Texture template for "Troll for Genesis"

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I want to try creating a skin for "Troll for Genesis," but I can't find a texture template. Normally it's included in the description of the downloads, but I'm not seeing one.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Since it is just a moprh for Genesis, it would use the Uv Mapping for either Genesis, or one of the other shapes like V4 or M4.

The product page says there is a DSA material preset, which is in a readable text format, you should be able to find the skin that it loads, and change it. If it is only for your own use there would not be a problem with that.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to capture the way the skin is currently formed as an image file? As in, can I load M5, apply the troll skin and use the Troll UV set, and save the texture formatted for m5? I have the m5 and troll textures loaded up side by side and they are not the same at all.

My goal is to have a saved .png file of the troll texture mapped to use the m5 UVs.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I am a bit baffled here, I don't use many different skins myself, but Genesis uses the M4 and M5 skins, among others.

When you load the Troll on to Genesis, what does it say in the Surfaces tab for 'UV Set'? I imagine that it is using the M4 skin, if that is the case, you can load M5, change the UV Set to M4, and the troll skin should fit.

Whatever UV Set the troll uses, you can apply taht to M5 by just changing the UV Set, he is still just Genesis at the end of the day.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Yes, I know that I can use the skin that way, and it works fine. However, if you load a skin mapped to the M5 UVs into photoshop, and a skin mapped to Troll, you will see their shape is different. This is not a "M5 to Troll" issue exactly, I am simply using the Troll as an example at this point. I'm just interested to know if there is a way to convert the actual PNG into a different UV mapping.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

If you load Genesis and change the UV Set to Toll and export an .obj, you can load that .obj into UVMapper and make Toll UV templates.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Yes, the Troll has its own texture templates. I'm pretty certain they match the templates for the old DAZ Troll, but don't quote me on that.