Request: Tutorial on how to make a product for DS (using DS 4.5).

scott_4e0b772ae4scott_4e0b772ae4 Posts: 50
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I know they are out there but I just cannot find them today. Trying to turn an .obj file into a DS prop with a variety of material presets. A step-by-step would be awesome. I have converted the .obj file. Saving the textures as material presets has not worked. Also, what is the "Create Product" option in the Content Library supposed to do.

Edit: Fixed the material preset problem. Now to the final part...

And finally, once you get everything actually working, then what?

Thanks,
Scott

Post edited by scott_4e0b772ae4 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,823
    edited December 1969

Moved to DAZ Studio Discussions - Product Suggestions is for the posters to suggest things they'd like to see made, and by extension for posts seeking products that have been made.

The simple answer is to save as a Figure or Prop after importing the OBJ and applying the base materials (the ones you want applied by default, if any). That's In the File>Save as>Support Asset menu. You will be aske to give a name for yourself and a name for the product - those will set teh names of the folders created in the \Data folder, which you need to include along with the textures (in Runtime\Textures\Some folder) and the presets you saved to make a complete package.

• scott_4e0b772ae4scott_4e0b772ae4 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

...the \Data folder, which you need to include along with the textures (in Runtime\Textures\Some folder) and the presets you saved to make a complete package.

Sorry about the post placement and thank you for a bit of information I had not considered. Would have left out the Data folder entirely and wondered what was wrong.

Thanks,
    Scott