How can I restore the original genesis figure?

SinisterOathSinisterOath Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I was making some morphs to the genesis figure using zbrush and at some point seemed to have saved and overwritten the original figure with the morphed one. Now all my characters based on genesis have this same morph. How can I reset this? I have tried reinstalling EVERYTHING (Daz Studio, Content Management, and the content itself) and it reappears with the morph every time. Has anyone ever done this before and might know a way to fix this? Please help.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I was making some morphs to the genesis figure using zbrush and at some point seemed to have saved and overwritten the original figure with the morphed one. Now all my characters based on genesis have this same morph. How can I reset this? I have tried reinstalling EVERYTHING (Daz Studio, Content Management, and the content itself) and it reappears with the morph every time. Has anyone ever done this before and might know a way to fix this? Please help.

I think it under - EDIT - Figure - restore

• SinisterOathSinisterOath Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you bigh. This worked. But when I load a new figure the morph is still there until I use EDIT-Figure-restore again. Will I have to restore the figure every time now or is there a way to save it again as the default? Sorry to ask such a dumb question but I'm not even sure how I screwed this up in the first place. lol.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The default Genesis, at least on my PC, is loaded from My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf

When you have Genesis the way that you want it, save it back to there, and see if that works.

• SinisterOathSinisterOath Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Restoring it and saving didn't work as the morph always returns. However, the Figure-restore always fixes it. I'm guessing it had something to do with my saving it as a morph asset. So I tried to restore and then save as morph asset again but this did not work either. I guess I've just given myself an extra step to do with every character but at least restoring the figure works. Thanks to you both.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have heard of people having to track down the morph, and deleteing it from the morphs folder.

On my machine the morphs are in My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base, and if you know the name that you gave the morph, you can get rid of it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

If you do a File>Save as>Support Asset>Modified Assets, with morphs dialed to non-zero values, then those valeus will be stored. Zero the figure and then use the save modified assets again if that seems to be what happened..