daz/Poser (and I include Carrara which I use in the former) users are just too unambitious.
    Rosa certainly proved it could be done.
    I would like to think so too but am impressed nonetheless!

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited September 2012

Here's an example of a feature in Blender that isn't in DS/Poser that would make doing it in those packages pretty hard without... Camera Tracking, p1 and Camera Tracking, p2. I'm not sure if Carrara or iClone have that built in, or how robust it is, but trying to combine rendered footage with live without a decent tracking tool would be difficult I would imagine.

Blender also has built in video editors, etc...

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Carrara has a Syntheyes plugin
    not cheap though
    Casual has been working on one for another program who's name escapes me for studio and Carrara

edited December 1969

voodoo

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

Blender is trying to showcase their VFX feature in the latest 2.6x build. "Tears" was a pretty impressive project for an internet team of filmmakers. I thought the limitations were the live action actors that came across a little over the top and campy. The effects themselves and the quality of the rendered output was quite good. Story wise I like SINTEL better. As for the claims from any community that their tools can deliver the same level of production value if only they had funding, well nothing it stopping them from producing a 5 second clip, proving it.