Med Light...?!?

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi and thanks for running this thread, L. Been following with interest and have picked up lots of tips and tricks thus far...

My prob: I have just purchased Stonemason's amazing Streets of the Mediterranian, and want to create some really nice Mediterranian sky sunlight lights... I have been experimenting (with blues and white etc) but wanted to know from a pro like yourself how you would go about creating such a light set up...!?!
I also have been getting dark oblong shaped artefacts on some of the roof tiles and floor slabs when using Raytraced (my norm for years now) with AO checked - to give me some of those nice dirty nodes for added realisim. I think the AO is causing the problem, as when I switch off (AO) and increase the shadow minimum bias the problem goes away.

I use the aged Poser 6 software by the way...

Tony D

Comments

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

Usually the artefacts with AO are caused by self shadowing. Increase the shadow min bias on your RT light a it and see if this helps. If you increase it too much, you loose the shadow details, so you have to experiment here