Infinito

ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Does anybody knows if the activation of the Infinito plugin is fixed to the hardware or fixed to the DAZ Studio serial number?
In other words: Is it possible to install the plugin on a new machine without the need of a new activation key?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

ruekaka said:
    Does anybody knows if the activation of the Infinito plugin is fixed to the hardware or fixed to the DAZ Studio serial number?
    In other words: Is it possible to install the plugin on a new machine without the need of a new activation key?

Thanks in advance for any information.

hardware - you will need a new key .

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info!

I wonder why the PA does not give this information on the product page. I normally avoid purchasing software that is fix to the hardware (except it comes from the really "large" companies).

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

ruekaka said:
    Thanks for the info!

I wonder why the PA does not give this information on the product page. I normally avoid purchasing software that is fix to the hardware (except it comes from the really "large" companies).

he is real good about sending new key - send him a PM .

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

he is real good about sending new key - send him a PM

Thanks for your reply. I have no doubt that this work at the moment.
    My concerns are more generic, because I had the problem more than once in the last 10 years that a vendor stopped supporting/maintaining a software and I couldn't activate my software on a new machine. This is not only the problem that you lost the ability to use the software you paid for, but also to access the data (if it is in a proprietary format) which is even worse. That's the (main) reason why I avoid purchasing this kind of software nowadays.